Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

All Saints' Church in Ryde

Ryde

in the county of Isle of Wight

Tunbridge Wells

Tunbridge Wells

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello everyone, I'm from Redruth.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 02:45 on 11th June 2008
On 10th June 2008 16:44, Andy Edwards wrote:
You really must be more careful Denzil. I for one have missed you very much!

Not as much as me, Andy, not as much as me.  Smile Glad you like the N. Yks shots.  It's really like heaven up there.

Lyn and Peter - that's very cool!  I would have loved to have heard you play, Peter.  Do you sing too?  We have an old rock star in our town too - Alice Cooper. I see him around from time to time, but not performing.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 07:10 on 11th June 2008
That's great Peter!! I had a friend who absolutely loved their music and I sort of got into it myself....although I'm more of a Floyd and Zeppelin fan really. And just to keep up with you lot, I feel like I'm still 18 too, if only my body would go along with the idea!! Ruth, Whitby is only an hour and a half drive from where I live, Debbie and I go regularly in the summer...and we usually stop off at Goathland (Aidensfield in Heartbeat) on the way back.
L
L
quotePosted at 07:39 on 11th June 2008
On 11th June 2008 02:45, Ruth Gregory wrote:
On 10th June 2008 16:44, Andy Edwards wrote:
You really must be more careful Denzil. I for one have missed you very much!

Not as much as me, Andy, not as much as me. Smile Glad you like the N. Yks shots. It's really like heaven up there.

Lyn and Peter - that's very cool! I would have loved to have heard you play, Peter. Do you sing too? We have an old rock star in our town too - Alice Cooper. I see him around from time to time, but not performing.

Or me Ruth! Pheeww i'm glad you never asked if I sing, I'm totally tone deaf lol but love the music of Alice Cooper and Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin too, cant stand sloppy love songs though lol but Queen is and always will be my favouriteSmile
Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 08:01 on 11th June 2008
Queen is definately a favourite of mine Lyn, when they come on the radio you just have to start singing/dancing.  Well I do anyways. Ha ha
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 11:31 on 11th June 2008
Ruth, I used to sing but my voice went the way of my body, old and decrepit. lol. My taste in music is very varied. I like everything from classical, if its played on the guitar, to heavy metal. I love jazz and swing. Cant stand modern Rock and Roll? How can they call it rock and roll or R and B? I must be stuck in the 50s and 60s.
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 13:40 on 11th June 2008

Hi Peter,

It is interesting to know you play and sing (sung) I still do both on occasions, but not in public now I must confess.)

I have also got a banjo now and I can be heard playing loud discordant tunes on it from afar. I expect the noise pollution control jobsworths to descend on me any time now. lol. I have never had an ASBO, it could be an interesting experience.

Ray. 

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 13:42 on 11th June 2008
Is an asbo a Dutch banjo Ray?
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 14:03 on 11th June 2008

Haga andy

Thanks for your email.  I will reply of course. Great!!!!

Re the Banjo. Yes, you are right, an ASBO is a 5 strinLaughingged Dutch banjo. It was played as back up, when the little boy put his finger in the dyke to save the country from flooding. Unfortunately, said little Dutch boy could not stand the noise...Took his finger out of the dyke to stick in his ear....Result, Holland floods to this day.  Blame it on the ASBO.  There, I bet you did not know that!!

Ray 

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 16:11 on 11th June 2008
That's incredible Ray.
Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 16:29 on 11th June 2008
The travellers have a banjo its a great sound I havent heard the dutch one thouhg Mrs Tregallion likes the banjo to Paul just likes the organ I think Kevin howls at that rackett