Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Salthouse Church 2002

Salthouse

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

Muncaster Castle, Cumbria

Ravenglass

a Seaside Town in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Keep your eye out for the gloves!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next >

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 20:04 on 17th May 2008
It has come to my attention that far too many red rubber gloves are being left on the highways. I could start a shop up selling them, there are so many. See how many you can spot in a week, my record is 141, but I do drive a lot of miles. Be warned though, it is addictive and we should always remember to pay full attention to the road. I'll wager you will see more than you bargained for. Lord knows where they come from, perhaps they all 'fell off the back of a lorry!'
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 21:13 on 17th May 2008
Can't say that i've seen many round here Andy, plenty of flattened squashed wildlife on the country lanes but no red rubber gloves LOL

quote | editPosted at 22:26 on 17th May 2008
It's all very strange isn't it? I often pause to wonder when I spot a shoe/trainer/jacket/sock/woolly hat/t-shirt lying in the gutter, and on one occasion recently whilst strolling through Perry woods, a pair of 'underpants' hanging from a branch.
L
L
quotePosted at 22:39 on 17th May 2008
On 17th May 2008 22:26, Sue Gaffney-Ryder wrote:
It's all very strange isn't it? I often pause to wonder when I spot a shoe/trainer/jacket/sock/woolly hat/t-shirt lying in the gutter, and on one occasion recently whilst strolling through Perry woods, a pair of 'underpants' hanging from a branch.

Maybe someones just done their washing Sue LOL
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 22:43 on 17th May 2008
Perry woods eh? Sounds like very strange goings on (or off) there Sue! And Lyn, if you look carefully, I promise you'll notice loads of gloves. Honest.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:35 on 18th May 2008
I agree Andy, I have seen plenty of red gloves on the road and so yes, where do they come from, who does or did own them? But probably more disgusting is the carrier bags that hang from branches on the hedges/tree's. Some people have a very warped sense of humour, and you won't want to know what they have deposited in the carrier bag! Needless to say there aren't enough toilets/restrooms on the motorways! 
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 20:52 on 18th May 2008
Hmmmm. I know what you mean Ron. On a serious note, I have just looked at your website Ron and I'm 'well impressed' as the carrier bag throwers would no doubt say. I MUST join you on the tour one day!! By the way, answer your mobile when it rings Ron LOL.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:23 on 19th May 2008
The mobile did ring, but I was upstairs and it was downstairs, so whilst I heard it I didn't manage to get to it in time. I don't return calls unless I know where/who they are from for fear of being ripped off by some nut who wants to steal my credit! As for the tour, just let me know when you are this way with 3 or 4 hours to spare.  
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 10:12 on 19th May 2008
I surely will Ron. Thank you.
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 10:44 on 19th May 2008

From "Visit the Kilns" : The legendary Ron Brind will explain in detail how to find the places that you won’t want to miss"  .

Legendary ?? :)  Have I missed something Ron?  I don't have to go and remove all my little sketches about you from POE now, do I ?? :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next >