Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Poole Harbour, Dorset

Poole

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

River Trent, Beeston, Nottinghamshire.

Beeston

in the county of Nottinghamshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Help Please!!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 16:47 on 24th June 2009

Starting this thread is not the proper way to go about solving a problem but I don't know what else to do.  It is a last ditch effort to establish some communication with someone within POE.

A month ago, I came up with an idea for raising funds for the site.  I have presented this idea to Chris & Sarah 3 times by e-mail and have received "no" response.  Those e-mails have not been returned, so I can only assume that they got them.  I realize that they are very busy with the the site family etc. but if you didn't like the idea, how about a "no thank you" or "we'll think about it".  I felt that organizing a POE member tour, booking hotels through the site and offering POE 5% of total sales was a good idea.

If I have somehow offended someone or done something wrong, it was not intentional and I'm not aware of it.  I can't fix a problem if I don't know what the  problem is. 

Several days ago, since she is an administrator, I sent Sue H. a message through the "contact this member" link asking her to contact me in the hope that I could gain some understanding of the situation.  Again "no" response.

I know that these threads have to be approved so if I don't see this thread posted, I guess that I can only assume that, for whatever reason ???, there is a problem of some sort but no one chooses to talk to me about it.

If anyone knows what the problem is, please contact me at uktours4u@gmail.com.  I'm not angry, I just don't understand the indifference.

Thanks in advance for your help.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 17:03 on 24th June 2009

Cheri, I am sure that Chris and Sarah would be the first to tell you that no offence was intended. I know that they have very young children who require a lot of their time as well as jobs to hold down. They are also concerned with Anna (Sarah's mother) who had a nasty fall and is not recovering as quickly or easily as they had hoped. I can only guess that they receive so many emails that it's very possible yours just slipped through the cracks.

Your idea does seem like a good one, though I would have no idea how to implement it. That would of course be Chris and Sarah's decision.

I wouldn't take the "seeming" indifference to heart. I am sure once they've seen this post some one will be in touch.Laughing

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:32 on 24th June 2009
Hi Cheri. Thanks for at least making your feelings known here in the forum rather than stewing over them. There have been members in the past who have started deleting their pictures because they didn't get an immediate response from Chris and/or Sarah, only to find that there is no problem and they had totally misunderstood the situation. As Diana rightly points out Chris and Sarah also have a family to look after, along with trying to work out how they can further finance the site which has serious financial problems, due only to it's popularity, ie the more pictures the members submit, the more it costs to host! I haven't looked for your idea, or suggestion yet but that doesn't mean that I am not interested, but in reality will you take charge of the suggestion? Will you do whatever it takes to implement? You see, this is the problem, many good idea's (even though I honestly don't know what you suggested at this time, I will look later) but it all takes time and you are not alone in looking for a response. Sometimes other things need to be dealt with immediately and I suspect your idea arrived at a difficult time. Either way Chris and Sarah will be made aware of your latest post and allow me to say thanks for being patient.
Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 17:47 on 24th June 2009

Thanks Diana.  Very sorry to hear about Anna's mother.  Her condition, of course, comes first over answering e-mails.

Ron;  If I was being pushy, I'm sorry.  It was not my intent and I do understand about all the pressure Chris & Sarah are under.  Family and jobs "always" come first.  To answer your question, "Yes", it was my intent to handle all of the details myself and make it happen for the site.  I put the idea (minus the commission for POE) out there last fall and got "no" response from members so all I can do is develop an itinerary, make the plans, put it out there and hope it sells.  If you would like to talk about what I had in mind, please contact me at my e-mail address.

Sorry about this thread.  I guess I need to be more patient.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:57 on 24th June 2009
Hi Cheri. It's not Anna's mother but Anna (Sarah's mum, my wife) and as you agree family first. I don't feel that you are being pushy. I will contact you privately and we will see if you can do as you offer 'handle all of the details myself and make it happen for the site'. No need to be sorry about anything, if only others would make contact instead of, well for want of a better word, sulking because they didn't get a response. I look forward to your idea with great excitement, thank you.
Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 18:29 on 24th June 2009

Ron;

I'm so sorry that I misunderstood what Diana said.  I will keep Anna in my prayers.

I will look forward to hearing from you to explain my idea and can assure you that I "can" handle the details myself.  I've been doing my own tours for 6 years now and have been in the travel industry for over 15.  I'll do whatever I can to help keep this wonderful site alive.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 19:41 on 24th June 2009
Just a wave from me Cheri, I'm sure there are lots of silent members out there crying out for the type of tour you have offered in the past. good luck with the project! (I have just had the 'news' that one of my sisters (Diane, 49) has died today following a long illness, so I'm not at my best at the moment, but if I can help in anyway you only need ask! 
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 19:44 on 24th June 2009
My prayers are with you and your family Michael
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 19:48 on 24th June 2009
Oh Michael! I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.
Gives Up! '
Gives Up! '
quotePosted at 20:30 on 24th June 2009
What a brilliant thread. It displays how to defuse a situation/sort a problem out in a very diplomatic and sensible way without the need of a heated argument. Brilliant!