Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Caister, Norfolk. Looking toward Hemsby

Caister-on-Sea

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:55 on 19th June 2015
Good Morning to all who are awake -enjoy the day??Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 20:11 on 19th June 2015
Hi to all POEsters, hope like me you are all having a great time?

editPosted at 23:22 on 19th June 2015

Well, I have one neighbor moving, one doing yard work, one on vacation, one working this morning....told the one moving goodbye, she's moving to Troutdale...I just delivered some "pet" urine remover to my sister, and 13 wee wee pads for her furniture....who has until the end of this month to get her apartment smell free..by the state.. ..I will be back over there next week. This stuff takes care of all carpeting and upholstery...furniture.

I walked 16 miles this week for only an piddly 2 pound loss.  I Blood glucose tested my middle finger and my ring finger and got two different readings 54 points in difference. My blood pressure monitor refused to work last night so I am really in fix right now..my test's come up in 12 days time. Neither of the glucose readings were an high "normal" either. The lowest was 28 points to high. I am an bit conerned about all this...as it's unusal to eat an under 900 calorie a day diet and be dealing with such figures.

Your story for today...my great Aunt Katherine....whom got me into this family geneaology work.  I have information on her but not her husband....I can't find an Peter O'Cana ...her shuband whom passed away many years ago. So Gritswent looking for me....she says his father is Louis Ocana born 1870 and Susie Mendibes,,born 1872....can't find either of them either. So I read the history of Pasadena, California where they lived. According to it, it was someone's ranch until 1900...and Peter OCana was born 1901.  Close to where they lived I noticed an house simliar to their's that she showed me on sale for $849,000. Ifelt she must of met him after she left Nebraska...they say Kansas...but it was on the border where they lived back then. It says where they lived was an place early on settled by the wealthy...but no records on them?...makes me question this.

So I went looking...The Spanish Habitual name from Ocana....(town named as such) in Toledo Providence of Spain...1 per cent of this name is in the USA. 

Family crest...gold/red/touch of Burgany...lion drawing sword...red crosses and "fleir de lur"  around outside edge...topp with an black helment,,,and flower or feathery leaves in abundance falling around the top of the crest. Saw no motto.

History of Ocana, Spain....town is surroubnded with ruined walls of an old castle..Ocana is the Vicus Cuminarus of the Romans...whatever that means..the dowery that Al Mutamid of Seville gave to his daughter's marriage to Alfonso VI of Castile. 

Al-Mutamid ibn Abbad reined in 1040-1095 era...and was the last ruler of the Abbadid dynasty...it was an Arab Muslim dauansty..this group comprised of several European Dyanasties by marriage...included Catherine of Aragon, mother of Queen Mary...married King Henry VIII of England. 

When I was doing crests on the Ocana name, several were listed as branches off of it...one was the name of "Campos" Brigader General Martinez Campos...died in Zarauz, Spain Sept 23, 1900. Now we are getting into abou tthe correct date of my Ocana. This man after several battles became the Captain General  o fCuba around 1868. He favored politically Alfonso XII, son of the exiled Isabel II. He was also in to Mexico at one time.

Alfonso XII was King of Spain 1874 to 1885...he married twice. His first marriage was to Victoria Eugenie of Battenburg. She was the grand-daughter of Queen Victoria..(UK)..cousin of King Geroge V...she was born 1887 at Balmoral, Scotland...died at Lausanna, Switzerland...Roman Catholic. Balmoral Castle was an British Royal Family Estate...it was perchased by Prince Albert..consort to Queen Victoria.

Knowing our Larkins family long time "masonic lodge" members...high office holding ones also...I find that the order started in Mexico in the 1850's. I am sure that the Brigader-General to have such an high military position knew the King of his day if not before also. Could my O'Cana relative been into "Gold mining" in Mexico and an money investor in Pasadena, California?...he could of been into building as I've heard say my great aunt's brother was an contractor of Hollywood's early days...only in Pasadena...or could he of  built the Huntington Library/Museum.... where they lived across the street from at one time. 

I'm still searching on this, I thought it would be easy, so always left it for later on.If connected to the Huntington Library/Musuem..he could of been into the Arts also of the day...and collector even.  At least I was told they were buried together...in Glendale, California. Perhaps why it is the only Museum sporting tapestries from early England. Your story for today.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:25 on 19th June 2015
Sorry I timed out on thsi report...was reading it over so I could shorten ti an bit if anyone is interested look up the names in Wikipedia for more details...talk later on
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:09 on 20th June 2015
Good Morning to all---wow Shirley thats what you call a postSmile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:57 on 21st June 2015
Good Afternoon to allSmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:11 on 21st June 2015

Hi to James and anybody else looking in. Hope your day has been okay thus far?

And yes Shirley, what a post!

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 17:39 on 21st June 2015
Good Evening to you Ron--what you been up to??Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:53 on 22nd June 2015

Hi, I lost ny first post earlier today....Ron, McAfee only when I come into POE throws up an "Alert".... that password has been compromised"....when I login into this site..not any other web sites.....Tony and I have discussed it all before...and there for an while it stopped doing it...I might have to take it into to him again...caused it's not exact;ly the truth.....I've never had McAfee except for the last month or so we bought this computer and it's been under McAfee since office depoe did the start up on it.. under.their security since the day we left Office Depoe with it under our arms. I beleive this is an scare tactic to see what they can sell us again.It is irritating, because I really won' t know if I am ever having any problems because of this kind of selling promotion going on....and even then, it would go to Tony first before anyone else. When th ermessage "pops up" it generally covers

whatever I'm doing also...that bugs the "H" out of me also.All those people...what makes them think I have the time to stop and address what ever it is that they want to sell "right that minute" disrespectful o fthem to potential customers....everytime, like just now I lost the web site...that just pisses me off...really bad...OK...where did my post go to?..heh...such absolute morons. This morning I was going to tell you the "rest of the story " on the Ocana's and couldn' tand now I'm not going to because of it either. Windows 8 can't apparently "hold" the current website an person is at.... until they close it themselves...it goes random into other things. Anyway, things are at an kind of stop still web wise right now.Diet is an disaster as of this morning...diet equiptment is not testing correctly either.Who knows what's reallky going these days any more?....control yes...but otherwise...???? Makes me wonder whereall the people went also use to post here...maybe they were worked over also? 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:24 on 22nd June 2015

Were okay James thank you, busy at the moment due to GP, Hospital appointments and spending time with grand children.

Shirley: There is no threat from POE re security and as you suggest it is probably a sales tactic to get you to 'upgrade' to which I say ignore it!

That said, might I suggest you look at Microsoft Security Essentials for your anti-virus. Use the following link to download it and dump the one that's causing you problems. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5201