Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Largs Town, North Ayrshire, Scotland.

Largs

in the county of North Ayrshire

Nelsons Stutue in the Park by the Cathedral.

Norwich

a Historic City in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

So...do you feel lucky?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 17:06 on 11th March 2009

When I look back at my life it has been one miserable thing after the other. But one thing really stands out. With all the abuse and pain I have been through even as a child I could have turned out to be much worse off. My personality could be drastically different. I could have turned to drugs or alcohol or other things to destroy my life. But I didn't. I have picked myself up after each incident with a hope in my heart and soul that things would get better. 

I have always had a very strong faith in my heart that I think has molded me to be the kind of person I am. When I seriously take a look at myself, I like me! I am kind, caring, loving, supportive, friendly, fun to be with and consider this to be my success. I have nothing material in this world of real value. What I do have is someone very special to love me and all of you good people as my friends. And I still have my faith. What more could anyone ask for? I consider myself to be truly blessed! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Bob T
Bob T
quotePosted at 18:12 on 11th March 2009

By jove, I think she's got it!

Group.gif picture by outhaul

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 18:16 on 11th March 2009
LOL....yes she has! Laughing
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 18:30 on 11th March 2009
Well said, Cathy! Kiss
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 20:04 on 11th March 2009

Thanks guys! You sure know how to make somebody feel good!!! Laughing

I took the marbles out for that one Bob!!! LOL Wink

Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 22:19 on 11th March 2009

Cathy...you are one of the people that has tremedous "soul growth" going on..and in a way think of it as "leadership" lessons in life. Wondering what your being prepared for  in the next time around...maybe something important for humanity?  I'm quite serious when I say our main objective to living is to expereince enough of life an people that by the time we get to heaven and stand before "God" we have such "understanding" there's no asking why..we just kind of melt into one "being" with God/creator. I have also said that within us lies both the male and female gender and what depends on us being female is the need for "rest" from having been an male prior and the energy expended for that experience...sometimes it can be so harsh we are females to "rest" upon the physical strength of the male that protects us now, sometimes it's to learn to comeout of the shell of protection this time to carry on as an male and head of household the next time also. Sometimes it's to learn an nurturing caring of the female personna in gentleness. We balance out what we need from time to time also...but always we expereince and we grow, and we double back to pick up the lesson if it wasn't learned the first time around...and then we move on. Learning something different.

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 22:37 on 11th March 2009

I agree Shirley. I am a very spiritual person. And I know it is something very important. I believe this is not the end and that in our next world we still have work to be done and things to learn. I have a personal message from Heavenly Father that tells me what my life here is about and helps guide me. I am so fortunate to have that guidance. 

There is a lot to do before the second coming. I truly believe that every trial we go through prepares us and strengthens us for what lies ahead. I am also human, and I make lots of mistakes. But that is what the atonement is all about. Forgiveness. I could not get through this life without Heavenly Father or Christ's atonement. 

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 13:33 on 12th March 2009
On 10th March 2009 21:48, Bob T wrote:

Well, my family wasn’t very well-off financially. However, I certainly didn’t suffer in the love and guidance department.

My mom had Hodgkins for most of my adolescent and adult life and my father suffered three heart attacks between 35 and 43 years old. He was medically retired at 43 and spent the rest of his life caring for my mother.

As busy as he was doing this, he was never too busy to dispense advice.

It was interesting to read this Bob. My father became ill when I was growing up and we found out he had MS when I was 12. Before then they thought he had a brain tumour and he spent time in the neurosurgical whilst they were trying to find out what was wrong. I think this really made a huge difference in my attitude as I went through my life. I had to grow up fast to help my parents. My father was so brave and still managed to run a successful business right up to the day he died at 58. So no matter how bad I feel some days I think of him and how he fought the odds and I know then that I can do it too. I think these life experiences definitely shape us and help us build stronger characters.
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 17:26 on 12th March 2009
very powerful stuff,you guys.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:46 on 16th March 2009
On 10th March 2009 15:57, Diana Sinclair wrote:

Do I feel lucky? No. I feel I've earned every victory...but I do feel blessed.Smile

My sentiments exactly, Diana.  I find I only feel "unlucky" when I'm wearing my "poor Ruthy" hat.  lol.  But I feel anything in my life, good family, good friends, good job, good health, etc. to be blessings.  Because God offered (as He does to everyone) and I accepted the grace and strength I needed to earn the victories.

I think I've shared here the 2 big losses in my life - my mother died when I was 12 and my only child died when he was 16.  They're two of the closest relationships you can have, so I don't even know now, after all these years if I've felt their full impact.  I know a lot of people would class me as "unlucky" because of this, but when it comes to life and death, luck has nothing to do with it. Good luck is winning a raffle prize, or hitting all the green lights on your way to work on a day you're running late, stuff like that.  The big life events are more about counting your blessings, IMHO.

As for the bad stuff that happens, well I think Stephanie put it quite nicely, I think these life experiences definitely shape us and help us build stronger characters. And like Cathy, I KNOW that the Lord walks with me and my faith gets me thru.

Please login to post to this thread...