Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Church of St Mary the Virgin at South Baddesley, Hampshire.

South Baddesley

in the county of Hampshire

All Saints Church, Gainsborough

Gainsborough

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hobbies?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 04:51 on 19th November 2008

That's very true Lyn, I used to read the old grave stones in the early settlers cemetery in Goulburn, very interesting.

I dont realy have a hobby at present, apart from fishing, but will take up some again once we can move from here.

I do enjoy singing and recording, but I am waiting for a machine that converts audio tapes to cd.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 07:32 on 19th November 2008
On 17th November 2008 22:15, Lyn Brant wrote:
I love grave yards, my house backs onto one, a bit of a hobby of mine is hanging out in grave yards reading the really old grave stones, usually in day time but don't mind after dark, my Grandad alwayd told me that it's the living you need to fear not the dead Laughing

Yeah thats a true statement!!

I like reading some of the gravestones, there's some really old headstones in the graveyard up the road. I like taking photos of them to.

A huge hole appeared last week on one of the graves!!  went down about 7 ft!! they filled it in now!!  gotta watch where your walking in there!!Surprised

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:44 on 19th November 2008
On 19th November 2008 07:32, Jason Twist wrote:
On 17th November 2008 22:15, Lyn Brant wrote:
I love grave yards, my house backs onto one, a bit of a hobby of mine is hanging out in grave yards reading the really old grave stones, usually in day time but don't mind after dark, my Grandad alwayd told me that it's the living you need to fear not the dead Laughing

I like reading some of the gravestones, there's some really old headstones in the graveyard up the road. I like taking photos of them to.

A huge hole appeared last week on one of the graves!!  went down about 7 ft!! they filled it in now!!  gotta watch where your walking in there!!Surprised

LOL @ Jason! Could you see anything or was it empty? Yikes! LOL!

I love walking through old grave yards and we have our fair share of them in Boston, but ours only go back to the 1600's; not nearly as old as yours!

In Salem we have the old burying point where characters like John Hawthorne (ancestor of Nathaniel Hawthorne, and notorious official known as the hanging judge for his part in the executions of so called witches during the witchcraft hysteria of 1692) are buried.

Salem is mostly land fill and at one time this graveyard was only a few yards from the waterfront. After a major storm one year the residents came out of their houses to discover coffins lining the street and overturned in their yards because the storm and the tide had washed the graves right out. They built a brick retaining wall after that unpleasant incident.

Please login to post to this thread...