Instow

in the county of Devon

Lancing College Chapel

Lancing

in the county of West Sussex

Wasdale Head

Wasdale Head

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good day (30)!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 18:41 on 20th October 2011

So James, did you have your little stroll??

Hi everyone!  I am checking in with you all before the computers have to be dismanted for moving tomorrow!

Hope everyone is well and had a wonderful day Smile 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:54 on 20th October 2011
yes i went round to a friends about 10mins away i did intend going further but it started raining---maybe to-morrowSmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 18:58 on 20th October 2011

Evening/Morning to all POEsters...

Hope all is well?

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 01:17 on 21st October 2011

Yes..it's been an moderately nice day...I didn't do the stroll but went for an country drive..it's raining now. Sent hubby for some roll up blinds for the downstairs windows..got get them up before Holloween as everyone can look right through my windows...no privacy at all.

Mayor just annonced he was going to make our protestors adhere to some of the laws, but he would not forceably disband them. He understands they are part of an "Movement" going on right now. As'long as they don't get rowdy or damage property he won't bother them. One thing he wants is the abilty for the people to walk with no problems on the city sidewalks...he asks they keep their equiptment, signs and persons off  the sidewalks so pedestrians can use them. That sounds fair  minded to me. Some people are saying as temperatures drop and snowstorm ensue this winter..they will leave on thier own anyway...most protests are done in teh Spring.through summer,..not autumn and over winter.Maybe thier backers should consider renting top parking lot spaces of covered garages for them?..it would also put them off the street and out of harms way with all their tents. Some of the parents are met everyday by their kids after school you know. this is true midlel income people that are ticked off at Government as much as Corporation greed. Anyway..I go also.....where is everyone?....they all went to Facebook maybe or Tweet?

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:40 on 21st October 2011
good afternoon to all whose on--anyone out there??Frown
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 22:08 on 21st October 2011

Ron, if we have all these new members in POE for Ocotber...how come we never see any of them here in the forums. Are they routed to some other page or something? I just found some of the post cards I've received from Poe members in the the past, so that might help me an bit in sending cards out.

I waited for the mail man..as did one of my neighbors.... for 2 1/2 hours.....as I'm waiting for the next social security check to transfer funds to pay my house property taxes this year. He finally came, no check...so now rather the check comes tomarrow or Monday...it will be Monday before anything can be done. Lot of my neighbors deal with their business operations via the mail around here. Mostly Federal express(particularly the beauty shop next door in supplies)...but the Federal mail also. We always see to it one of us is home about delivery time daily.

I guess I can go on with other things now. For everyday I have planned.... someone puts me back three... wating for them these days. So goes, I guess.

........POE MEMBERS........WHERE ARE YOU? OUR FORUM HERE NEEDS YOUR INPPUT  AND CONVERSATION... GENERAL OVERALL FREINDSHIP!  Let us get to know you, please!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:25 on 21st October 2011

Shirley says>>>Ron, if we have all these new members in POE for October...how come we never see any of them here in the forums. Are they routed to some other page or something?

I guess they simply haven't worked out how to join in here in the Forum yet Shirley but rest assured they are not directed, or encouraged to go anywhere by POE except the donate buttons, and to our dismay very few manage to find the donate buttons despite them being obvious throughout the site!

So c'mon new members, where are you?

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:52 on 22nd October 2011

We have the need to stick together world wide in difficult times...and it appears our friends "south of the border" or the drug cartel is letting loose "alligators" in our area....not all little ones either...they found an 5 footer big enough to eat an adult in the Birdsdale Indiustrial Park pond...caught an 2 1/2 footer crossing an major hiking biking trail called Springwater Corridor...police rounded it up and there's one now in  Salmon Creek in Vancouver, Washington....last year at Christmas time, so goes the story...where Bill Gates lives up on Puget Sound (Seattle)...he had three divers off his property's dock area trying to catch either an shark or an alligator also...and its across from an huge Boy Scout Camp. They say if they can't catch them before the temperatures around here drop as they ususally do this time of the year...they will probably die anyway...but I wonder as big as is the 5 footer...if it's become accoustomed to the water. It's scary any more around here..my pomd has an leak in it right now...and isn't holding water...maybe an good thing? For the most part this area all of them have been located is in west Gresham to the "Rockwood" area. It is though an highly traveled area by pedestrians.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:02 on 22nd October 2011

good morning all,it isnt just poe that is quiet i speak to friends who are on different sites "not that i use them" and they say their sites are quiet as well

considering we have so many members i am also surprised we dont have any more posters but you cant force them to post if they dont want to if they are interested in other attractions to the site i am thinking more now of the uk members --lets hope it picks up soon Smile

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 14:33 on 22nd October 2011

Maybe it has to do with the global protesting and things changing so fast also. People don' thave time to do to much else with it an working. Lots of dirt coming into the light right now also...Obama gave some of his stimulus money (big bucks also) to help ease the unemployment situation here in the Pacific Northwest, to hire people to clear up the forrests throughout eastern Oregon and four lumber companies got the money and hired "foreign workers" as they called them, had to get special worker cards for them also...and pocketed most the money in an very unscruplous way. None of the money for Oregon was spent on people here for jobs. Our senator and another congressman here are pretty upset...OK...broiling mad.. and they are naming names and claiming discrinimation on behalf of the Oregon workers in the logging Industry over this.  They probably should be sued enough to get back Oregon's share of rightful stumlus money from the stimulus package given to help the unemployed here. this made front headline news in our local paper. These four companies never even put up advertising in our area for the job openings. 29 guys found out about it anyway and applied and not one of them was hired. What kind of gets to you is none of them were legal "Americans". I went to McDonalds last night, whose newest mamager that took it over is hispanic...hardly an person was there buying. At 6 pm it was like in the middle of the night for customers. People are getting tired of this kind of stuff going on. The alligators probably won't help the situation either. We'd like them to leave and go back where they came from...alligators also...until we can straighten out our own economic problems. We promise we won't even cut off their heads like they are doing to American tourist visting their resorts and spending Amierican dollars also. We can't help them have an better life....when they undermine ours. They simply are dragging us down into an sewer hole that they brought with them crossing the border illegally....we don't want this "one country" idea for the entire western hemisphere..they shouldn't either... if they have any national loyalty. Their country... is NOT our country..If they want our respect, they need to stop doing what they are doing to our economy...namely in the name of humanity...making us cater to them specifically...esp.because they will work for lwo wages..and what are they doing with the money...sending it back to Mexico...it's not being spent here. I understand also they are asking for gold in exchange for our dollar down there...after it arrives also...which further adds to our decline by de-valuating our paper money. My God what is going on is not fair  and upright....and something needs to be stopped...them. If they want to live here...they should do it the right way and become citzens...not "vistor's" taking over everything at their whim. Don't mean to sound so nasty, but they are asking for what is the truthand it needs aired. Lybia is not the only one having  to deal with an "dictatorship" going on in thier country...ours is just "silent" over here. I can't really say that in an way...plenty of people know this, including them...but the moneyed like thier cheap wages and for profit..they are willing to sell us down the drain. That is why the protests over here in part. The public knows the truth...this nation was built on it's good people, joining in an common cause...not it's  illegal Mexcians....crooked politicians...the drug cartel...nor pocket hungry leaders and business owners....the slum of the world.