Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Cobham Mill, Cobham, Surrey

Cobham

in the county of Surrey

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello from me and am I pleased to have found this site.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Colin Ware
Colin Ware
quotePosted at 15:54 on 3rd August 2012

My name is Colin and live in Suffolk.  I have been facinated by and collecting old photographs and albums for many years.  I regard them a valuable resource for social history studies, geneaology and local history.  Sadly, far too many of them are ending up in rubbish dumps!  I am hoping that over the course of time some friends here can help me identify the location of a number of photos I am struggling with.

I will post a couple shortly.

Kind regards to all members, and hope to hear from some of you soon.

Colin

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 16:59 on 3rd August 2012
Hi Colin and congratulations on stumbling across this amazing little site. A great source of photos and info about this country. You ask and we will try to help. Take alook at some of the forums and if you have the inclinatuion join in. Serious, fun, banal, anything goes. You will find us a jolly and freindly bunch so feel free, new blood is always welcome here.
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 17:07 on 3rd August 2012
On 3rd August 2012 16:59, Dave John wrote:
Hi Colin and congratulations on stumbling across this amazing little site. A great source of photos and info about this country. You ask and we will try to help. Take alook at some of the forums and if you have the inclinatuion join in. Serious, fun, banal, anything goes. You will find us a jolly and freindly bunch so feel free, new blood is always welcome here.

Said Dracula to his first house guest !!

Welcome Colin,,,from someone who wishes he were there !!!

DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 17:36 on 3rd August 2012

Hi Colin, welcome to wonderland!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your photos.  They are a great source of enjoyment.  We recently unearthed some old family photos and it was a real eye opener. Smile 

Colin Ware
Colin Ware
quotePosted at 18:02 on 3rd August 2012

Hi & thanks for the warm welcome, Dave Richard and Debbie.  Perhaps you can help me a bit?  Have uploaded 2 photos, well at least I thought I had!  They were there on the site about 50 minutes ago, I then closed c'puter down to do some shopping and when I come back I am told i haven't uploaded any pictures.

Anyone seen a couple of lost images in cyber space? Cry

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 18:28 on 3rd August 2012
Hi Colin a very big welcome especially like me you come from Suffolk, I have over 3,000 pics on here many from Suffolk and Norfolk,   hope you will soon be adding your collection and don't forget to join in here,
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:45 on 3rd August 2012

Hi Colin and welcome to POE from Anna and Ron.

I am one of the moderators that approves the pictures submitted to POE (or not, as the case may be) and can tell you that if they were black and white, scanned pictures, poor quality, or considered nothing to do with England then they would have been deleted.

We have to take account of the huge hosting bill for the pictures that keep on coming so are being more 'picky' than ever before.

What did you submit?

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:19 on 3rd August 2012
Hi Colin and a very warm welcome to the POE family!  You are very welcome to join us on the forums and add to our wealth of gorgeous Pictures of England.
Colin Ware
Colin Ware
quotePosted at 19:27 on 3rd August 2012

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the welcome.  Well I uploaded two late Victorian ? early Edwardian photo's I am hoping someone can help me identify.  I found this site while searching Google for somewhere that would offer that servic, am I wrong?  You may care to look at my thread 'Helping this site to fund itself'.

If I am in the wrong place and/or trying to seek too much, my apologies.

Regards

Colin

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:31 on 3rd August 2012

They would have been deleted initially Colin due to the hosting costs, but it may well be that Chris and Sarah will agree to your suggestion, which I responded to in another thread and also copied to them.

I guess you could start the ball rolling by making the £1.50 payment per picture, add them in the normal way, and then they could be shown here in the forum.

Regardless of how we feel it will be site owners Chris and Sarah who make the decision Colin so hang on in there and wait for an answer but I reckon a good idea, well done!

Please login to post to this thread...