Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

VIEW ACROSS THE PARK AREA TO THE AMUSEMENTS

Leysdown-on-Sea

in the county of Kent

The gardens at Titsey Place

Oxted

in the county of Surrey

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

James, from Leicestershire in Charnwood.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Carter
James Carter
quotePosted at 17:09 on 4th October 2008

Hello Everbody,

I have just recently submitted a few photos, of some places I have visited, and wish to share these moments with others. Mother nature gives us wonderful moments to capture in our world, and the trick is being there at that magic moment,in that window of time! Photography is one of my many hobbies, and I try to capture just some of the moments that are special.

In Charnwood Leicestershire we have a wonderful Park near-by called Bradgate Park. There are red deer which run wild through 850 acres of park and woodland. Some of the trees are over 100yrs old oak trees. Also the ruins of Bradgate House,the Grey Family Estate. There is also the Old John Folly, that stands as a high landmark in the park. This was during the period of the 15th century. The birth place of Lady Jane Grey 1537-1554. She was the nine day Queen of England. Did not reign very long, did she!  Please do not think I am a fountain of Knowledge to these facts, as it's all on the internet. So please look it up for more information, and why not give it a visit. I hope this gives you a taster!

I do appreciate your nice comments on the few pictures I submitted. It gives me more confidence to submit some more. There are still many places in the UK for me to visit, if I can get to see them all?

thank you James.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 17:26 on 4th October 2008

Hi James and a warm welcome to the site. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pics! They really are fantastic.
Here's a few onsite links to the places you mention:

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Leicestershire/Leicester/Bradgate_Park/pictures

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Leicestershire/Leicester/Old_John_Tower/pictures

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 18:30 on 4th October 2008
Welcome James - I love your photos.

quote | editPosted at 20:32 on 4th October 2008
Hi James and welcome, your photos are great.
L
L
quotePosted at 20:35 on 4th October 2008
Hi James, welcome from me too.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:49 on 4th October 2008

Welcome from me too James....glad you made it! We really are a friendly bunch on here, that is apart from Peter E....he 's barking, as well as ugly! All in good fun of course because Peter and I are great friends even though we have never met (don't think I want to meet him in person really, he might deck me for all the abuse I fire at him).

Pictures Of England.com (POE) has so much to explore, including lots of history which seems to be an interest of yours. Then there's the fabulous pictures which will take you years to look through! Anyway, enjoy the banter James and join in when you can. Oh, and by the way when you go on holiday book your hotel accommodation through POE and get it cheaper than going direct to the hotel! It gets POE a small commission which helps to keep the website running.

quote | editPosted at 22:09 on 4th October 2008
Thank you so much for the picture comment James, I can't wait to see more of your photos.
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 22:23 on 4th October 2008
Hi James!  Bradgate park is a fantastic place, i live about 30 mins away, been there quite a few times. Welcome to POE.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:15 on 4th October 2008

Welcome to the fourm and to POE, James.

I will have to check out your pictures, and with your comments on nature, I'm sure I'm going to like them.

Join us here on the forum and have some fun. We look forward to getting to know you.

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 23:32 on 4th October 2008
Hi James, welcome from me too!