Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Humberston

Humberston

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of Rotherham

Rotherham

in the county of South Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good day (30)!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 19:42 on 15th October 2011

Hello, everybody.  Hope you're having a lovely Saturday.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:45 on 15th October 2011
hello ruth how are you flowerSmilenice to see you on.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 19:50 on 15th October 2011

You're so sweet, James.  Thanks!!  Lovely to see you too.  I'm fine, enjoying the weekend so far.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:51 on 15th October 2011
whats happened to the arizona pic??
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 19:53 on 15th October 2011

Are you talking about my avatar?

(I do need to change it, especially since Ron's never sent me my green card). 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 06:41 on 16th October 2011

Your "Green Card"...where's he get it from, Ireland...lol.  Ayt least he's close enough. I thought this "gout" would go away...I was really thinking so..land when I went to bed last night and lo and behold, it was like an new "attack" in the wee hours of this morning.It' s hurt me all today also...I had to go grocery shopping also, did so this late afternoon and it's still on "fire" tonight...even with all the medications.

I don't know if they are still "microwave pulsing" our area or not...rearranging the weather for the downtown protestors whom haven't bunged an inch...well, they did get out of the street...moved themselves to the side. Having confrontations now with the police all over the place. People holding on though. Why doesn't someone say it like ti is...you took everything from us...so you could have it...now your going to have to be generous enough to help us...because we can no longer help ourselves...there's not enough resources for us to do so. You have tipped the scale unwisely. That's the truth. Help us now to regain an our place in life and you'll keep ign going on, even if you have to lose an bit at first...don't do it and you'll take us all down the tube. You wanted to "call the shots" well, you did... and it's not working. It hasn't been working for years...just it gave you enough chance to stop anyone from competeing that might of created new jobs. So you took them over also. There are no more people to take over for every dime and dollar to be made....at their expense.  So goes.

So I go also..long day. I guess I go an set tonight with some ice (bag of frozen peaches) on my foot and see if that helps any. Talk later.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 11:56 on 16th October 2011
On 15th October 2011 19:53, Ruth Gregory wrote:

Are you talking about my avatar?

(I do need to change it, especially since Ron's never sent me my green card). 

Slipped my mind Ruth!

But hey, not sure you would want it now with all the problems we have.

Consider also that we are destined to eat 'bogey burgers' (well some of us) and it happened just yards away from where you and David took Anna and I to dinner. Gosh must be getting on for two years ago now!

Thinks.....now if I could find a Green Postcard perhaps she wouldn't know the difference...

Hi to all POEsters, have a great day. We are going to celebrate Olivers (C&S youngest) birthday today.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:16th October 2011 11:58
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:25 on 16th October 2011

well, 951 cities and 82 countries were protesting Oct. 15th..to see some of the photos of all this go to oregiblive/today and in the thread about protests going global. Many people worldwide have taken up taping thier money bills across thier mouth as an way of saying money makes you shut up and not tell the truth..or money is all that counts these days. The protests in Rome went violent...the protest in Times Square..New York got into ti over police bariers put up to thwart their protesting..two police were injured, 42 people arrested. With that going on.... we must be close to biblical world anninlation...man shall turn against hsi brother in the "end times".

In the meantime as we learn we get half of what little we get now to live on come January..the front page talks of them raising house taxes again and the millions od dollars they spend to sell us the idea of how they need it so badly....which we all know they will waste or flounder making Government an more "Plush" working enviorement.I simply do not know how I'm suppose to pull more money out of the pocket..I'm given only so much now. I have no "investments" to liquidate either. You can bet your ever lovin I'm willin gto fight to stay in an house I paid for...we already know they can't live on thier budgets. Why should they waste mine. Fancy trips..fancy cars..fancy parties..plush renovations of non-essential things. Consumption of citzen paid liquor and drugs...free health care while we go without...which makes me wonder why three of the protest pictures are coming from Canada....but anyway...top dollar pension plans to go with top dollar severance pay also. If they would start by cutting down those items first and an fire station on every corner...and school on every corner...price hikes at an mere whim...they might help stop the protestors. Has "American" lost it's power in the world as some say...not with 82 other countries joining it for the same cause..for humanity and life liviabilty. Pay heed..this is not over until something is done...and if the police get to violent..I think the people will do so also.

"The London demonstartion swelled to several thousand people by early evening..three were arrested....In Paris..marchers shook thier fists and shouted.."Stand up Paris! Rise up Paris!.."Sharing will save the World!"....In Spain, 300,000 people took to the protest..which started last May...three other cities in Spain joined them....Portugese protestors pushed back again police lines, bu tofficers kep tthem from storming parlament.....In Frankfurt, Germany..3,000 people protested at  the European Central Bank....heavy smoke billowed in Rome, as an small group of protestors clashing with police broke away to do damage...after being tear gasses and hit with water cannons. They started also hurling back any objects they could find at police....70 people were injured.

So "Leaders" of the world...what's your solution? I doubt being meaner/ more restrictive to these people is going to help, ignoring them like they aren't there... is what got them there now. Say an prayer...it only suffices if there's results. Humanitarian results...roll back your prices and bit an stop giving savings centives to an select few... and be "smart" for an change...if only slightly. Start donating half your yearly bonus back to your empoyees.  Government needs to to be reamed out of it's cover ups and "lies" also. Then...the world might see an turn for the better. There are now 7 Billion people on planet earth....only 1 per cent owns the wealth.  It's amazing something wasn't done before now on this situation. Get that figureto 10/60/30...reasonably an things might be saved...10 wealthy, 60 per cent middle class and 30 per cent low income. then help the low income and middle class be self-sustaining without money as much as possible..so the lower class doesnt' go without essentials and the middle class has extra money to help them..so th ehigher class canspend thier's "creating" jobs. I go for now...have an good day.

TedPremier Member - Click for more info
Ted
Posted at 22:48 on 16th October 2011
Good evening all. Just a quick peek before I'll go to bed
Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 00:44 on 17th October 2011
Hello Ted! Your avatar is ADORABLE!