Sheerness

in the county of Kent

Another Place, Crosby

Crosby

in the county of Merseyside

A picture of Kielder Water

Kielder

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Diana from Boston,MA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11 Next >

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 19:09 on 3rd April 2008
Hello Everyone,My name is Diana and I am here at the recommendation of my dear friends Ron and Anna Brind.  I haven’t had a chance to browse the forum much, but I’ve seen enough to guess that Ron is being his infamous self (love ya Ron)!First of all let me apologize in advance if I am in the middle of a thread and have to leave off for a while. I am very fortunate to have employers who don’t mind if I use the internet while working as long as it doesn’t interfere with my job, but occasionally I am called away. I spend most of my work day as an Administrative Assistant to the president and two other partners in a small, but prestigious architectural firm in Boston, Massachusetts.  If any of you have read David McCullough’s ‘John Adams’, or have seen the new HBO miniseries based on the book; I am in the heart of where many of the events chronicled in Boston occurred. After work I make my way home to a little place called Salem about 12 miles north of Boston.  Salem is most readily remembered for the infamous witchcraft hysteria of 1692, which in fact, only lasted about 9 months.  When I worked as a tour guide in Salem I rarely spoke about the “Witch Trials”, preferring instead to entertain people with the stories of Salem’s rich maritime history.In my leisure time I enjoy reading, mostly non-fiction, and it was my love of C.S. Lewis’ books that caused me to visit Oxford in the winter of 2005 where I met Ron Brind, who has since, along with his dear wife Anna, become very dear to me.In addition to my voracious reading habit, I enjoy lengthy debates around the dinner table with good friends (and lots of wine!), traveling, museums, occasional nights out to the theater, and interior decorating to name a few interests. Oh yes; I forgot to say that I am a serious AnglophileJI’ll sign off for now, but look forward to “meeting” folks on this forum.

Cheers!
Diana

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:19 on 3rd April 2008
May I be the FIRST to welcome you, Diana.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:27 on 3rd April 2008

I posted that really quickly, just in case any of our other more unsavory members wanted to get in first (I won't mention any names, let's just say Anna isn't one of them  )

All joking aside, I do welcome you sincerely Diana. What a wonderful introduction, I feel like I know you already. And what an interesting part of the United States to live in, with all that history (Salem Witch trials aside). I hope to visit there one day when I am not spending all of the family inheritance going back and forth to England.

We are looking forward to seeing pictures of your visit/visits to England (as long as Ron isn't in them) and hearing all about the C.S. Lewis tour.

L
L
quotePosted at 20:32 on 3rd April 2008
And may I be the SECOND to welcome you! Smile (at least i'm not last lol)
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:00 on 3rd April 2008
Welcome dear Diana to the very best website and forum on the net. I am so pleased to see you here. Already you can see there are a few here that try to beat me to the welcome, and indeed this time have succeeded. I just know you will enjoy it, although I warn you there are some funny customers within....see first, second, third posts and wait for the rest which I know will follow! Enjoy the wonderful pics of just about every town, city in England (and beyond). It will take you ages to look at the previous posts and the guestbook for example, but it really is all good stuff from a family friendly site. Can't tell you how excited I am to have a FRIEND within the forum at last!! (Only joking of course).
L
L
quotePosted at 21:52 on 3rd April 2008
ummm we read it the first time Ron lol
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 21:53 on 3rd April 2008

Hello and welcome Diana. I had to let Ron welcome you before me, he would only cry if I didnt. Nice to see that Sue and Lyn beat him though.

When Ron said, "Cant tell you how excited I am to have a friend within the forum at last". He wasnt joking. He really needs them. He he he. He picks a fight with everyone, and then cry's when when we retaliate. So dont feel sorry for him.

Please join in with us, and enjoy yourself.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:00 on 3rd April 2008
On 3rd April 2008 21:53, Peter Evans wrote:

He he he. He picks a fight with everyone, and then cry's when when we retaliate. So dont feel sorry for him.

Please overlook Peter's stutter. It is shared by several on the forum, mostly the men.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:01 on 3rd April 2008

Lyn

That happened because I refreshed the page to see where you lazy lot had got to! So remember not to refresh the page....ever!! Both you and I know that POE will have that second post deleted before midday tomorrow.

Peter

Well there's nothing quite like trying to get in with a beautiful young lady at the start is there? CREEP!! You be very careful what you say to Diana, or else!!

L
L
quotePosted at 22:11 on 3rd April 2008
I dont refresh the page Ron, I just hit the back button so I dont post twice......famous last words maybe??????
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11 Next >