Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Red Lion Coltishall.

Coltishall

in the county of Norfolk

View towards Ironbridge along the Severn

Ironbridge

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:49 on 15th July 2015

Makes sense to at least think about these things Shirley and good luck with your 'new' diet. lol

Hi to all POEster, hope all are well...

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 15:13 on 15th July 2015
Good Afternoon--just got back from a nice trip out to Southport --dinner out so no cooking to-night--aint she luckyWink
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 17:59 on 15th July 2015

Welcome back James...

Ron, we went over to "Rockaway" on the Oregon coast...near Garabadli....for an Scout outting, some guy's house.  My dad always liked it , it's on an flat beach...No walking down an cliiff to get to it...not me, I've watched most the area in general through the years "shift" and take out things in the area, float cars in the middle of the night at an RV Park.. and what not. So we get to this guy's house and he tells us that we can stay in his backyard...when they announce an pineapple express is incoming from Hawaii..or an "tropical" storn short of an hurricane. When the kids's tents started rolling like tumbleweeds in his back yard her took his car out of the garage and put their cooking things in it an backpacks and an put the kid's inside his house on the floor for over night. Wwll, there wasn' t enough room for the kids hardly, let alone the adults...so we opted to stay outside over night.I was very afraid of the ocean washing over us that night. But we stayed behind an large large bush, we tied our  tent to it...and then put an canopy over our tentwhich was wrapped in tarps and tied down also. They used their cars to act as barriers against the ocean side. We used ours along side the bush, and Kevin stayed in the canopy of his truck not far from the front of our tent. In came the storm. WE couldn't see an thing. We were on an thick double air mattress..so we'd probably float if water did come over the bank and Kevin's truck would stop us...if we broke loose of being tied down. WE made it through the night, I have pictures of it around here somewhere...we climbed out of an little hole in the front of the tent...and canopy had twisted downward like an tin can...and the back half of the tent was exposed...but covered in those heavy tarps they had put on top of it. If any water came over the bank it coulnd' t o fbeen much, though there were pleny of huge rain puddles to be seen. Kids were all "OK" and Kevin got up early and by the time we crawled out had some hot coffee and breakfast in the garage wiht the rest of them. This is one reason why I tell my kids going to the beach...don't stay on it...stay up high and not on the edge of an cliff...that could wash down into the ocean. I'd like to go over there here pretty soon again and play an round of inside "Glow in the night" mini-golf though at Lincoln city...just for the day. China's latest hurricane shows pictures of 3 story tall ocean waves hitting into their warf if you've been watching the news as of late...and thier buildings sitting along it's side.

Couds right now, but will be back in the low 90's for this weekend. My diet isn'tgoing so well right now...I can't seem to stop the eating, and my church guy  and gal came back Monday with magazines about how to combat anxiety in general....they seem to know what it is I need..smiles* Vacationing with hubby for an week kind of went so-so. We have been cleaning up his room, no easy task.  He has about 1/4 o fhis room stacked with camping equiptment and just papers in general...so I'm off tofind him another file cabinet or storage of some kind......Talk to you all later on.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 11:11 on 16th July 2015

Can't really imagine what it must have been like to experience Natures venom Shirley. Not sure I would want to have been there.

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are, whatever you are doing.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:02 on 16th July 2015
Good Afternoon hope all are well--had no internet all morning --workmen down the road again??--thats their excuse--have a nice day.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:44 on 17th July 2015
Problems all over..here also....so won' ttalk for long. Talk later on sometime, I can't hold my webs sites tonight..let alone to get them posted.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:50 on 17th July 2015
Good Evening --all had a good day??Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:12 on 17th July 2015

Hum, I was doing just fine until debbie asked about MAbus in earthboppin.net and

my computer started going wild again...I lost the posting....it was being speculated that it meant "Ma"...and "Bush" though.  I was telling her that might be true..that is 

"Ma" stands for uniting the "Whore of Babylon" with the "Bush" family in some way.

The spacing on this is going wacko on it's own. So I'm going to leave and my son

said to me last night...get off the computer...they don' t want you talking about it

or enlighting anyone about it apparently. Last night they were talking about the 

"Bohemian Grove" and their prostitutes on the radio and how they have likewise

taken over politics for an very long time now.  AS he said, we all know about these things but are not allowed ot really discuss it. Sex Slaves?

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 08:42 on 19th July 2015

Good evening...it's been 97 degrees today here in Portland, the Blue Angels air show in Hillsboro..drew 100,000 people with the heat and very little shade at 25 dollars an person. Tons of garage and yard sales today also. We took our boat out for thr first time today and cleaned it out to be used for an event next week. Tonight it cools down to only 67 degrees...both air conditioners are running.  Another day like this tomarrow, maybe an few degrees cooler before it cools down next week, The rivers are running so hot now the fish are dying in them...fishing is completely stopped now to try to save those we have still alive. Another "first" I can ever remember in my 67 years of age. Been inside reading my book today, where its' cooler, but my feet are still slightly swelled up some.So no walking herelately..and little to do on the dieting as well also...maybe next week. I have to go back to see him Aug 11th to see the results of my bone density test....if we are kin to King John,..and his brother Richard the Lionhearted, do you think my spine will show up with an anormality also...I guess if it did I would know without an doubt the Larkins were Lackey family and kin to King John/Richard. Been so many years ago now, anything could happen, but hope everythingis "OK" so far healthwise. It would definately make hubby and I first cousins back then you know.Truth woud be nice to know in ways...cause I'm writing up they are kin to King Authur's "perceival" knight, which became the "Percy" family....through his son "lonhgerin" fo rth ename of Larkin in England...actually he was born in Switzerland...off an line of Jesus relatives, was known in Belgium, France, England, Ireland and possibly Scotland before they came over here....from Roman times and Jersusalem. They really traveled and then some. You have any idea how much documentation is on all of this...I've stopped at 900 pages. Will talk to you later on, still having problems posting in some web sites. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:47 on 19th July 2015
Hi to all POEsters, albeit a bit late tonight.