Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Carisbrooke Village, Isle of Wight

Carisbrooke

in the county of Isle of Wight

Symonds Yat

Symonds Yat

in the county of Herefordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Cameron 'Signs The Tory Death Warrant'...

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 16:39 on 26th June 2012

If you are a politician or a top banker, nothing much happens if you screw it up, except perhaps losing your knighthood as in the case of Fred Goodwin. At the worst, you lose your job but not your money. There are many other culprits..............

Gordon Brown sold off most of the UK's gold reserves in 1999. The price of gold has gone up five times since then, losing us over £10 billion. Let us not forget that he was aided in this blunder by Ed Balls and Ed Miliband, who were both advisers to the great man. The only consolation is that Brown has now sunk without trace from public view, helped by a broadside from that 'bigoted woman', Gillian Duffy, who revealed Brown's true character.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 00:17 on 27th June 2012

You know, this problem is universal these days.....the bad economy.

Read this one....Two weeks after Tri-met (our public transportation system) approved some of its biggest SERVICE CUTS in history...and elminated free youth passes (to get to school on)...an favorite of Mayor Sam Adams...Adams is striking back by proposing an 8,000 per cent fee increase to Tri-Met for benches and shelters on city sidewalks. It would raise the 2 million dollars that is about the amount needed to pay for the Free youth passes per year to get high school students to school daily.

Thing is here, if Tri-met was over budget...why did they just pay for all new buses recently....and for that matter of fact ....why didn't they buy double decker buses to save some fuel costs? They well know that there is no public school buses in downtown Portland....they eliminated those some years back.  Perhaps someone that has an computer industry wants them to home school kids by computer...and wants to make lots of money off doing that?...possibly. The truth is often hidden these days..... by secret agendas of someone else manipulating things. But I think the Mayor is correct on this one. Why don't they sell some of the new buses they just bought? There must be someone in this world.. that would or could use them. As there is less money...people are really going to have to think on how to make ends meet..... like they never have before. Maybe they can send us over some super cheap and slower running and safer  "covered" type scooters for kids to drive to school...one step up from an bike...and then let them have them for under $300. Maybe China could lead the way...or Japan....or someone needs some money. To bad they aren't electric while I'm thinking about it all right now. 

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 21:21 on 27th June 2012

It seems that in the UK and in most other developed countries, we have been living beyond our means for many years. It is not possible to sustain an ever-increasing standard of living based on credit. The picture is the same for the national economies, where the national expenditure exceeds income and state benefits are paid out of loans raised on the international markets.

I grew up in England in the period immediately after the end of WW II. Very few people at that time owned cars or TVs. Now many families own two or even three cars, several TVs and computers. There is a sense of entitlement that these are now essentials to modern living.

The cost of petrol is becoming ridiculous in the UK, and I think carefully before using my 13 year old car. However, this makes me walk more, which is not a bad thing. One thing is certain, the bad economy is not going to get better quickly, if at all, and paying down national and personal debt is a painful necessity. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:36 on 28th June 2012

And now they have the b....y cheek to tell us that the Olympic 'Rings' hanging fron London's Tower Bridge cost £300,000

Exactly what will this do for the economy, apart from making the deficit bigger!

It really is time we sorted this lot out, even if it means starting with an online petition or two, or three, or four... 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:06 on 28th June 2012

i like these little stories --he is naming him and he is naming somebody else for their past dealings --i bet they are all shivering in their beds at night.

i see the baroness got away with it --well what did you expect??Smile

quote | editPosted at 19:45 on 28th June 2012

James.  Baroness Warsi has been cleared regarding the Pakistan trip, she is however still being examined regarding her expenses.

Lets have a little respect and understanding here.

If she leaves her office at 5pm and hobbels down the street with her knickers full of £50 notes does that mean she has done wrong ?

She has to pay her friend £160 a night for bed & breakfast.  If she is not holding folding then she may be locked out.

MP's and the like do not do wrong.  Her expenses will be described as a "clerical error" or "an oversight"

Cameron will offer his full support and speak highly of her qualifications : 

Baroness (Cameron's idea), mussie and Tory, did a finer person ever walk the earth ?  

The poor old dear has not been on Question Time for a few weeks, she must be missing the fee. 

The idea of her being quilty of a criminal offence is unthinkable.

"Baroness meets Butch Brenda in the showers at Holloway Prison"   

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:11 on 28th June 2012

Judgement day is coming Mick because the public aren't going to put up with it much longer.

You will soon see the streets filled with decent people wanting retribution, then look out crooks!

quote | editPosted at 21:45 on 28th June 2012

An aircraft carrying a small number of people developed an engine fault.  On board was David Cameron, The Pope, a rabbi, and a disabled man.

The captain called on the intercom " we do not have enought power to climb over the mountains, we must lose weight, rip the seats out and throw them out the door"   Having done so the plane climbed a little but not enough.  "Throw the luggage out" called the captain.

The crew were terrified with the mountains getting closer.  With a tremor in his voice the captain said "Some of us may survive if someone will sacrifice his life and jump out"

The Pope went to the door and shouted "I giva my life for de people", and he jumped.

The pilot called "nearly there, if one more could jump"

The rabbi went to the door, shouted out " I don't care, interest rates are down" and jumped out.

The pilot said " one more to go and we will survive"

David Cameron went to the door and shouted "think of the welfare cutbacks, then kicked the disabled man out. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:51 on 28th June 2012
I suppose he gave him a parachute Mick? lol

quote | editPosted at 22:07 on 28th June 2012
Cameron ? give ? more chance of you getting a seat on the next space shuttle Ron.  Must go, wife is wearing that outfit and smiling.