Kenilworth

in the county of Warwickshire

Dawlish promenade and red cliffs June 2009

Dawlish

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

Ely Cathedral from Palace Green

Ely

a Historic City in the county of Cambridgeshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Images taken on National Trust Properties

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 16:53 on 27th August 2018

I know many of us (myself included) have contributed images of National Trust properties to PoE. However, these images should not be marked 'for sale', since the National Trust has its own photo agency, and commercial photograpy is not permitted without consent.

I don't think the National Trust has a problem with images taken on their properties being used for private non-commercial use, so I am not suggesting that uploaded images should be removed, but for my own peace of mind I am checking all of mine to be sure they are marked as not for sale.

The relevant page of the National Trust photographic policy can be found here 

PS After starting this thread, I realised there was a similar earlier thread started by Paul Hilton here It is dated 2010 so I hope I can be forgiven for forgetting about this earlier thread !

Edited by: Edward Lever at:27th August 2018 19:52
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 12:26 on 30th August 2018

Thanks for raising awareness of this again Edward. We should have some more definitive answers on this next week, regarding PoE and NT images, as I've been in contact with them. However their Rights Manager is out of office until Monday.

Questions regarding the NT and images pop up now and then so it would be good to have something in concrete that we can point people to.

Thanks again

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...