Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hampshire Hog

Winchester

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of Todmorden

Todmorden

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

PHOTO INFORMATION

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:34 on 1st November 2013

Rod and Dave...you are both correct in what you say, providing the information added is without the need for us to edit.

All caps, no caps, incorrect spacing, a mix of everything and more, and sometimes all added where the title should be, rather than it be in both the title and description boxes.

One particular member, who never posts in the forum, continues to submit pictures that are on the skew, of the same area/subject many times over, with just different cloud formation, or different cars in the same streets, shops closed, the same shot of a rail station

I have edited his pictures for ages, have provided good examples of text in both boxes (after I have had to research them) sent him emails, and contacted via POE facility and still he persists. Well, enough is enough, if he won't take any notice then neither do I from now on, when he submits I delete them, I guess he will learn.

As for Chris and Sarah and the little bits of programming, well you don't always see changes, but they happen regularly and they both continue to work on the site whilst coping with the family needs. Little Ollie has had a few problems over the last 10 days, but after hospital intervention he is on the mend now, so you see unless somebody like myself actually comes in and makes a statement such as this, you may think we forget about you all, but nothing is further from the truth.

Hang on in there dear friends, we care about you all and trust me, there is a lot still to come here on the very best England website.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 16:28 on 1st November 2013
I like to provide some information, even if it's only a bit. Makes the picture more interesting, and I certainly like reading other peoples info.
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 18:49 on 4th November 2013
It is a shame that editing is done to correct submissions, because of the extra work falling to Ron / POE. Just deleting in those instances would, I think send out the right kind of message to those who seem not to be able to be selective with their own work. 
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 11:21 on 10th November 2013
Good point, Rod. I find that providing information for my pictures can be educational for me too. I often do a bit of further research just to make  sure that what I'm writing is not a load of rubbish.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:36 on 10th November 2013
Yes, I always check my maps when writing narratives to try to get the right names for all the fells. But even that is not guaranteed so I am more than happy for anyone who knows differently to put me right.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 13:13 on 10th November 2013
I agree with Edward, doing some research before writing the narrative can be very informative. It also prevents you from getting the details totally wrong. I've learnt quite a lot about my own area from checking maps.
 Please login to post to this thread...