Ipswich

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of Hyde Park

Kensington

in the county of Greater London

St Osyth Priory, Essex

St Osyth

in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Camilla could be Queen?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:18 on 21st November 2010

I say.....NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!!!

I really don't believe the public would stand for that and reckon if Prince Charles dared to inflict this upon us, that she would be castigated by the public accordingly.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 09:35 on 21st November 2010
I really hope not!  It might spell the end of the monarchy in England. 
Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 14:49 on 21st November 2010

Gee, Ron, could you be just a little bit more definite in your opinion? LOL!

I'm not sure that the British public would be so quick to to turn their backs on Camilla as queen--she is, after all, better tolerated than when she first married Charles. In any event, Camilla would be merely Queen Consort, not Queen Regnant, which means that she would have the rank with no military or political power, and would step down on the eventual accession of her step-son Prince William. Whether one likes Camilla or not, following in the shadow of Princess Diana is a nearly impossible task. Of course, being a Royal has never been an easy task--just ask Kings Edward II, Richard II, Henry VI, Richard III or Queens Anne Boleyn, Catherine Howard and Mary of Scotland, all of whom died in grisly ways! There are worse things than soured public opinion!

One thing I'm curious about is if Prince Charles declines the throne in favor of William (which I highly doubt), will Charles still retain his title as Prince of Wales or would he relinquish it to the first-born son of William and (presumably) his queen Kate?

jc
jc
quotePosted at 16:38 on 21st November 2010

Good Morning, Prince Charles look so young and Camilla would be the next Queen the would be a residing vote. Have a personal day the star is alway shining!

JuJu

victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 04:06 on 22nd November 2010

Our most gracious Majesty the Queen is not yet gone so "history in the making" will have to wait a while accordingly...Wink

Patricia Finnegan
Patricia Finnegan
quotePosted at 19:33 on 22nd November 2010
Leave it to Prince Charles, to take the spotlight off his son William, and soon-to-be-daughter-in-law Kate.   Long may Her Majesty reign, so William DOES become the next King!
Dennis Bailey
Dennis Bailey
quotePosted at 23:48 on 23rd January 2011

The moment she becomes queen i will train my dog to lick my postage stamps.

Please multiply the sentiment behind that statement a thousandfold.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 02:14 on 24th January 2011
I didn't know horses could be queen? ;-)
Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 07:21 on 24th January 2011

What is it that causes people to think that Cam should not be our Queen ? Her lifestyle has been and is not much different than some of those in previous years who have been King or Queen....

I am not trying to cause friction on this, but trying to understand 'why' there are such strong feelings about it all.   Is it because Diana was 'better' or ??  Help me out here  lol...need to understand this.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 11:59 on 24th January 2011

i'll try Beth, here goes-

C and family part of the Royal inner-circle, C fancies young PC  but is herself already married. C introduces a very young D to PC to cover her own 'friendship'  with PC. C marries D. C and PC remain 'friends'. D despairs. C divorces her husband. C seperates from D. D is loved by the people. D dies. PC and C marry. Public unhappy at series of events.

At least this is the way I understand it.