Caister-on-Sea

in the county of Norfolk

Pack horse bridge

Wasdale Head

in the county of Cumbria

Cobham Mill, Surrey

Cobham

in the county of Surrey

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:01 on 9th March 2017

HI everyone, I put an new "ap" on my I-pad today...its' called an Adult  Coloring book and it's got all kinds of pictures that are mandelas to color., you can get other pictures subjects also..you have your choice of about 40 some colors, an you pick your picture...and the colrs you want to use, they can be changed anytime...and then you zero on...and start touching the screem for the color to appear in the pattern, if it's not big enough you take your fingures and stretch the picture bigger...you pick your bacground color also, can back track out of anything you don't like and I've been playing with it most of tonight as I watch TV. You can also send your pictures to anyone else you chose also. Interesting....one of those that's not an hassel to figure out either. 

My ears are highly ringing with Tintinitis tonight, rain storm incoming. Today was an slow day, I made pork tenderloin rounds for dinner tonight with gravy, and asparagus tips with my huckberry honey coating and toped with fresh Orange segements...and yams with Argave (not so sweet) , and toasted Rye Dill bread. Had all kinds of things in my head of what I should of been doing, like buying 6 batteries for the new camping lantern I just bought for $10 less  Watched the "Alaskan Bush people" tonight also. They were having an nieghborhood get together and talking about the trouble they all have with the bears in the area. How many homes they have broken into and scared the living daylights out of everyone..most all the men now have guns to protect them from them. I think they have problems because the bears have long claws and they can open up the side planking of houses like an soda pop can....it tears the siding right off the houses and exposes the interiot of the house. They enter an roam through everything. I still say thick log "stockade" or else electric wired house. So they get an good buzz if they touch the wiring. Other then that not much going on. Looking through old magazines on England and France mainly. Trying to figure out this paper tissue concept to ad to plain white plates, then you seal over it..let it dry. They chose printed blue and white tissue paper. Once it's sealed then you can use it in about any way. At any rate, long day so best go for now. My grandson just took an other part time job also daily..he's into an busy schedule now. Tomarrow is his band concert also. So will talk to everyone later on.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:35 on 10th March 2017

Well, I just went to the concert, my grandson surpised me, he bought himelf an new sport jacket that looked just realy spiffy...I was marveled at how nice he looked...and I think he enjoys looking nice also. Then we came home and had an small bowl of Caramel Pecan Ice cream, as I watched an bit of how they first started decipering the symbols and pictographs inside the pyramids and other buildings. Gave up on that to take the pain patches off the bottom of my feet and put them on the tops, in hopes there is an little left. I slept until noon today...I woke up earlier and ate some breakfast, went back to bed and slept 5 hours more. The storm came in, dismal gray inside the house and both kitty cats were near by sleeping most the day also.At least it looked like everyone was in some kind of hybernation mode around here.Sooooo...I guess it's time to try to go back to sleep again. I had forgotten but the end of March is "Spring Break" for the school kids. Maybe that's why I  heard the kids say they were going to the beach later this month.

Must get out tomarrow and shop for some groceries...I'm out of everything right now in the way of fresh fruit and salads and frozen meat....esp chicken.  So best go.... have an good day or evening. Talk later on.... 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:11 on 11th March 2017

Good evening.....was kind oif sitting down tonight after an painful day and hubby brought over his cell phone to me, and on it I read his conversation ot his brother's wife...that "Shelly" our wheelchiar bound grandaughter to his sister had passed away on Monday, they said of breast cancer. So I called Lorraine and we had an conversation. It appears the younger in the family were tellling each on facebook and spreading the news. She will be buried March 17th and Jerry callled Anne to get the details tonight on everything. I guess they have an lot o fsnow up  there so we will probably pay our respects next summer oif possible. When we were up there last summer we visited with her. They would like ot find her father "Rick Stevens" but no one has seen him in years on end now. Hubby's older sister adopted her grandaughter to raise her as an "foster mother"....and time goes on. I see her as floating up in heaven to say to her grandparents and mother on the other side, how she's  missed not seeing them and giving her love as she always did  to them. I have always worried about whom would take care of her if we had an planet changes that might be without any help taking care of her...for she lived in her wheel chair daily...unable to walk, unable talk normallymost the time...having to be fed.llast summer intraveinously. AS I say, time moves on.

I got my grocery shoppin done today. Didn't buy an lot, but enough to get me through the days ahead.  Grandson over here now to go wiht Granpa in Scouts tomarrow morning.

I feel an saddness and yet an kind of relief...."The best and most BEAUTIFUL things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt in the HEART" ....  I go for now as my doctor told me many years ago that I can not get emotional about things that happen in life I can' t do anything about..it's not to my good health either. So I will remember the fun times and caring times we had...... and leave it at that for now.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:14 on 13th March 2017

Well, didn' t make it to Kenny's" life of celebration" today either...just simply in to much pain. So hubby sat me down and wrappped my feet in some of the gel pain releiver, and we went out later on in the day to the River...Columbia River, ducks all over everywhere in it, and it's no small river right now with the snow melt going on. watched this guy  flying his small kites..six of them in patterns in the sky. Nice warm day, but over cast also. I tried walking 6 houses around here an it was to much. I was reading weight watcher's.... an old book that said you need to walk 10 mins for every 6 hours you sit, to keep your leg circulation going properly. I was using both crutches.  Someone was with me this afternoon, letting me know they were with me, and causing my I-pad all kinds of mistakes going on "out of the blue to more or less say....I could feel their prescence here.  Grandson spent an night an day here also.  I finally got the six batteries for the new latern I bought and put them in it and it's now in the cat trunk. So I pretty much have all the essentials now. While I was out "walking" I saw our resident "EAgle" flying up above across the street, probably has little "eaglets" by now. So graceful...feel such an kindred spirit to it.  They were here when we moved in some 39 years ago...one time at Christmas before we built  our back patio in, one landed on the edge of the fencing around it, spread out it's wings and took the entire space up...it was hungry and dropped in because i was feeding the birds. I will always remeber the wing span of those feathers when stragiht out an ready to fly...just awesome to see so up close. So majestic. Well, I go for  now, busy week this week if I get to doing what needs done. Will talk to you all later on, yes, spring is here!!!....full week of 50 degrees or better...tulips are coming up and trees are budding out nearly. Talk to you all later on, buy yourself some daffodils.... so it seems like "Spring" over there also!  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:22 on 13th March 2017
CAR trunk, we don' t own an cat trunk. ...hum BTW..,you have all heard about this magic spell to removed Donald Trump from office...it's an binding spell they say,you can read all about it in earthboppin.net in the spritual board, the thread is an long one as they bicker over rather it should be used or not. But supose to be done on the waning moon every month until he's out of office...hit the link provided and it walks through the ritual of how to do it. Not sure about this one.... Can't say I've ever heard about it before now.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:25 on 14th March 2017

Good evening, another day of sleeping all day so nothng got done in the house, my hubby acting  like an ass at tthe moment, but that's not unusal...would like to know what being an real tight wad is...it's not spending $29 so we can work on the house and get it ready for this summer...which means as usual...if I want it done I'll pay for it myself and do the work also, but gee...he wants to call it "his house" also.

All the TV shows I use to watch are now off the air until next fall...not good watching tv these days....I really don't care about repairing cars, fishing for tuna out in the ocean, drugs and dope, cops and sex and prostituion... nor HItler either...he killed me in my previous life, and the list goes on and on. These shows like the fishing should all be on animal planet, and the car thingy needs thier own channel these days...there's very little on tv dealing with craft projects like their use to be, and they weren' t costly. How else you think I learned about picking out river rocks in various shapes and painting them for an Christmas villlage or outside landscaping decor, for the most part only the paint was needed. Or making an old wheel barrel into an water feature. It's raining here, and has been all day long, I look at my cats and they sleep all day long also when it's raining.  So, guess I'll go fall asleep looking for something interesting to watch. Talk to you later on......

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:26 on 14th March 2017

Am in here early today for me, but thought I'd tke an break and have me some slim fast protein drink and it hashunger control in it also, so carry me through for dinner time maybe.  I'm down 70 pounds now, under 200 pounds and so far keeping it off and going an litle lower.  Raining out now, so glad I was brave adn with my crutces again walked an short ways. Would like to get into something on that every day, if but only an little ways. Picked up my bills, and so far holding them in check, not getting them lowers as I would like, but never making them higher is "OK" also.

Sitting here an looking out the window, everything looks mucky outside right now, but all along the east coast lots an lot of snow falling, and Ontario, Canada just had an 30 vehicle pile up, also hazzardest spill of some kind also,,they show an nice picture with all kinds of big trucks jack knifed on the road. Things are pretty well closed down from Massachusets, through Washington DC. and saying ti will be Thursday before it leaves the area.  6,000 flights are also cancelled right now if your trying to travel.

Here in Oregon, I am waiting to hear what cause the big crack in the ground that closed route # 213 near Molalla and wished they'd told if before you get to the town or after you leave it...makes an difference...as after you leave it not to far is the old epi-center for the "Spring Break Quake" years back. They were suppose to go out and do some testing today...maybe by tonight they will tell us what they found.  WE are having an silent earthquake mode going on in the PNW...covers hundreds of miles, but it's been most noticable around the TAcoma, Washington area. It can affect eastward to Mt. Hood and way down south around Salem, Oregon also. It's usual pattern has been every  year about this time.You did set your clocks up one hour ahead last weekend didn't you?...Near the word "Spring".

WEll...... guess I go an hop in the bathtub an soak my bode in some kind of Bath Salts maybe. I have several different kinds, and I need to send flower off for the funeral here shortey for michelle, I was dreaming they'd be white roses, lilies and pink carnations, but we will see what others have in mind....and those Easter Baskets finished for  the little kids to be delivered also. So will go for now..... and hope you are having an good day today.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:51 on 16th March 2017

WEll, tonight isn't the time to be plalying card games on my I-pad...so thought I'd come in...I went and got flowers for Shelley's funeral services this Friday and had them wired to her....spent all day long with frequecies in my ears just driving me crazy...acutally for the last two days, keeping me from sleeping also, so when morning comes around and whose ever doing this needs their sleep, they shut things down....I fall off to sleep myself and sleep into the afternoon most the time, kind of little naps sort of...but it stops me losing weight at the same time, in fact, I've gained 2 pounds....so for breakfast I had one fresh orange and one egg on an piece of toast, for lunch I was hungry having went to go get the flowers and all, so I had just one can of progresso chx noodle soup wiht crackers...fell asleep....got up and had one piece of pizza cut into two and 4 ozs of skim milk,,,,late dinner turned out to be an 6 inch turkey subway sandwhich and baked chips from Slim fast.  5 calorie glass of diet cranberry juice....and I'm maintaning the 2 pounds I gained. No mercy at all tonight for me. Shelly makes the third one to have passed away recently I know, relative, neighbor, and uncle to an freind I grew up with.....Shelley was mid 40's, kenny was 57 and friend's uncle was 68 years old.  To much of that going on these days. President Trump....looks like he';s years older for going into office here lately...I think after the first 100 days is over with he should take an couple days off....where people can't bother him also. He looks very depressed to me, but they fight him essentially for little much more then to bitch...sorry, but when people are doing things that don't make sense...it's bitching. 

Rained here today, and we now have 2 inches more rain since October then we ususally do all year long...flood watches are up now also. At least 5 rivers they are watching right now. Saturday is suppose to be an heavy rain day here also....not that we need it.  Sunday it finally clears up for an day.

I guess I go to bed, not much to do and hope whomever sends these frequesncies out would stop it.  Stress contributes to an lot health issues that are not good at all. I did work an little bit on teh easter baskets I'm making though....so go for now and hope tomarrow is an better day. With this funeral going on Friday, it kind of does St. Patrick's Day in around here. Maybe Ron can get out to the pub and have an drink for POE  this year. Talk to you later on....Have an good Day.  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:05 on 18th March 2017

WEll, the Irish beer flowed throughly in Portland today, everyone was celebrating, though some were not....because they didn' t have someone to celebrate with. So many are probably still celebratng right now also. I slept considerably off an on today, but we went out to dinner for St. Patrick's day...locally and I had my Salmon. my salad with Blue Cheese dressing, my grilled veggies and an roll, tried to get so Key Lime Pie and they wre out of that so I had Coconut Cream instead and coffee. The calories were accounted for befoew we left for dinner.

My vintage Easter baskets are finished and ready to  be delivered tomarrow....hope all goes well on that one also....Some kid gets one that is happy with everything in it.  So my sister will be over tomartow early so we can drive there, and  I guess I had better get going for now. Spent some time tonight cleaning up my bedroom, it sure did needed it. Talk later on...enjoy the weekend.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:21 on 19th March 2017

WEll, got the baskets delivered this morning...so am done with that one.My sister is missing her key, we looked, we can' t find it. Enough said? I refuse to get in depth in her pants to look any more because she wet in them, they stink.WE checked the pockets. took out the keys we found and made an long trip to her place to hand those back. WE threw the pants out. They were also covered with tons of lint. I made her take them off and replaced them with an new pair before we got to the motel...as it's an high quality Inn. She's crazy.... and always will be I think.

II think we  just raped the world over with Trump not going to back medical research....and how they do that over here...is they do the required procedure which most people can't afford, and turn it over to their health insurance...as l it's listed as "resarch porcedure" it's paid and then written off by the health insurer on thier taxes for expenses....but tthey have to prove that there was an change for the better in the patiet's health or Obama had the right to invesitgate tthe procedure used and fee's charged. He just struck it all out the door saying he's not paying for any of it any more...which means we are headed back to the ancient ways...doctors will be refusing to do any researchr work to find cures....because they themsleves haven't the money either. I take it he doesn't know about this...and may of only scrapped it because it was an Obama thing. He has already threw out 14 million peopleuse to have health care costs paid. What next as they say.

Heavy rain day earlier, suppose to be clearing up here soon..let's hope so...Columbia River is high enough eveyone is watching it.  I thas flooded some of the lower parks near by, sending water lines up past picnic tables.  I go for now, everyone recuperating from ST. Patrick's Day. Talk later on.