Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Marle Place Gardens, Brenchley, Kent - TN12 7HS

Brenchley

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Larter clan

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

David Turley
David Turley
quotePosted at 18:48 on 5th March 2012
My Grandmother came from England back in the early 1900's at the age of 15. She arrived in the US in 1921. Her last name was Larter. Queenie Gertrude Larter. I have, in her belongings, a picure of the 1943-1944 Shepperton Grammar School Football team. The "Sportsmaster" was Mr. D.S. Larter. By the age he looks in the picture I would guess that was Grandma's brother. I don't know much of our long lost cousin's and family from England. My father went back to England a few times with Grandma back in the 60's and 70's but we didn't really talk about that side of the family much. Just 2nd cousin Tony from Austraila. I would like to offer this picture to the Shepperton school if still around. It's in great shape. And I would like to know how to go about finding more information regarding my Grandmother's England brother's and sister's. If anyone could share some insight I would appreciate it. David Turley

Edited by: Ron Brind at:5th March 2012 20:14
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:03 on 5th March 2012
more information is needed david  --county where your g/mother was born  enabling members to carry on your search.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:09 on 5th March 2012
Hi David and a warm welcome to POE!  James is right, any further information on Queenie's birthplace and dob/parents would be a great help in finding further information for you.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:19 on 5th March 2012
I have found the birth of a Queenie Gertrude E Larter in the Dec quarter of 1904 (born Oct/Nov/Dec) in Hendon and a Frank Ernest Larter born Jun 1900 Hendon.
David Turley
David Turley
quotePosted at 19:27 on 5th March 2012

Queenie's dob Oct 6th, 1906. One of her 8 slibling was named Dennis. I believe him to be the "Sportsmaster" for the Shepperton Grammar Schooll in 1943-44 Football team. I could attached a picture if I knew how. My sister is pulling some boxes out for futher clairification. I believe my grandmother to be born close to London or in London. Your quick response brings back emotions gone by. Thank you so much for getting back to me. I will investigate further. Kindest regards,

David

anybody know how to attach a picture?

Edited by: Ron Brind at:5th March 2012 20:14
David Turley
David Turley
quotePosted at 19:29 on 5th March 2012
It could have been 1904. I will check her passport. I will check promptly. Thanks!!! David
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:35 on 5th March 2012
send a bit more info david then you may get a result.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:36 on 5th March 2012

Near the top of the left hand column you will see Submit pictures - you can add your pictures on to POE by submitting them there, once accepted then they can be added into this thread!

Have you seen Queenies birth certificate?  There seems to be a two year discrepancy between the Queenie I found and the date you have given!!

Searching on Findmypast 1911 Census I see a Queenie Gertrude Eileen Larter born 1905 living in Colchester, Essex.  Sorry my subscription has lapsed so I can't get the details.  But you could if you pay as you go for the information - that should include parents and siblings who were at home in 1911! 

Edited by: cathyml at:5th March 2012 19:37
David Turley
David Turley
quotePosted at 19:37 on 5th March 2012
Queenie's dob Oct 10th 1904. Wow. Right now I don't know what to say. ............ Too many emotions right now. David
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:48 on 5th March 2012

try your luck on this link david  maybe??

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

1 2 3 4 5 Next >