Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Largs Town, North Ayrshire, Scotland.

Largs

in the county of North Ayrshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Misplaced Anglophile

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >

Evey Pinkham
Evey Pinkham
quotePosted at 22:50 on 9th October 2009

Hello everyone.  My name is Evey and I have been in love with the UK since I was a little girl (even before The Beatles!).  I found this site as I was reminiscing about the last trip I took over there last fall after a way too long 26 year hiatus.  Don't get me wrong ... I am an American who also loves America, but I have always felt that I was born in the wrong place.  Unfortunately this last trip (my 5th) was only to London, but I hope to come back again soon and venture out of the city.  I have been drooling as I click all over this site.  You all have submitted such wonderful images - they make my heart ache to be back over there.  Hopefully, before too long....

Thank you all so very much. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 23:55 on 9th October 2009

Welcome to the site Evey.  You'll find that there are a lot of people here longing for England and feeling the same way you do.  I've always said that I was "born in the wrong place about 700 years too late" which, in reality, is quite silly because England in the 1300's was not a really great place to live by todays standards.  When I'm there, I always feel like I'm "home". I've been going over for 25 years and still haven't seen it all. 

You'll meet a lot of really nice people here so let me be the first to welcome you.

All the best.........Cheri

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:00 on 10th October 2009
Hello again Evey - so glad you have introduced yourself on the forum & I hope you stick around & join in with our banter & debates as I think you would really enjoy it here! Thank you for your comment on my giraffe picture & your lovely remarks about my other photos. Welcome to the forum!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:02 on 10th October 2009
Welcome Evey, from Anna and Ron. POE is a fantastic website and forum with people who actually care about each other. Family friendly, plenty to discuss in the forum, fabulous photographs submitted by the members and enough pages behind the front page to give you a square bum as you sit and peruse everything from the beautiful countryside, famous Briton's, hotel accommodation, the pictures of course and enough snippets of information to keep you going forever! Enjoy it and join in here whenever you can...
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:25 on 10th October 2009

Many welcomes, Evey. 

POE is the perfect place to be if you can't get to England personally. So many wonderful pictures, of so many wonderful places.

I also love the fact that the pictures aren't all perfect, but they are real, and we love them all.

We look forward to getting to know you here on the forums, and hopefully you can share some of your pictures taken in England. 

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:59 on 11th October 2009
Horseguards, London, October 2008
Picture by Evey Pinkham

Evey added some while you were away Sue - this one is really lovely.
Evey Pinkham
Evey Pinkham
quotePosted at 11:45 on 11th October 2009

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all so much for your warm welcome.  

How do i put my photo on here so you all know what i look like?  Guess i'm just a computer ninny.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:19 on 11th October 2009

Oh my! That really is a wonderfully composed shot. 

Great work, Evey. I will have to pop over to your page later today.  Thank you Stephanie.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 02:19 on 12th October 2009

Hi Evey:  Glad to see you finally made it over.  You have some really lovely pictures.

As for uploading pics - for your avatar, log in and click "My Account" in the upper right corner.  That's where you can upload a picture.

You can only post a photo from POE into a thread.  Open the one you want to post and look for its 7-digit picture number.  To insert a picture into a thread, click the 3rd icon from the right in the bottom of the box where you do a posting (it looks like a little tree).  Insert the picture number into the little box that comes up and the photo will upload into the posting.

Good luck and I can't wait to see more of your pictures.

Evey Pinkham
Evey Pinkham
quotePosted at 03:15 on 12th October 2009

Horray!  Thanks, Ruth.  It worked!  This pic was taken of me on the London Eye last October.  I thought it was the most appropriate one to post.

I put up a bunch of photos for approval today and have some more to post.  My friend in Yorkshire did all the reduction of pixels for me.  But didn't want to post everything all at once.  Hope you, and everyone else, likes them.   

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >