Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bliss

Blakeney

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

Alum Bay

Freshwater

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Altering your photos

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

L
L
quotePosted at 06:59 on 22nd August 2008
No I don't alter any of my pictures, I just choose the best ones and upload them, to remove double chins Roses just use the 'clone' brush in the programme and do it that way lol
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 07:54 on 22nd August 2008

Awww geez thanks sweetheart, tell me now.........

How many chins have you removed ??? LOL!LaughingWinkTongue out

L
L
quotePosted at 07:56 on 22nd August 2008
15 LOL Wink
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 08:01 on 22nd August 2008
Shirt. I'd better bring me wheel barrer............ Laughing
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 11:46 on 22nd August 2008
Roses, I have never used PSP9, I use Serif PhotoPlus X2. Its basicaly like Photoshop. I use the mesh warp tool plus the clone tool. The a little dodge and burn to even up the shaddows, or get rid of them. Mesh warp is great for slimming someone down or fattening them up for a laugh.
Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 13:11 on 22nd August 2008
On 22nd August 2008 00:06, Sue H wrote:
Thanks Peter, but I think I'd better work on editing myself and not my photos.  But I'll keep it in mind if I fail.
As long as you're at peace with who you are, nothing else matters, Sue.  Who you are and how you treat others is all that matters, we all seem preoccupied for some reason with appearance.  If people were judged like that, I'd have no friends.  Someday Imay post a pic of myself, when I get round to working on my profile and assuming I can find a pic thats not too scary for all you nice, beautiful people.
Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 13:18 on 22nd August 2008

I volunteer with a local community newspaper, so most of my pics are 'business, not pleasure', and I take over 2,000 pics a year, covering local events, which is why the pics I've posted to fate have been village carnivals, town and Miners gala.

I crop pics regulalrly, but apart from adjustmets to levels, highlight/shadow and brightness/contrast do very little else.  I use Photoshop CS2 on my antique computer.I would never complain of anyone altering their pics, after all if they took it they have the right to do with it as they please.  Personally I prefer to present things as they are, which can sometimes be difficult.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 16:16 on 22nd August 2008
On 22nd August 2008 13:11, Alan Marron wrote:
On 22nd August 2008 00:06, Sue H wrote:
Thanks Peter, but I think I'd better work on editing myself and not my photos.  But I'll keep it in mind if I fail.
As long as you're at peace with who you are, nothing else matters, Sue.  Who you are and how you treat others is all that matters, we all seem preoccupied for some reason with appearance.  If people were judged like that, I'd have no friends.  Someday Imay post a pic of myself, when I get round to working on my profile and assuming I can find a pic thatthat's too scary for all you nice, beautiful people.

You are right Alan. My problem is I gained allot of weight over a short period of time, and now I don't fit into my clothes. I can't afford to buy more, so I really need to get serious.

Looking forward to seeing your avatar soon.

Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 17:05 on 22nd August 2008
On 21st August 2008 23:00, Mick Bean wrote:

Do you alter or adjust your photos in any way before posting them on POE.

If you do is it cheating?

Hi Mick,

No, I don't reckon that is cheating. Photographers from the past have used tricks like 'dodging in' 'burning out' over and under developing etc, to produce the images that they want. If you are good enough to photograph a subject that does not require 'touching up' well so much the better.

Here is a thought. If Constable was painting the 'Haywain' and decided to leave out an unsightly pile of horse droppings from his picture, would he be considered to have 'cheated'?  

Mick Bean
Mick Bean
quotePosted at 17:42 on 22nd August 2008
On 22nd August 2008 17:05, Ray Stear wrote:
On 21st August 2008 23:00, Mick Bean wrote:

Do you alter or adjust your photos in any way before posting them on POE.

If you do is it cheating?

Hi Mick,

No, I don't reckon that is cheating. Photographers from the past have used tricks like 'dodging in' 'burning out' over and under developing etc, to

If you look very carefully you will see the horse droppings by the edge of the water, Constable used his artistic licence to disguise it as a dog.

produce the images that they want. If you are good enough to photograph a subject that does not require 'touching up' well so much the better.

Here is a thought. If Constable was painting the 'Haywain' and decided to leave out an unsightly pile of horse droppings from his picture, would he be considered to have 'cheated'?