Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Todmorden

Todmorden

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Larter clan

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:54 on 30th June 2012
Well done Paul another great job!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Stella Lee
Stella Lee
quotePosted at 18:44 on 30th June 2012
On 30th June 2012 05:09, Paul Hilton wrote:
I hope you soon are both able to get in touch via PoE and then email each other directly. I'm sure you both have so much to learn from each other and catching up and in Stella's case, also going through her family line here back to Suffolk in the early 1700's which could be expanded on even further if Stella wanted to. I'm so pleased you came across each other.

Hi again Paul I have messaged you twice via contract thanks so much for you help Laughing
lighthouse
lighthouse
quotePosted at 02:56 on 6th October 2014
On 6th March 2012 08:29, Ron Brind wrote:
Wow, well done again Paul and all others who are helping David. What a brilliant bunch of people you are.

Ron are you connected to the Larter line and if so where does your surname connect to the Larter line ??

My Larter line originally came from Suffolk England to Australia in 1855 

lighthouse
lighthouse
quotePosted at 03:15 on 6th October 2014
On 8th March 2012 11:04, Paul Hilton wrote:
Queenie also had 3 siblings that died at a very young age or as babies she possibly might not have known about.

Paul I have noticed you mentioning the Larter surname, are you connected to the Larter line and if so where does your surname connect to Larter ?

My Larter line came from Suffolk to Australia in 1855

Regards 

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 03:57 on 6th October 2014
The two people here connected to the Larter family are David Turley in the US and Stella Lee in Essex. Their family tree you can also find on Ancestry starting with Samuel Larter from Suffolk in the 1700s. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:6th October 2014 04:10
lighthouse
lighthouse
quotePosted at 05:26 on 6th October 2014
On 29th June 2012 21:50, stella lee wrote:
Just to edit Ronald Larter was my father it looks like I meant Dennis. I hope David gets in touch with me and I live in Essex also my Grandfather was Percy Pembroke if this helps :)

Stella in your tree do you have a Henry Norman Larter B 1847 Blythburgh Suffolk England.

Possible parents Elijah Larter and Mary Ann Smith.

Regards 

lighthouse
lighthouse
quotePosted at 05:28 on 6th October 2014
On 30th June 2012 02:05, David Turley wrote:
On 29th June 2012 21:50, stella lee wrote:
Just to edit Ronald Larter was my father it looks like I meant Dennis. I hope David gets in touch with me and I live in Essex also my Grandfather was Percy Pembroke if this helps :)

Stella Lee - Hi there cousin!! I have the same picture. Grandma is standing to the left of the American Flag with another lady. A huge flag from Mare Island durning the war. How can I get hold of you? email address etc David
David in your tree do you have a Henry Norman Larter B 1847 Blythburgh Suffolk England.

Possible parents Elijah Larter and Mary Ann Smith.

Regards 

Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 06:47 on 6th October 2014

The Larter tree is run by myself ( mostly) and all the above people are on it. Elijah and Mary Ann are Henry's parents, and Elijah's father is Robert, preceded by two Samuel Larters taking us well into the 1700s. There's their wives too. The Ancestry tree name is Larter Family of Essex ---- which goes back in time to its early years in Suffolk. 

Henry is Stella's great grand uncle. I presume Henry died in Queensland in 1915? I'd only tracked the Larters in the UK and also in the US to David in California, though was aware there were Larter descendents in Australia.  

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:6th October 2014 07:02
lighthouse
lighthouse
quotePosted at 07:31 on 6th October 2014
On 6th October 2014 06:47, Paul Hilton wrote:

The Larter tree is run by myself ( mostly) and all the above people are on it. Elijah and Mary Ann are Henry's parents, and Elijah's father is Robert, preceded by two Samuel Larters taking us well into the 1700s. There's their wives too. The Ancestry tree name is Larter Family of Essex ---- which goes back in time to its early years in Suffolk. 

Henry is Stella's great grand uncle. I presume Henry died in Queensland in 1915? I'd only tracked the Larters in the UK and also in the US to David in California, though was aware there were Larter descendents in Australia.  

Paul thanks for that. Yes Henry died 8 Apr 1915 and is buried at Toowong not far from here.This line of Robert Larter belongs to my wife.I have been trying to follow her line back and to connect it to mine but to date without any success.

My Line William Frederick wife and 2 children first came to Australia in 1856 with William Frederick B 1828/Betsy Osborne ,preceeded by James Beacon B 1804/Caroline Collins, William B 1773/Anne Clark, John B 1729, John B 1703/Jane, Thomas 1660/ Elizabeth.

I wonder does any of this appear on your tree 

Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 09:29 on 6th October 2014

The names from your side don't appear on my tree. I have just updated the family tree to include more of the Queensland side upto Henry E R Larter who passed away in 1970. Your wife's grandad I assume?

He's Stella's 2 cousin once removed.