Poole

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

Dinosaur egg beach at the end of the Cot Valley near St Just, Cornwall

St Just

in the county of Cornwall

Malham Cove, North Yorkshire

Malham

in the county of North Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Your favourite places in England.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

L
L
quotePosted at 21:13 on 16th March 2008
I assume you're asking Peter that question not me? Wink
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:56 on 16th March 2008
No Ron, that was me on my own. Every year we have a holiday away from each other, I go by myself, she goes with her sisters. I got talking to a man and his wife, and he was admireing my camera. I let him try it, and he took that photo of me. One of the very few I may add.
Judy Carol
Judy Carol
quotePosted at 02:23 on 18th March 2008
On 7th February 2008 23:26, Susan Gaffney-Ryder wrote:
One of my favourite places is the Lake District which I visited a few years ago....glorious. The other is Hadrian's Wall....we visited Steel Rig and stood there in the heavy silence and though I am not given to fancy flights it was quite magical.....I felt the reach across the centuries....a thriving, bustling, violent and noisy frontier of the Roman Empire stood silent and alone......it is something I will never forget.

Susan, I love how you described the effect of Hadrian's Wall and the Roman Empire. I, too, stood on the wall and walked through the ruins of one of the forts left long ago to decay and silence. We were the only visitors that day and all we could hear was the  whisper of forgotten dreams and ambitions or could it have just been a gentle breeze reminding me that I am only here for a short time too. Your description made me want to return and recapture that feeling of awe and reverence.

quote | editPosted at 16:14 on 18th March 2008

We were the only visitors that day and all we could hear was the  whisper of forgotten dreams and ambitions or could it have just been a gentle breeze reminding me that I am only here for a short time too.

Judy..sorry I don't know how to do this "quote" business. (I'm very new to computers!) Your words above....I could not have put it better myself......and a place like Hadrian's Wall certainly makes you aware of your small place in the great stream of time. I have not been back yet, it has been nearly four years since that first visit but I hope to return there this year.  It would be nice if you could return some time too, to this magical place.

Best Regards

Sue

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 16:53 on 18th March 2008

Sue, if you look at the post you want to quote, you will see a little quote button at the very top right of the post, just click on that and the quote should appear in the text box. You can then delete anything in the post you want, so it just shows the part you want to reply to, or leave it whole.

I hope that helps.

quote | editPosted at 18:24 on 18th March 2008

Sue! I checked all the little gadgets at the bottom and could not for the life of me figure it out....just read your post..looked up and there it was staring me in the faceEmbarassed!!

Thanks so much.Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:00 on 18th March 2008

Hey Susan (Sue maybe?)

I can promise you that you are not alone when it comes to understanding the pc, I am also still learning how to use this 'fangdangled thing' as my mother would say when it came to understanding and using the microwave oven for the first time. She got there in the end mind, and never bothered again with the main cooker so there you go, you'll be writing software next.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:31 on 18th March 2008

I'm Sue!

The other ten Susan's on the board are either Susan or Sue1 Sue2, Sue3.

Just Kidding! 

Can get confusing though.

You can call me Strange, I'll answer to that.

L
L
quotePosted at 21:00 on 18th March 2008
Hi STRANGE, WECOME!LaughingTongue out LOL
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:27 on 18th March 2008
Lyn, thats because Sue has a connection with another website where she calls herself 'Strange Elf'....something to do with some ole guy called Ja Ar Tolkun or some such funny name! By the way WECOME! LOL - Keep taking the tablets Lyn!