Seaview

in the county of Isle of Wight

Water Shortage???

Preston

in the county of Lancashire

Sugar Lane, Dersingham, Norfolk

Dersingham

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

A Yorkshire man in Kansas

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 03:05 on 12th November 2008

Hello and Welcome Beth and Mick.

Mick, My DH arrived here just over a year ago too.  LOVES it here so far....(it is me that has had the hard time readjusting, LOL)

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 04:16 on 12th November 2008
On 11th November 2008 16:20, Mick Covell wrote:
Not exactly . That was when I was back in England . I was working for Bradford Council at the time . If I remember correctly when that picture was taken I was working cleaning gullies . We would have to dig all kinds of foul smelling muck out of them . It was needless to say a dirty job . Having said that it was a job I enjoyed too . We got to go all over the Bradford area , and got to meet all different kind of people . We even got the occasional cup of tea as you can see !  

Hey Mick! Sounds like you would like watching Mike Rowe on TV in his show called Dirty Jobs. It is quite funny at times! Smile 
Mick Covell
Mick Covell
quotePosted at 04:34 on 12th November 2008

You sound like my wife Roses excepting shes never been to England . She did live in Germany for a while and dearly loved that . I've  found it very easy to adapt to life here in truth . I love that bookstores dont close until 11.00pm and I can get donuts at 3 in the morning . Now if only it was'nt a 50 mile or so drive to get to one !

As for Dirty Jobs Catherine ( Cath? , Cathy? ) I have seen the odd episode here and there . We would have been right at home on that show though . Although I dont think our bosses would have liked to see all the skiving off we did lol .

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 11:05 on 12th November 2008
Cathy is fine! You sound like a lot of fun Mick! What do you do for fun? Laughing
Mick Covell
Mick Covell
quotePosted at 14:35 on 12th November 2008
For fun ? I'm boring really . I spend time with my girls ! Love to relax with a good book , and cook for my family . Last weekend our daughters were away with the church youth group so myself and the wife took the opertunity of a day together . The highlight of our day was sitting in a bookstore for 3 hours or so just drinking coffee ,chatting and looking at books . I've been known to write the odd bad poem here and there too lol . Sometimes I think I'm too busy enjoying life to have fun lol .
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 14:40 on 12th November 2008
I live at my local bookstore!! Barnes and Noble? Know it?
Mick Covell
Mick Covell
quotePosted at 15:48 on 12th November 2008

Know Barnes and Noble ? Absoloutly ! No trip into Wichita is complete without a visit to Barnes and Noble or Borders or both ! Wish we had a local one though . Its about an hours drive to our nearest one .

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:51 on 12th November 2008
An hour!!! Holy cow!! I'm lucky to have both very close to me!!!
Mick Covell
Mick Covell
quotePosted at 16:31 on 12th November 2008
It gets worse , my favourite bookstore is Hastings . The closest one is in Hutchinson and thats even further afield . Luckily ( I think? ) my daughter has a doctors appointment there once a month or so .
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 16:33 on 12th November 2008
Well thank goodness gas in cheaper in your area!!! LOL!!!  What do you like to read?