Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Preston

Preston

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Help with Cornwal/Devon Drive, site entries, accommodation

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Anni Casey
Anni Casey
quotePosted at 05:14 on 22nd February 2012
Love your site, need some advice to help plan our trip from Australia and have a few questions. 1) We are travelling to Cornwall & Devon by car starting in Plymouth, out to Lands End, St Michaels Mount, Tintagel over to Stonehenge, Avebury, Salisbury then back to London Airport - is 5 or 6 days enough to cover the distance and see these places properly?  2) Is 2 days in London be enough to see the main sites (I realise I could stay in London a whole month and not see everything). 3) Is there a ticket we can purchase in advance that covers entry to all the sites? 4) Where is a good place to stay near Tintagel that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? (Don't mind if it's a 20 minute drive). 5) Looking at May - is the weather still cold there?  Thank you, we're so excited!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:37 on 22nd February 2012

Hi Anni and welcome to POE from Anna and Ron. I can't answer all of your questions but my opinion is that 6 days for the first part of your journey will be fine.

Two days in London is not enough time, but you have a good idea of what to expect. Two days is clearly not enough time to see anything very much, but I would target the bigger attractions like Buckingham Palace first, just so much to see and do, and places to eat (but generally expensive).

No matter where you travel to in the UK if you book your accommodation through this site you will get deals that are ££££'s cheaper than by going direct, and that is a FACT! Start by clicking on the links in the green area on the top left of this page, or the following link http://www.picturesofengland.com/accommodation/ and you will soon have thousands of places to choose from!

As for tickets to all attractions, yes there probably is a ticket available, although I personally don't know where it might be located. Perhaps other members of the POE family will enlighten you before too long.

Weather? Well you can expect rain anytime (except that we haven't had anything substantial for months now) more reason to think May will be wet, who knows? We are about to get a hosepipe ban here!!

Regardless of the outcome, time enough, or not, you will enjoy yourselves in the areas that you mention and will be the envy of many POE members. Good luck.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:22nd February 2012 15:40
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...