'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Marle Place Gardens, Brenchley, Kent - TN12 7HS

Brenchley

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:06 on 25th July 2015
Good Morning to all--have a nice daySmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:06 on 27th July 2015

Good evening.....well, they took off this morning...then came back..took my camera and left again...ruined by going back to bed this morning....so I stayed up and have been tweeking the house an bit an bringing it up to par. Pickef up an scratching post for the cats, and cardboard cube for making pet beds...in the latest colors...chased it down most the morning before I found something low cost, I mean like whom wants to pay top dollar for something if they like it will be shredded to bits down the road....and many of them are now over one hundred dollars to buy. These "cubes" can be added to each other to make bigger or what ever you want, up higher also. In my case set it up on an small outdoor side table. Lime green so it matches my livinging room wall. Raining now...good shower going over...someone is throwing an party as my street is lined up with cars...but I don't see any people out mingling about or in any of the houses either. So I go for now and finally relax an bit. Have an good whatever it is timewise in your area.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:54 on 27th July 2015
Good Morning to all --enjoy the dayFrown
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:02 on 27th July 2015

WE have some serious something going on...Oregon.... Lakeview...where they started the fracking over in eastern Oregon has had about 10 quakes since yesterday, and all over the news this morning is 18 quakes off the islands of Alaska, in something I've always heard...an right angle.... toward Lakeview, Oregon....USGS issued at statement this morning...the highest quake in Alaska has been an 6.9...the one in Lakeview, Oregon high 4 mag......this area of Alaska is just north of where some years ago off Canada is where the Govt. made an deal with Howard Hugesto do thier nuke testing so he could renovate Las Vegas.  Some years ago they had an quake swarm just south of this area....I think it was closer to the San Juan De Fuca off shore major fault area also. Anyway, something is right now making this area dancing up to an storm. USGS put out an statement that Alaska could possibly see another larger quake here soon. Nothing has been mentioned about Lakeview, Oregon or if the fracking there has anythimg to do with up in Alaska.  I don't like the idea of my turf in the area "dancing" about  to such an high amount of quakes. I asked for "what's up" news psychically and got an vision of the "Bush" family interference in my life right now to control things.  With that I go fro now.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:54 on 27th July 2015

What do you think about fracking Shirley does it create the quakes that some are discussing?

And does it contaminate the water course?

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:31 on 28th July 2015
Good Evening to all ---hada good day??Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:01 on 29th July 2015

We never had any earthquakes hardly until they started it over there in Lakeview. Supposedly they insert water to balance out the stufff they take out...but like in Oklahoma...there's something wrong going on  with it.  Oklahoma just had two larger quakes also. If they are going for shale, it's got to be squeezed to deliver the oil held in it. They could be laying an underground pipeline they aren' telling us about and finally...it's near the Brother's Fault zone...which caused the border mountains of Oregon and California to split apart in ancient days...off set an hunk of ground in spouthern Oregon near the coast.They could also be mining for Gold or Crystals in the area and it has nothing to do with oil.They would not be the first one on the prospect of Gold.  They named the Owyahee River over from it prior...the prospector with Hawaaian slave labor...named that River having come from northern California during the Gold Rush Days...hope I spelled that correctly.

Been over in England here lately by picking up an used book called "Lost Crafts",someone over there thought to remember to tell the future generations what they were .I wanted it for the traditonal  names of the crafts to use in my geneaology records...besides what was involved in the craft work. It covers farming, fence making, animals, hunting and gaterhing both wild foods an herbs, making Creels (small boats), traps, arrows/bows, tracking, making fire from Fint, fishing.nets, poles, skinning what you catch, food and drink..beer, herbals for healing, smoking, pickling,  the Mrs Beeton Way for preparing rabbits and fowl of all kinds, Jams Marmalades, and butter, milling was included in the last chapter,making soap, oil lamps, candles, chimney sweeping, Making Besom Brooms, Spinning, weaving, Rag Rugs, Quilting, making clogs and shoes, Ktichen Gardening, Landscaping, Stonemasonary, Thatching, Tiling, making rope, Tanning, Leather working, Blacksmithing, Wheelwrighting, Coopering, Woodwork in general and making furniture, Baskets, pipes, paper, Quill pens, Knots and navagating by the stars, then it goes into decorative crafts, sewing, whitling,stained glass, pots and pottery, embroidery and all kinds of dress making...and making your own implements to do it.  I left some things out so you'd not get bored. This is an $25 book I picked up for $4.99 and it's in pristine condtion...376 pages long. I see all kinds of uses for it.

My grandaughter and I went out to lunch for today. It wasn't to bad today...but tomarrow and after that it's in the mid to high 90's again. So I'm not doing much really right now. Once again my diet was thrown out the door as to say. I worked some on an little cabinet I bought...for not much money either...it's small and thin an goes half way up the bird cage...and I'm filling it with all the little what nots scattered all over this house of ink pens, pencils, notebook paper, duct tape, scotch tape, glues, and bird food/snacks. I can close the doors in front and it looks like an piece of furniture. I put an chair beside with with an pillow in it, and it's surrounded by fake greenery with the bird cage in the middle of it all...in the background. Top of it is reserved to drinking tea if need be..while I talk to the birds...they notch thier heads aback an forth like they understand every word I'm saying.With that, I guess I go for now.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 15:32 on 29th July 2015

Of great concern I say Shirley especially as the areas concerned didn't have quakes previously. It could be a coincidence of course, but is it really worth taking the chance?

What say you members?

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 16:04 on 29th July 2015
Good Afternoon to all --Internet been down all morning Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:59 on 29th July 2015

Over all Ron...I'd lik eto see us go in more then one way to do things and that includes energy of any kind. So I'm an advocate of one small electric car per family and leave the gasoline to the pickup trucks for hauling...with them getting better mileage per gallon.  I think i twould cause less wars globally for others to know they have an "choice"...that they could afford also. they are already talking abou tmining out astroids as they fly by for thier minerals and what-not. I think it's the way to go and one we will have to persue someday as we use up ours on earth.

I was watching the 700 club this morning whose news reported that they just found and dug up four burials of the first Englishmen that landed in Jamestown in 1607, one of fthem was the Reverand Buck..kin to my Read family lines...whom married "Pochantas". and John Wolle. Tthey showed them as an mass of bones turning to dust...so they must of known beforehand who was in the crypts.

We are getting ready for the next several days in the high 90's.  This means of course I'm up at 3 O'Clock in the morning opening the house up and  staying up until I shut the doors and windows and then going to sleep finally. So this morning I woke up to find both cats, one on each side of me giving each other an look.."I think she's OK"...she's  just sleeping in". They have been following me around ever since then also. I go for now.