Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "59"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 17:19 on 14th December 2014
 Pat, please pass on Good luck and Best wishes to Bern tomorrow, hope all goes well.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 17:20 on 14th December 2014
All the best from us too Pat, it had slipped my mind that the op had been brought forward a week from the 22nd.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:05 on 14th December 2014
Good Evening to all Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:25 on 14th December 2014
Evening James, all OK over your way ? Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:55 on 14th December 2014
Yes --all nice and peaceful--not been out to-day had an eas one.Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:07 on 14th December 2014
Been the same here, door is still locked from last night when we came in, mind you its not been fit to go out, wet and cold Frown

Edited by: rustyruth at:14th December 2014 20:08
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:16 on 14th December 2014
Thats a sign of getting oldFrown
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:20 on 14th December 2014

I'm not sure James, our neighbours have been in all day too and they're in their 20's, they didn't go out last night either. I think it is just the dismal weather, it's not even fit to go for a walk up around the reservoirs Frown

Or it could be an age thing Smile 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:59 on 14th December 2014

We just got back...nice weekend. I pleasantly enjoyed everything there. We were in the fog though..but got back here to be in the wind and now I'm feeling chilled and cold to the bone.Kid's did an two event in one day thing also. They were worn out by last night. I must get ahold of JohnL as we watched the student was the " Oregon Duck" player win the Hiesman trophy for outstanding player nation wide in our room yesterday also....John is such an "ducks" fan and half. Mike Riley...the Oregon state coach.... packed up last week to head for Nebraska. I didn't use my camera last night...we ended up going to look at the lights and had dinner afterwards...it didn't leave us much time for light looking, nor taking pictures.. but what we did see was really super nice. Crowds were out and "miles" long on the highway to get into there last night. My son commented an 45 min. wait to get from town and to the resort...and it's just an few miles outside of the downtown core area of Silverton. I enjoyed getting my walking in and found an tree that for winter time..sends out little purple colored beads on it's bare branches. Really impressive looking landscape bush for winter time. Enjoyed the lounge area also, more like an huge livingroom with an stage in one corner for live musice every night. Huge huge fireplace they had going there also..amid regular love seat sofa's, over stuffed chairs and tables in general. Hubby watched another sports game from there, with an beer and garlic fries...while I was reading trivia cards. Very comfortable sitting. Every room has an gas fireplace and an good sized outside balcony off the room also..more house like then motel like setting. Whole thing looks like it's condo's more so...then an resort. I go for now as I'm waiting for the kids to show up this afternoon. Talk later on...hope you all had an pleasant weekend also. Lorraine was nice enough to send me an Christmas card so I have her updated address to send one back to her...I know where she lives, but not her formal address. Lives close enough we tend to just go see each other then send letters/cards.Later everyone....new week starts now.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:03 on 15th December 2014

Yes, Pat...all the best to Bern... do keep in touch with us all....thank you John...I really needed this time away...next time I go back I might check out the message room and the fittness room also.  I came in an unpacked and then took an bath and fell asleep on the sofa here...so when I woke up, the kid's were already here talking to hubby...but I noticed I woke up with the sniffles and an light sore throat also. Catching up on the net as to what was going on while I was gone. Ever since we got to about Oregon City onward, back here...been having left ear tones galore. I guess it's this current rain storm off the coast now incoming. Rainy week ahead, but not to bad from what the weatherman says...50/50 until next Friday..then it's 70 per cent. Anything is better then the wind blowing to hard..and chilly weather. How's everyone doing on Christmas this year?