Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

October 09 Roche Abbey

Maltby

in the county of South Yorkshire

Eton College, Berkshire.

Eton

in the county of Berkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "59"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 22:53 on 5th December 2014
The weather can do what it likes after 3pm tomorrow. By then I should be well settled in my little  cottage
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:56 on 5th December 2014

How was today at work, you usually say it is a rotten day when you are gearing up for the off?

Must say I like the top bar on the site now with the drop downs for the latest pic/comments/threads etc.   Working well now. 

Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 23:00 on 5th December 2014

Rubbish morning but did improve afternoon and was away by 6.15 so quite happy with that

Quite like the new menus but would be better if they opened at the last posting as they used to. Also lime to go back to seeing all the latest posts rather tha having to revert to the main forum menu. But overall some good work being done by Chris and Sarah. Also as you mentioned a while ago Vince the EXIF info has gone completely now. We were getting minimal info but nothing now

Edited by: Dave John at:5th December 2014 23:02
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:16 on 6th December 2014

Good evening folks...little bit of snow...hope that is all it is. My ring deal fell through because of my nit picky ways I guess you know...an a kind of mispresentation of the facts. I had the cash in my hand to buy it though when I went into the Jewerlry shop this morning. In some ways I apparently didn't think I had to buy something before I could get the $100 off shopping certificate beforehand...the ring was $499...on sale would of been $379 with the gift certificate. They are already into an different sale, one 30 per cent off...so he said without the gift certificate it would be $436 today. I said "no"..it really wasn't "lieing" to me I guess as it was an misunderstanding between the both of us. He upped my star sapphire pendent to $579  to make it also. I declined on that one as well.  I don' t like the "white gold" they are pushing at upteen dollars these days...you can get imitations for as I did today...$19...in nice costume jewerly. The Star sapphire is an dime an dozen in the silver or white gold mounting also, which is why I wanted it in gold...but I'm not wanting an chain in hollow gold either....and he quoted today another $90 for servicing the item, and the insurace to replace it also. I went in expecting to get both items for what he wanted for the Star Sapphire alone today. I told him I'd think about it, as it's not until February until my 48th wedding anniversary...after that comes the yearly bridal sales. Yet I'm an bit unhappy coming home emtpy handed today, I went down to Kohl's to get the other rings...which will match my Christmas outfits in part this year. Rather I have them next year depends on if I lose more weight. I am not into wanting to buy expensive anything for everyday wear. I want "gold" over the white gold or sterling sliver also.I can get an ring anytime not in Gold...and I doubt years ahead it will commmand the prices of the true "Gold" jewery..so goes my day..I guess I get an laser printer for my hubby's computer downstairs for my Christmas gift...along with my clothes...though I put them on my credit card most the time, not his. Reguardless, I'll be paying off Christmas on my pension check. So I need one of my little "walks" with God...or jesus.. in nature right now. I've been cussing out the weather lately instead. Got my immediate next door neighbor some goodies with an card and the ones in the corner of the street...one of her Foster daughters is going to Texas, the other to Ohio she says.  Both are Oriental girls. I would think they'd try to stay closer to home because of expenses.... if this is for added education. It's an moving world out there these days. But anyway...things are on the move as they say...leave your options open these days is an good thought to have.  First decent day was today also weather wise. So I guess I go for now. Think things over an bit. Oregon Ducks is playing one for thier games for getting into the New Year's football games on TV right now..everyone's glued into watching it. Have an good evening.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:11 on 6th December 2014
On 5th December 2014 23:00, Dave John wrote:

Rubbish morning but did improve afternoon and was away by 6.15 so quite happy with that

Quite like the new menus but would be better if they opened at the last posting as they used to. Also lime to go back to seeing all the latest posts rather tha having to revert to the main forum menu. But overall some good work being done by Chris and Sarah. Also as you mentioned a while ago Vince the EXIF info has gone completely now. We were getting minimal info but nothing now

I do know they are still working furiously to make things better, easier and more productive Dave. I know that even the smallest change can take a lot of 'back end' work, so hang on in there guys n gals.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:38 on 6th December 2014
Good Morning to all---have a nice daySmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 13:26 on 6th December 2014
Good afternoon everyone, have a good day Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:55 on 6th December 2014
Hi Ruth you ok on the posh side of the country??Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:15 on 6th December 2014
All is well over here James, it's very cold though, how about you ? Smile
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 17:35 on 6th December 2014

Good evening. it has been a glorious day here after the frost this Morning,

Struggling to upload pics because of adverts in the way, also couldn't find Dartmoor national park , so uploaded under Somerset