Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Market street on carnival day, Marple

Marple

in the county of Greater Manchester

Kensington Gardens - Kensington Palace and rectangular pond

Kensington

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "59"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:40 on 7th December 2014

Good morning...well...time to get ready for the Christmas outting coming up..I delivered to my local neighbors their Christmas cards and goodies yesterday while the scouts picked up 469 pounds of canned food and turned it in at St. Henry's..I think they may be taking care of "snowcap" these  days maybe.  .I need some help to... as to where to go to find out the names of the British soliders that were sent to Fort Loudoun in the early 1700's..as an Brtiish Fort during the French and Indian War. Making it harder is the officer they sent over here was instrumental in updating the military in general back then..so I'm looking for an name that may of not developed until afterwards by rank.It is the name of the family who use to own the land here where our housing development was built. Their name is "Cornett" but the British used it an an military rank..now called an Ensign here...and only the Queen has it over there these days in her guards. The next generation Cornett...was an Major-General by rank in England. Later generations might have "Prince Harry" right now...not sure on that one either. How is Kate feeling these days...I hope she has an decent time for this Christmas with the family issues she's dealing with this year (baby due and first Christmas for their son)..and I bet William is there helping her also.. her family also this year. I've got my major work load done now pretty much...most the food is bought for Christmas dinner also.  Still just nit picking and tweeking things need it. I'm about to see if I can get an electric cord on an string of lights painted the same color as my wall so it melts into it better. So I guess I better go for now.

Besides it's getting "lanch" time...I just asked my grandaughter if we could take her out to the new restruant opening up here soon in town. Kind of "cap off" what is already planned.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:48 on 7th December 2014
On 7th December 2014 19:31, Dave John wrote:
Hi guys, no problem whatsoever with what you are doing. I think we all agree the site is improvng in all ways. But as always we like to keep you advised of our thoughts and suggestions. Keep on going guys, everything is looking good

I'll second that, keep up the good work. Everything looks good on the laptop and iPad, but at the moment I can't access any of the left hand menus on my phone. I can't get to the forums at all. Just though I'd better mention it Smile
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
Posted at 20:35 on 7th December 2014
On 7th December 2014 19:48, rustyruth wrote:
On 7th December 2014 19:31, Dave John wrote:
Hi guys, no problem whatsoever with what you are doing. I think we all agree the site is improvng in all ways. But as always we like to keep you advised of our thoughts and suggestions. Keep on going guys, everything is looking good

I'll second that, keep up the good work. Everything looks good on the laptop and iPad, but at the moment I can't access any of the left hand menus on my phone. I can't get to the forums at all. Just though I'd better mention it Smile

Hi both, thanks for the feedback.

Ruth, you should be able to access the forums on your phone by using the  top horizontal navigation Latest > Threads. See pic below.

The left menu vanishes on purpose on mobiles, by using media queries, otherwise it takes up most the screen by itself and most mobile users then can't see the main central content area, without resizing etc.  We will eventually get better menus deployed for mobile phones but for now the top horizontal navigation should be working. let me know if it's not.

http://www.picturesofengland.com/images/examples/topnav.jpg

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:39 on 7th December 2014
Ah, got it, thanks very much it works fine Smile The penny should have dropped when I saw the arrow on the right of "Latest" Embarassed
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:57 on 8th December 2014
Good Morning to all who are around--not long to go now folks.Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 11:36 on 8th December 2014
Good morning everyone, very true James, and it will soon be all over too Smile
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 15:28 on 8th December 2014

Good afternoon  A very cold sunny day here,

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:04 on 8th December 2014
Good afternoon Pat. It's cold here too,  sun and then next minute snow showers. I think it's going to be much of the same all week but the wind is going to get much stronger.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:45 on 8th December 2014

Good morning....one of these days when I go in to get my computer looked over I'll ask Tony to put an Avatar in Poe for me I think. I'll wait until Chris and Sarah finish their working on the web site so much..it must be something else to keep this web site running with today's massive electronics.  Starting to pack up right now...going in to get new medications to take with me. Back on my diet...and I bought an pair of pants I thought I'd have to lose weight to get into..nope fit just perfect right now, which makes me feel better about this time of the year. Two more nieighbors put up Christmas lights yesterday. Washed all my bedding last night an crawled into an fresh bed and slept soundly last night...with the cat right near me also..she liked the fresh warm linens also... So off I go for now to get those meds...talk to you all later on.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:57 on 8th December 2014
Good Evening to all Smile