Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Purple Dahlia at the Chelsea Physic Garden, London

Chelsea

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "59"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:30 on 15th December 2014
Yes Ruth--very interesting -the trouble is -when you take some pics to show there is always someone who asks to borrow them,and what happens--you dont see them again.Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 22:49 on 15th December 2014
Scan them and email them James, then you keep the original.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:58 on 16th December 2014

Ok. my list is to long if I were over there...it would take me months to go through all the places I've been reading about and the castles also..history in general....by the way....they have an Englishman in the web site "reddit.com"...pictures section... that today left pictures of black and white pictures matched with their colored photos... in rebuilding some of the buildings over there in England after the war era. He did an really good job of inserting the old with the new in line with the building design.  Canterbury would be one on the top of my list, but all over...including the Tintgel Castle area of King Authur and Stonehedge of course. Buckingham Place and where the "Percy's" lived...and the Lawson's and Cardinal William Warham...now being said Larkin surname in history. There's just all kinds of places to go and see. One reason I don' t add pictures, cause I'd probably never stop adding them once I got started. I see POE changed the original listings of "castles" in general from what was...for an more touristism help in the villages and places to stay...but it seems all my reading books, if it mentions an castle that's where I head for first more or less. A lot of work goes into POE...that I easily can see.

I went to check out the Heathman Hotel, after mentioning it today...they have revived the daily tea times to three of them. They are the only Hotel that I know of let's you decide which of three different kinds of bed mattresses you might like to lay on...and all sorts of added goodies to Portland in tourism also. This year is the 100 anniversary of the Pittcock Mansion also in West Portland. So said, won't post again until you change the Forum thread again probably. It's getting that time again. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:41 on 16th December 2014

Hi to all POEsters.

Well Christmas is nearly here and no doubt the cards and Seasonal Greetings will be flying back and forth, but might I make a suggestion...

POE gets some 80 million visitors per year and if each one donated just £1 the fund raising for POE would be done with! Not realistic I know, but just lets you see what could be done if we were of the same mind...

Donate today please, enjoy today and make http://www.PicturesOfEngland.com a forever site!

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:08 on 16th December 2014
Good Afternoon to all who are aroundSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:28 on 16th December 2014
Good afternoon everyone, been a bit busy today taking mum everywhere she needed to go. All done now Smile
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 15:28 on 16th December 2014

Good afternoon

All went well with Bern's Knee op yesterday, i think he is looking at coming home tomorrow afternoon.

I went up the town this  mprning and bumped into an old work mate of when we were sixteen, so were  saying how we had to work Christmas Eve and New years Eve &Day . started work at 8am until 6pm every day. but used to have a laugh , i used to cycle four miles each way ,

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 16:21 on 16th December 2014
Happy days then PatSmiledont be fussing over Bern too much.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:57 on 16th December 2014

Glad all went well with Berns op Pat Smile

I remember the years of working long shifts on Christmas Day and New Years Eve. I never complained once, but I'm just glad I don't have to do it now. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:07 on 16th December 2014

Good to hear that all went well with the knee surgery Pat but I don't envy him the next 2 months at all, I remember my own problems only too well.

Ice packs will be the order of the day, constantly that is, and sleeping at night virtually impossible as the heat in the knee continues to generate.

I certainly would not go through it again, unless dragged there.....ice packs, ice packs and more ice packs!

Good luck Bern hope you get a better deal than I did.