Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello form a newbie

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Chris Mac
Chris Mac
quotePosted at 10:43 on 29th July 2012

Hi I'm Chris from Romford,Essex or Greater London depending how you look at it. I'm new to photography and still trying to get to grips with my Fujifilm S5800 camera that I've had for a while but only ever just used Auto mode. Ive just bought Digital Photography for Dummies book to try and get my head round using aperature,exposure etc. I love being outdoors be it Walking,cycling or occasionally fishing. I run two blogs for my walks and cycle adventures where I upload all my photos.But then I stumbled across this site and the pictures on here blew me away! So I'm hoping by reading the book and the forum I can improve and start some better pictures.

Edited by: Chris Mathieson at:31st July 2012 16:51
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:17 on 29th July 2012

Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Chris. You will soon see that you are among like-minded people here. Always ready to help, without being 'cocky' because they have a bigger, better camera, lens etc.

A really nice, family friendly site, that as you say has some fantastic pictures submitted by the members. Enjoy it and join in here when you can.

DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 12:58 on 29th July 2012

Hi Chris

I can certainly reiterate Ron's sentiment that this is a friendly helpful place.  I love it here.  The photos are superb too.  I would love to hear more about your blog as i too love walking and cycling...not into fishing though. :-D

Chris Mac
Chris Mac
quotePosted at 14:28 on 29th July 2012

Thanks Ron and Debbie :).... Debbie links to my blogs are on my profile if you fancy a look.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:36 on 29th July 2012

Hello newbie!

Glad to see you joining us here, and can't wait to see your pictures. The only way I can learn to use my nice camera is to just go out and shoot, shoot, shoot.

Visit often and join in the fun. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:56 on 29th July 2012
On 29th July 2012 14:28, Chris Mathieson wrote:

Thanks Ron and Debbie :).... Debbie links to my blogs are on my profile if you fancy a look.

The link that you refer to is not permitted without prior agreement with POE owners Chris and Sarah, Chris. Therefore it will be removed in due course, unless you take appropriate steps to retain it.
DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 16:59 on 29th July 2012

Hi Chris, I've found your blogs, and what great photos you have too.  

I love your experience in a glider, brilliant.  

I had a flight in a cessna for my 30th and it was an experience I loved and will never forget.  

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 17:41 on 29th July 2012
Hi Chris and welcome this great little family. You have certainly stumled across probably the best site for all things England (and the other bits aswellWink). Any queries you have oplease put them toe the forums and you will find peaople willing to help and advise.....sa I have said befoer to others, nothing heavy and over the top, just plain simple friendly responses. Get yourself involved with a few of the forums where enjoy a bit of banter. See you around
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:40 on 29th July 2012
welcome chris hope you enjoy the site.Smile
Chris Mac
Chris Mac
quotePosted at 18:41 on 29th July 2012
On 29th July 2012 16:56, Ron Brind wrote:
The link that you refer to is not permitted without prior agreement with POE owners Chris and Sarah, Chris. Therefore it will be removed in due course, unless you take appropriate steps to retain it.

Sorry was unaware,will remove now.