Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

850 sacked workers at BMW Cowley Plant in Oxford have nothing to complain about!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 20:40 on 22nd February 2009

Ron, go to "coasttocoast.am" today's release about last night's show, which you can hear also if you want... and read about the "Smiley face killers" over here.. murderers they are trying to track down that have been killing upteen young men, from coast to coast, primarily along Freeway towns off  I-70 across our nation..picking them up in bars and later they are found drowned in local water sources, they are using the "smiley face"...as it was supposedly orginally used by an "serial killer" named the "Sun of Sam" It sounded much from the last report..of dealing with an Native American ritual group perhaps off the Catholic church affliation wiht one of their past "holy" sites to me...I was to late last night to tune into it except for the other half of the show on reincationalion and souls, with the guest from England.   

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:33 on 22nd February 2009
Shirley, am I missing something here, or is the connection with the 850 sacked workers at the BMW Car Plant in Cowley, Oxford, the smileys that you refer to?
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 22:09 on 6th March 2009
On 17th February 2009 15:12, Diana Sinclair wrote:

I agree with you Sue and Stephanie, some people need two jobs just to make ends meet. I suppose that I am a little more tolerant now that I am in that same position!

Sue, I am sorry to hear about what's happening in your son's company. That is an unfortunate trend here too. Many companies are either laying off full time employees and hiring two people part time to replace them because they can pay the two less than they paid the one and they don't have to provide medical insurance, vacation time, or sick time to the part timers.

It's sad to see this happening here in Massachusetts because it is a law here that you must have medical insurance and if you don't you can be penalized for up to $200.00 per month. This is ludicrous; if it comes down to paying your rent or purchasing medical insurance what do you think people are going to choose?

I always feel sorry for you people in the States and elswhere who dont or cant get medical insurance. One of the good things about England is our 'free' medical treatment, My 27 year old daughter fell down some steps last Boxing day, breaking her neck in two places and her thumb. She was lucky to survive and is still in a 'Halo' support, screwed into her skull with 4 screws. The point I am trying to make is ALL her top class treatment and transport to and from the two hospitals treating her, her medication and even food whilst in hospital was completely 'free'. Her half-sister who lives in the States struggles to pay her medical bills for 'minor' visits to her GP and cant believe we dont pay. I told her of a lady over here (UK) who was moaning that when she was visiting a friend in hospital she had to pay £1-50 to use the car park.
 Please login to post to this thread...