Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sheffield-Peace Gardens

Sheffield

in the county of South Yorkshire

The lake at Cantonteign

Exeter

a Historic City in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day (25)

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 10:30 on 5th March 2011
good morning to all-----nice to see you back sally and here's wishing your husband a speedy recoverySmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
Posted at 15:49 on 5th March 2011
G'day all. :-)
Shaun Wilson
Shaun Wilson
Posted at 16:03 on 5th March 2011
Hello everyone have a great weekend Laughing
jc
jc
Posted at 16:11 on 5th March 2011

Good Day, Everyone have a good personal day!

Juju

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:38 on 5th March 2011

No Ron, it was found out that the picture was an an lamp post toward the sunrise with " Nubiru" off to the side of it...and supposedly showing two little moons......it turned out to be own own moon and the planets of venus and mercury....in front of an lamp post posing as our sun that was being blotted out.  Naturally you know everyone upon receiving this kind of message would check things out. It allowed those that believe in this planet some extra talking time and attention though over the internet. Someone else said to be aware of those that use "marbles" to represent this planet in video's of it also

I wanted to say about this Christchurch earthquake that with the projection of 20 Billion dollars to repair the damage that those that lost all they owned and had..many of them are simply evacuating the city to an town further north and up higher. I am reading reports that it should of never been built where it was to begin with..as it's on top of sand. Much like San Francisco waterfront area..and the reason for the water coming up in fountains like it did. There are some hints that this may be some kind of underground volcanics at play also in reguard to its being on several faults. Not sure about that one either..as it apears to be in an drainage area for water higher up coming down and in an possible aquifier situation under the city. They are still studying the area over there. Last death toll report was 240 people died..or the one I've heard so far. They are within 100 miles of an supposedly dormant volcano though...several of them...they are watching them carefully right now. I would guess that in some areas they probably lost their abilty to repair the area due to the numeroous cracks in the ground everywhere. I too have an "modern" cement slab for an foundation and imagine my seeing in one of the Mexcio quakes last year or so the ground opening up inside of houses spewing water from them..one of the reason those people lost thier homes down there. Thanks to the web sites and the pictures people send in we are able better to see things to avoid in house buying and building...and in earthquake protection. You know after Hurricane Katerina, many of our Insurance polcy makers simply stopped selling earthquake insurance to anyone. They don't here in Oregon...so we have no one to ask for help from if we had an damaging quake. I feel that is because they know many of the houses built today are far from safe in many earth related conditions. They never kept the prices down for the less quality they put into house building. It leaves no other choice but to "move on".

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:51 on 5th March 2011

Putting that aside..have an good weekend every one and here's an little ahead of time Iish joke I read recently....

Three men, who happen to be Irish, making their way home from an pub, passed by an cemetary and decided to look at the gravestones.

Seamus,.."Look here. Here's an man , name of McGrady (bless him)who lived to be 87."

Sean..."That's nothing. Here lies O'Toole, who made it to 95."

Paddy..."Saints be praised. Here's one who was 145."

Seamus and Sean...."Can't beleive it. What's the name?"

Paddy..."Miles from Dublin."

.......Everyone have an good weekend....! Smiles*

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:11 on 5th March 2011
good evening ruth nice to see you.Smilehows arizona.??
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 20:58 on 5th March 2011

Hi James:  Hope I haven't missed you.  It's lovely here today.  I made one posting then went outside to eat lunch and tend to the Eurasian collared dove I'm trying to nurse back to health thanks to my boy Russ (cat).  You really need to leave your own picture up on your avatar.  It's lovely!

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:13 on 5th March 2011
there are plenty collared dove's round my back garden in fact too many at least twice a week i find feathers and blood on my back lawn where the sparrow-hawk has had breakfast.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 21:14 on 5th March 2011
On 5th March 2011 19:51, sk lawson wrote:

Putting that aside..have an good weekend every one and here's an little ahead of time Iish joke I read recently....

Three men, who happen to be Irish, making their way home from an pub, passed by an cemetary and decided to look at the gravestones.

Seamus,.."Look here. Here's an man , name of McGrady (bless him)who lived to be 87."

Sean..."That's nothing. Here lies O'Toole, who made it to 95."

Paddy..."Saints be praised. Here's one who was 145."

Seamus and Sean...."Can't beleive it. What's the name?"

Paddy..."Miles from Dublin."

.......Everyone have an good weekend....! Smiles*

Great one, Shirley!  Smile