Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Camber Sands, East Sussex

Camber

a Seaside Town in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

So...do you feel lucky?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Bob T
Bob T
quotePosted at 23:28 on 9th March 2009

How did you get where you are? Was it luck? Maybe you made the right decisions at the right times? Were you mentored? Or was it hard work and perseverence?

We have members here from all walks of life and I find I learn more from the experience of others than any other method.

While trying to decide what I wanted to do for a living I turned to my father. He said, "I could give a s**t less what you choose for a career as long as it's honest work and you do the best you can. You'll always be able to hold your head high when you earn an honest living."

Cheers,

Bob

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 23:55 on 9th March 2009

I am not where I want to be in life. The dreams and ideas I had when I was young are long gone, it seems. I wish my parents would have pushed me and made me understand that the decisions I would make would greatly affect my future. Instead I was let to just go along with life and do whatever I had to do to survive. The decisions I did end up making were not the right ones BUT.....if it wasn't for those decisions I would not be where I am now. I am proud of the fact that I got OUT of the situations I got myself into and that I am able to raise my girls well. I think I am doing well by them and they are happy kids.

Now I can pass on the knowledge to my girls. I can tell them what I have learned and hope and pray that they take my advice!! And I also know that when the time is right I will be able to do the things I dreamt of!!!   All is not lost I suppose.

I am not a success career wise or have lots of money but I think as a human being I am a success. Laughing

Bob T
Bob T
quotePosted at 00:45 on 10th March 2009
On 9th March 2009 23:55, Krissy wrote:

I am not a success career wise or have lots of money but I think as a human being I am a success. Laughing

Money and success are mutually exclusive.
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 02:36 on 10th March 2009

changed my mind about my post, sorry folks.

Edited by: Catherine England Schleunes at:10th March 2009 11:56
Bob T
Bob T
quotePosted at 12:21 on 10th March 2009
No need to appologize, Cathy; you're in a stressful situation. I'm sure you are exploring ways to extricate yourself from it.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 12:34 on 10th March 2009

Interesting thread Bob.

In my life I have been extremely lucky and also extremely unlucky!!! I have never gone along in the middle - my life has been full of big ups and big downs - but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have a successful business although we are losing lots of work due to this recession. However I don't owe any money and I know I will always be alright as I got through some really rough times in the past.

My real success story is my 14 year happy marriage, 3 wonderful children and that people want to be my friend.

Cathy - you are a lovely lady and your friends love you - that is a success in my eyes.

Krissy - I agree - you are a success as a human being!

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 13:16 on 10th March 2009

Thank you Steph!!!

Cathy...you should have kept it up..but I understand, I wanted to delete mine too!

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 15:57 on 10th March 2009

Interesting idea for a thread Bob, thanks for starting it.Smile 

By the world's standards I am not a success. Family responsibilities demanded I quit school in the sixth grade, and circumstances/finances never allowed for me to go back. That lack of education is a real bone of contention to me. However, I have compensated to some degree with reading and traveling. They do say that travel is the best education.  Having said that, there is no question that my lack of education has greatly influenced how far I am able to go in the business world and there will always be a "cap" on what I am able to earn as a result. However, while I may not be a monetary or career success, I do feel I have been successful as a person (Though there is plenty of room for improvement!).

I over came great personal odds resulting from a violent and difficult childhood. I found the courage to walk away from family and friends, and to define my own life instead of letting where I came from do it for me. I worked my way up from cleaning peoples houses to make a living to being an administrative assistant to three partners in an, albeit small, but prestigious architectural firm.

More importantly, I am proud of my continued and successful search for spiritual, emotional, and psychological advancement. Some times the greatest accomplishments are those not visible to the naked eye.

Do I feel lucky? No. I feel I've earned every victory...but I do feel blessed.Smile

Edited by: Diana Sinclair at:10th March 2009 15:59
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 16:11 on 10th March 2009

Havent felt all that lucky till one day last July and found you lot !!! ((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))

yet,have made some big ups and downs like our Stephanie and all along the way have learned and even savoured the moments!

Being content,helping others when i can and having you all as friends,will carry me through the rest of my life....

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:13 on 10th March 2009
Awww...hiya Rhett!!! Kiss