Coventry

in the county of West Midlands

A picture of Southrey

Southrey

in the county of Lincolnshire

Goodnight

Hayle

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Thomas Casson

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Carol Forman
Carol Forman
quotePosted at 22:29 on 7th August 2010
Does anyone have any information on Thomas Casson who married Mary Breggs? He is the father of Charles Casson who was born Feb. 12, 1826 in Yorkshire.  Charles married Eliza Goody.  Charles was my great, great grandfather.  I am looking for genealogy information on his family. 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 23:34 on 7th August 2010

Hi Carol----I reacon I found your family, but did Thomas have 2 wives?  I have him married to Martha Sykes; parents of Charles b. 12 Feb 1826 in Yorkshire who married an Eliza.  Had 11 kids I think.  Charles passed away in Iowa  on 27  Feb 1906.   Is this the one?

Family starts in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire in early 1700s with William and Mary b. 1732. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:7th August 2010 23:40
Carol Forman
Carol Forman
quotePosted at 23:51 on 7th August 2010
Charles had 10 kids and he died in Iowa Feb 26, 1906.  He is the same one you have but I don't know anything about Thomas except that he maried Mary Breggs ( I suppose that information could be wrong.)  Chares had 3 brothers Joshua, Thomas and Joe.  Either Thomas of Joe lived in Illinois when Chalres came to the United States.  The notes I have from a great aunt say that Thomas attended his son's wedding (Charles) at Highfield Independent Chapel in Hudderfield.  They lived at Milnesbridge. I would appreciate any information you have on this family.
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 23:52 on 7th August 2010

A brief outline------

William Casson married Mary Hepworth 27 June 1754 in Hudddersfield; had son Thomas b.  9 Feb 1759.  He married Elizabeth Kindar 26 March 1780.

They had son Thomas Casson b. 3 June 1792 who married Martha Sykes 19 Jan. 1815.  They had son Charles Casson b. Feb 12 1826. He married Eliza ( Goody?) b. 1831.  She died in USA 1909---Iowa too?

This is leaving out many brothers and sisters of several generations which adds up to quite a few over the decades. Hopefully, this appears the right family bar this Mary Breggs/Martha Sykes discrepancy.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:7th August 2010 23:56
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 00:04 on 8th August 2010
Besides Charles' 3 brothers, he also had 6 sisters. He and Eliza had 11 children it seems; possibly you have a missing one yet to add?
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 07:46 on 8th August 2010

1861 Census is interesting;Charles and family living in Linthwaite, Yorkshire where he's a wollen cloth dresser.

But his neighbours are interesting----on one side there's a Sykes family and on the other side of them appears to be his mother Martha b. 1793 who is a widow now farming 6 acres.

Locations associated with the family besides Linthwaite where Charles' wife and early children were born is also Almondbury, and South Crosland---Charles' birthplace.  All in Yorkshire.

Do you have any connection to the Senior family who moved from the Huddersfield region to Iowa too? 

Carol Forman
Carol Forman
quotePosted at 14:10 on 8th August 2010
The only thing I have is that Samuel Senior married Elizabeth Rainbow in 1855 in Iowa.  Elizabeth Rainbow is the daughter of James Jonas Rainbow and Eliza Goody. Sarah Rainbow, Elizabeth's sister, married William Casson who is the son of Charles Casson.  These people all lived in Iowa.
Carol Forman
Carol Forman
quotePosted at 18:06 on 8th August 2010
I rechecked my information and I was wrong about Thomas Cassons's wife.  Thomas Casson, born 1859, son of Charles Casson married Mary Briggs.  Thank you for all the information - you have taken by family tree back 3 generations.  I would appreciate any other information you have.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 21:12 on 8th August 2010
Carol, everytime you refresh you add the same post again.  Rather use the Latest Posts or Latest Pictures tags on the top left of your screen.
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 21:24 on 8th August 2010

If you'd like the children/birth years of William Casson and Mary Hepworth---

John 1785; William 1788; Elizabeth( Betty)1790; Thomas 1792;Samuel 1798.

I did come across a Thomas Casson married to a Mary L Briggs and they had 2 sons----George Elmer and John William, both son born in the 1890s in Randolf, Nebraska.  Any connectiions?