Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Taylor Park in St.Helens, Merseyside

St Helens

in the county of Merseyside

Harbour Arm, Newhaven, East Sussex

Newhaven

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:45 on 1st August 2015

Great post again Shirley, better than reading the first edition of the newspapers! lol

Hi to all POEsters...

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:19 on 1st August 2015
Good Morning to all --have a nice day--keep em coming ShirleySmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:38 on 2nd August 2015

Ron, you know how I get in here...after three times to login....I have to go to the first page of the thread...all the way down....and then jump to the latest page....otherwise, I would not ever get in here. I assume this puts who ever wants me to not post...goes to the middle (void) section of the page numbers?...instead of me.

Hubby is back and unpacked, grandson delivered to his parents out on the river in our boat over on one of the islands. He said they put two troops together this timearound to share an huge group tent.  They had rain when they arrived and it gave way to just clouds...they were in an center of an weather alert most the week for high temperatures up near the edge of the mountains. He said they ate well in the dinning hall while there andas far as he knows my grandson completely allhis merits he needs to move on in Scoutting. So he's got one more grade to achieve... "life".... and on to "Eagle" which he has to complete before he's 18 years old. When he gets into Eagle...he'll be doing the 50 mile hike, and the service community project for someone also. He will pick out an project, and organize it and do it as the leader with others o fhis troop. My son, built and water pool fountain and flowers at an nursing home up in Oregon City for hsi project...David had us clear and lay an 1/4 miles section at an Kawanas Camp for the handicapped so it was wheelchair assesible along an small creek, we have built numerous park benches locally, laid foundations around out housesbefore they opened them up brand new, paintes some pretty huge churches in our day...painted the Forrest service Cabins up at Timothy Lake...all kinds o f various things.  We  built an boat ramp while at Cultis Lake and left it there after being an week camping at it....I can' ttell you how happy the forrest service was, cause they had none on the far side of the camp back then....and didnt have the man power and funds to do it themselves. It's an heavily used power boating area. They also netted with rope and made an safe barrier for the little kids to go wading safely also that year.The middle of the Lake is 200 feet deep. Anyway...he's back home now and resting. What I plan to do also...the kids are all back home, their refrigerator stocked with snacks for all next week for them.....I dropped her off my last two 98 cents an pound Pork riblets to thaw and make into something also for dinner. I would be surprised to ever find them again that low an price.  As to my diet..I've gained 4.5 pounds. I'll have to see if I can work at that when the temperatures drop reasonally I can walk again.

I was quite surprised of the young mothers leaving sleeping infants in thier cars this week across the nation...about 5 of them...they arrested them for child neglect, and handed them over to their fathers....and many of them were crying. Explaining to them an unair-conditioned car can raise up to 140 degrees inside it in 15 mins. I am assuming they were napping and they didn't want to wake them up to put them in an cart for going into the store. One child needed ressitated from the heat...having passed out.  Perhaps the fathers can babysit now?

Talk later...clouds coming in from down south...it helps!  Only suppose to be 95 and it's the last of the 90's for an week. Feet slightly swelled up also.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 12:57 on 2nd August 2015
Good Afternoon --have a nice daySmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:52 on 2nd August 2015

Hi to all POEsters...

Don't understand what you mean Shirley; but no worries so long as you arrive here to allow us the story of your life.

Leaving any kids in a car alone at anytime should be a criminal offence in my opinion, such a tradegy.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:41 on 3rd August 2015

I just noticed the same thing in earthboppin...takes me hitting th epost button three times over there before my message showed up....and I have an secret password over there, just like I'm registered over here.

Ok damage report from the heat wave...100 degrees...103 degrees, 100, and 98.

They closed an downtown festival event..coast guard...and some of our trees were in such stress they turned autumn colors at least one to two months ahead of time....mostly maple trees. No rain as they predicted with thunderstorms so far though, but we are feeling blessed being able to go outside.  Neighbor is upset...all shaded front yard, she puts flowers in pots curving around her walkway as she's got the beauty shop she runs with private clinetel....she's lost 75 per cent of those and her ground plants are wilted and leaves curled up...while I'm fighting trying to keep my 20 foot dogwood tree going, all it's leaves are edged in brown along the bottom of the tree...lost an rhodie, most all my garden, half the water in our pond out  back. Kind of the tale it's going around here..... rather you watered or not.  What dailas I had blooming stopped and wilted. So it will be awhile before they are blooming again. Tha'ts about it...

I took an water pill this morning to see if I could get my feet unswelled, so I've been dropping water an solids all day long, but it might take another one tonight before its cleared up. Went an got me some books to read...one is the RED Rose about Margaret Beaufort...the Queen of the day...took the knowles house away from Cardinal William Warham...our relative before later on King Henry VIII took his job away from him also...for Thomas Wolsley. Other then that an bunch of Christmas Craft books. Long day...so will go for now...legs bothering me. Its not good when I can't walk much....to get rid of the excess sugar.I was never the kind to just "sit" either in my life. Talk later on.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:46 on 3rd August 2015
Good Morning to all --not a bad day enjoy itSmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:50 on 4th August 2015

Morning/afternoon to all POEsters...

Don't just look in to read the posts, comment to let us know what you are doing/thinking.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:42 on 4th August 2015
Good Morning --have a nice day Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:13 on 5th August 2015

Hi to POEsters and those who just look in...

Have a great day, but why not consider putting your thoughts here in the forum, we look forward to it and we don't bite...well not hard anyway! lol