Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Halifax Town Hall from Princess St, designed by Sir Charles Barry in 1859

Halifax

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of Bardney

Bardney

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Canon 450D

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Pete Rowley
Pete Rowley
quotePosted at 14:08 on 2nd January 2009

Hi everyone, happy new year to you all.

I'm thinking of buying a Canon 450D as I have lenses that will fit from another camera. Can anyone tell me about this camera, or better still, show me some pictures taken with one.

Many thanks Pete

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 14:27 on 2nd January 2009

Here you go Pete and sample pics included......

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos450d/

Besides any taken on PoE, if you go to Flickr, and put 450D in its search box, there's around 150,000  450D images to look at too.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:2nd January 2009 14:37
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 14:41 on 2nd January 2009
They're pretty good so i'm told, I use a Nikon, but to be honest i don't think there's a lot in it, people seem to get one or the other and then stick to that make, i've never heard anyone say bad things about the 450D. Like Paul says check Flickr out and search it, it'll show you LOADS of pics taken on one.
lurkalot
lurkalot
quotePosted at 17:59 on 2nd January 2009

450D,  not bad at all.  Some find it a bit small in the hand, but that is personal preference.  

Best advice would be to go play with the various models in the shop, and make sure it feels good.   Try navigating around the various menu's and functions.

Remember, the body is the cheap bit.   The most important is the glass you stick on the front of it.

Pete Rowley
Pete Rowley
quotePosted at 18:09 on 2nd January 2009
Thanks everyone - all taken on board. I have 3 Canon EF lenses that I'm told will fit, so maybe I should take them with me when I go buying.
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 21:29 on 2nd January 2009

They will fit and work on the 450D Pete, but also bear in mind the focal length will appear to have changed----by 1.6x longer--than what you may have been used to on a 35mm ( or full frame) camera, and with the APS-C sensor, it'll be looking through less of the lens too, with it's outer portions not being used.

And to take on-board Mick's point, I've seen photos from a 400D using L Series lenses that have been astonishing due to the quality of the lenses used.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:2nd January 2009 21:32
Mark Corby
Mark Corby
quotePosted at 15:03 on 16th March 2009

Look on ebay for old lenses and get an m42 adaptor. theyre cheap!! for instance you can get a 50mm 1.8 lens for about £10 and a 1.4 for about £50.You dont get any control though and will have to manually focus and set aperture. I have a  canon 20d and these lenses all fit and work with an adaptor get the 42mm screw thread and adaptor.if poss. Nearly all the old lenses will fit but dont quote me on that, about the only ones that dont are old canon FD lenses.Carl Zeiss are good but come at a premium price, pentax super takumur are good and you can sometimes get them cheap.Just make sure its the m42 screw fit and not some weird fitting.

Minolta rokkor m42 50mm @f1.4 seems a good lens youll need an MD adaptor though, theres lots of example photos on flickr wirth this lens on a digital camera.

Edited by: mark corby at:16th March 2009 15:30
 Please login to post to this thread...