Home | Join | Login
Top Towns & Villages
The Lake District
England Picture Tours
PicturesOfEngland.com Terms and Conditions
By using the PicturesOfEngland.com website ("PicturesOfEngland.com", "the website" or "we") you (the "User" or the "Member" or "You") agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. This document is a legally binding agreement between you and PicturesOfEngland.com. If you do not agree with any of the following terms you should leave this site immediately and not use any of its content or services.
PicturesOfEngland.com reserves the right to revise or update the terms of this agreement at any time and without prior notice. You are therefore advised to review these terms regularly. Your continued use of PicturesOfEngland.com after changes are made to this document means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
All content on this site, including all images, graphics and text, are copyright of PicturesOfEngland.com or its contributors unless otherwise stated.
Use of any of this sites content for commercial or non-commercial purposes is strictly forbidden unless written permission is given.
PicturesOfEngland.com does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information or any other material available on this site and disclaims responsibility for your reliance on any of the information or material found on this site. You agree that you are solely responsible for verifying the accuracy of any information available on this site. You agree that PicturesOfEngland.com will not be liable for any expenses, damage or loss caused by your reliance on the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information or any other material found at this site.
You acknowledge that this site is provided on an "as is", and on an "as available" basis. PicturesOfEngland.com makes no warranty that the operation of this site or any of its services will be without error or that access to this site will be.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless PicturesOfEngland.com and anyone associated with PicturesOfEngland.com including its contributors, helpers, partners, associates, employees, agents, and volunteer administrators against any claims, liability, losses, damages, and expenses (including legal and accounting fees) related to your use of this site, your contribution of any materials such as text or images, and/or your breach of any of the terms of this agreement.
You agree that you are responsible for your use of this site including the use of your user account by others and your reliance on any of the information found at this site.
4. Outside Links
You agree that PicturesOfEngland.com will not be held responsible in any way for the content or accuracy of information you find at any of the sites that it links to.
5. Removal of content or services
PicturesOfEngland.com reserves the right to delete any or all of its content including any image, and to cancel or remove any service or any user account, at any time, without prior notice or explanation.
6. Governing law
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom whose courts shall have jurisdiction over all disputes relating to this agreement. Use of this site is not authorised in any jurisdiction that does not give full effect to all provisions of this Agreement. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the courts of the United Kingdom.
If any provision of this Agreement is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or void, the parties agree that the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall survive in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
PicturesOfEngland.com's failure to act with respect to a breach by You or others does not constitute a waiver of PicturesOfEngland.com's right to enforce its rights with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
When uploading or contributing an image ('photograph' 'photo' 'picture') to this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree, please DO NOT upload or contribute an image in any way.
1. You acknowledge that you own the copyright, and have full rights to copy, transmit and display the image in any media, on this website or any other.
2. You acknowledge that the image does not infringe on any copyright, property right, trademark or any other applicable right.
3. By uploading an image to this website, either by uploading the image or sending it to us by email or by any other means, (i) you grant PicturesOfEngland.com a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, reproduce, print, display, distribute, post, transmit and publish the image and any text included in the image, on this site or any other site run by or owned by PicturesOfEngland.com; and (ii) you certify that any identifiable person appearing in the image authorises PicturesOfEngland.com to use, copy, modify, reproduce, print, display, distribute, post, transmit and publish the image; and (iii) you agree to indemnify PicturesOfEngland.com and its directors, associates, employees, affiliates and volunteer administrators and hold them harmless from any claims, losses and expenses, including all legal fees arising from the image and/or your failure to comply with any of these terms.
4. By uploading an image, you agree that the image can be used by any of our site users or visitors for educational use, research use, and charity use.
5. You agree to let PicturesOfEngland.com use all or any of your contributed images in any future product it decides to sell to help support the site, such as in, but not limited to, a CD-ROM, DVD, or Calendar.
6. You give PicturesOfEngland.com permission to use the image for any promotional purposes whatsoever, such as using the image in its data feeds to other websites.
7. You agree that PicturesOfEngland.com may at some stage watermark the larger versions of your image on the site with the words 'PicturesOfEngland.com' or something similar, to deter piracy. You will still remain the copyright holder.
8. You agree that although PicturesOfEngland.com will endeavour to credit you as the author/copyright holder of any image you upload/contribute, there will be some instances where this will not be possible or not be appropriate, such as where we show small thumbnail size versions of the image, or where we use the image for promotional purposes.
9. You agree that PicturesOfEngland.com cannot be held responsible for the misuse or abuse of any image you upload to this site.
PicturesOfEngland.com provides the means for its members to sell their images through the website and earn commission.
By submitting any digital image files through this Website, You warrant and represent that You own or otherwise control the legal rights necessary to sell these digital images. Any violations of this rule may result in immediate termination of Your account. By submitting any digital image files to the Website You are granting PicturesOfEngland.com the right to sell Your image files on Your behalf and granting the buyer of image files the rights to use them according to the terms defined in the Royalty-Free Extended Commercial Use Licence Agreement that is available at http://www.picturesofengland.com/agreements/ExtendedLicence and/or according to the terms defined in the Royalty-Free Standard Commercial Use Licence that is available at http://www.picturesofengland.com/agreements/StandardLicence.
The commission rate is set by PicturesOfEngland.com who reserve the right to change the commission rate at any time without prior notice, though we will try our best to keep all members informed of any such changes should they occur.
If you do not agree with any of the above terms and conditions, please do not upload an image. If you have any questions about these terms, please email us.
PicturesOfEngland.com Author's Agreement
You grant to PicturesOfEngland.com the following rights to the article:
Finally, we may delete the article at any time, without any notice.
You Represent and Warrant To PicturesOfEngland.com that:
PicturesOfEngland.com is under no obligation to publish your submitted article or content.
Please note that PicturesOfEngland.com reserves the right to cancel its use of your google adsense within your article pages at any time if it becomes detrimental to the site in any way, or not enough people are using the Google Adsense system. If we do cancel the use of authors Google Adsense, we will notify each author of the changes and may revert back to a pay-per-article system.
information that you give PicturesOfEngland.com when you use this website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to visitor/customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you do not agree with any of the above terms and conditions, please do not upload an image or use the website. If you have any questions about these terms, please email us.
Random England fact:
Chesham used to be known for its 4 B's--boots,beer,brushes, and Baptists. Woodenware was a notable industry in the past too.
Please like us on Facebook to get all the latest pictures each day - Thank you!
© 2001-2017 Pictures of England.com - All rights reserved
PestControl-Supermarket.com - Worldwide Pest Control Supermarket Price Comparisons including England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.