'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Blyth Harbour

Blyth

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Met all expectations

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
quotePosted at 02:31 on 19th October 2011
Glad you found the story, Linda-Mary. It was a wonderful trip I'll never forget. I'm sure yours will be the same. Wish I was going with you!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 07:22 on 20th October 2011
Brenda, if you want and can put up with us, tag along.  I thought you and your son were going again in autumn of 2012?
Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
quotePosted at 08:25 on 20th October 2011
I can't tell you how much I'd love to go with you. Yes, we are planning to go again next Fall. It's all a matter of finances more than anything. I'm hoping to have saved enough by that time to go.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 12:56 on 20th October 2011

i have always wanted to go to the states but the flying time has always put me off going as i am not a very good flier i can just manage europe which i have done many timesFrown

Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
quotePosted at 04:14 on 21st October 2011
I can understand that, James. I was concerned about that, too. I'm not a good car rider either let alone 8 hours or more on a plane. Actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. They kept coming to your seat giving you things and keeping you busy. Flying over to England it was nighttime so it was quiet and peaceful in there. I kept feeling like I was on a bus and not in the air. It was kind of strange. If there was a worst part, it was probably standing in line at the airport waiting to go through customs and all of that. Once you get where you're going, though, you forget all about it. I don't drink, other than that Guiness I had every night in Burford, but I think you could have a little on the plane to settle you down. But if you ever get here, we'd be happy to show you around. We're within 2 hrs. of all the major NYC and New Jersey airports. Get a ticket!
Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 08:44 on 21st October 2011
James, I'd take Brenda's advice and come on over.  I'm not looking forward to being chairlifted on and off the plane going over next year, but I want to see England again.  It's been 50 years.  16 when I went.
 Please login to post to this thread...