Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Boats in queue for flood 2005. Carlisle, Cumbria

Carlisle

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

A recipe worth sharing

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 Next >

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 17:18 on 22nd April 2008

For the last 11 years I have made at least two new recipes each week, and now and again I come across one that just wows me; and this is what happened this morning. The only way to describe the Hazelnut Waffles with Fresh Whipped Cream is    .

So I want to share the recipe with you (and maybe add more to this thread as time goes by).

Hazelnut Waffles with Fresh Whipped Cream 180 g (1 ¼ cups) sifted flour2 ½ teaspoons baking powder½ teaspoon salt1 tablespoon sugar2 eggs, separated250 ml (1 plus cups) hazelnut coffee creamer (or whole milk)30 g (2 tablespoons) butter, melted50 g (½ cup) chopped hazelnuts -          Preheat oven 275 °F-          Toast the hazelnuts until light golden, about 15 minutes, watch them closely.-          Chop them fairly fine in a blender-          Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl-          Measure 1 cup of creamer-          Add egg yolks-          Whisk slightly-          Melt butter-          Whisk egg whites until firm but still glossy-          Make a well in centre of dry ingredients-          Pour in egg mixture and butter-          Stir until combined-          Add beaten egg whites-          Fold until combined-          At this point add a little more creamer if the consistency is too thick -          Pour batter on preheated waffle iron-          Bake until golden brown.-          Whip fresh heavy whipping cream until thick-          Serve with waffles and sprinkle a little sugar on top.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 17:20 on 22nd April 2008

Well it doesn't look like copy and past worked very well here.  

If POE can delete the recipe, I will write it out again. PLEASE POE!

Definitely need that delete/edit button POE.

MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 17:55 on 22nd April 2008
Thank you Sue, no need to write it again.....I'll sure have a go :)
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:38 on 25th April 2008
Today I made Lemon & Lavender Muffins, very easy, very light, very tasty. Anyone interested I'll post the recipe.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:29 on 27th April 2008
Sounds good to me Sue, maybe you could bring a sample or two over when you come to Wheatley next?
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 16:05 on 27th April 2008
I've just been asked to bring Pringles over, so I'm not too sure if I can fit the cakes in, so Ron, you are going to have to get your pinny on and head for the kitchen     .
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:11 on 27th April 2008
Pringles are available in the UK aren't they, why would you bring them with you? As for me in a pinny, well that might cause a few comments!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:44 on 27th April 2008
I think you pay about £2.00 for your Pringles, right? I pay $1.00, so it makes it vastly cheaper, though i don't know in what state they will be in when after a few trips through different airports.
L
L
quotePosted at 20:51 on 27th April 2008
once you pop you cant stop, I love pringles

quote | editPosted at 22:57 on 27th April 2008
Pringles are about £1.20 at Tesco Sue....I buy a tube most weeks!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 Next >