Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hatfield House in the county of Hertfordshire

Hatfield

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good day (30)!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 21:13 on 28th October 2011
Haven't been for a few years but have to agree with the man, it's a great place to be
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 21:14 on 28th October 2011
 No matter how you get there , just have a good time and enjoy yourselves !!
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:18 on 28th October 2011
no danger there
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 21:20 on 28th October 2011
Only if you have one too many scrumpy's and fall down a mine ! ! !
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:24 on 28th October 2011
i dont think theres any chance of that dave,i am more careful now.Smile just poured a grouse now  cheers.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 21:45 on 28th October 2011

A LITTLE TASTER FOR JAMES FOR NEXT WEEK

Just hope the weather is good

Who stole all the water?
Picture by Vince Hawthorn

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:57 on 28th October 2011

thanks vince----------pity you wont be thereLaughing

shirley the grouse club awaits youWink

Edited by: james prescott at:28th October 2011 22:42
Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
Posted at 02:34 on 29th October 2011

Have fun, James. Please tell us all about it when you return. And that is a lovely photo you put up, Vince. I wish I was going, too, but I did just about confirm my plans to return to Burford next fall. Should be purchasing tickets in January. I can't wait to be there again.

Dave, What's a scrumpy? Figure it's a drink of some sort, but never heard the term. 

We're forecast for 4 to 8 inches of snow tonight. Much too early for this. My trip to the mountains on Sunday may not happen if the forecasters are right. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:56 on 29th October 2011

Never fear, I'm here!.....I am curently watching one David Woodhouse buy an house for $1,100,000  in Wiltshire, England on International House Hunters TV Show...it's an biggie, drives quite an car also....house is new, the car loooks low and lean like an sports job. Why do I have in teh back of my mind....Crop circles...ufo crop circles. this house (looks big enough to be an warehouse) is situated just south of Stonehedge. Ah, the Grouse Club awaits on an Friday night and it's an rainy blustery one here right now. Whole eastside Portland to Mt. Hood is one big  massive band of heavy rain...nicely colored yellow on the weather map. Yes, I saw earlier that Brenda's  general area from Boston down to and through Washington D. C. is the next first snow season here in the states. It's on it way.Got your long coat and wooley mittens and boots? I dare say the type of night that begs for an crackling fire in the fireplace and indeed some grouse I guess. I'll take my hot tea though for the moment. Hubby's team won last night...so tonight is the final play-off...they are tied even right now. He's downstairs at his desk in front of the big TV set there...he likes to play cards on the computer as he watches these games and I think he's drinking coffee tonight. Asked me about the cinnamon rolls earlier...so I guess he wants me to make some of them maybe. They have to thaw and raise so I can bake them...will do that overnight in the  refridgerator and make them fresh for in the morning. I went grocery shopping, I had been hearing people say "buy peanut butter..it's taking an drastic hike here soon"...so today I went to buy some...and my gosh....they upped the major brands $2.27 an jar..I got some of the store brand they had on special cleaning it out to follow suit later on I guess. In fact I bought two jars of it. Canned veggies they are doing them also..an 50 cent an can hike...with the new stock coming in. Watch me got back and buy an coouple of cases while someof the half price stuff is still there...it's good for two years as it is anyway. The peanut butter...an Tablespoon of it in chicken flavored Top Ramen Noodles with some frozzen oriental veggies and an bit of teryaki sauce tastes good no and then. So does peanut butter whipped icing on an white cake or on brownies. Huuby likes it on toast with Jelly going out the door to work with coffee in the mornings also..after his oatmeal. So much for this trip to the store...it had an lot of staple items in it and was expensive for what little I brought home. Made dinner and fell to sleep an bit thereafter wards. Trees a swaying outside. Street wet. Naw, hope it calms down though somewhat. Proably call my son and see if he's in his motel room for the night and then his wifey and see if she's doing ok with the kids. Check over the posts and see whose going where...I see an picture posted up above. Talk later on...have an good weekend everyone...whatever your doing.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 12:57 on 29th October 2011
good day to you all --just finished my little jobs now i have a free day.Smile