Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:41 on 2nd February 2017

Good evening...I see my post was trashed up above so you can'  tbarely read it. I've been in earthboppin with JOhn L talking about an bit of  everything...he lives here in POrtland. I think over on the west side closer to Beaverton or Tualatin maybe.  We use to have" grits" as part of our group also, but she taking care of her handicappped neice and getting ready to retire and is busy right now, and kind of dropped out of things there. I could stand to discuss some things with her also...she's into history.. JohnL says he'd like to know more about the "Gold" in Asia...and hard subject to research....with an 3,000 year old history...I think they dug it up long ago and made statues for thier temples.

This text tonight is very little and tiny of all things. You know..caterpillar sized. Maybe whomever up above changed an few things around last night while trashing everything else.  I just got done with watching this week's episode of Alaskan Bush People...their oldest son decided to leave home. They are out in such remote territory on an land claim,.. they need all the people in thier family plus in ways to build and maintain an life there. Living off the land of course. But they do show the intelligence of survival in today's world also. The last show they were putting an metal roof on thier home...lodge sized at that.  They have to get most of thier things from an town dump for thier building materials...their electrical grid when finsished will be wind mill inside and old city  phone booth. I await to see how they each build their houses... and hope thier oldest son comes backs and at least visits.

I found an smoothie receipe using vanilla protein powder and sugar-free jello...less calories  then would be even fresh fruit....less costly also. So I go now and hope I can get to the grocery store before the snow comes tomarrow. Talk to you all later on. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:48 on 2nd February 2017

Hi Shirley, it's been a while since I was here in the forum due to family matters taking up some extra time and so as yet I have not caught up with your posts.

I trust you are well and looking forward to your new President Trump. He seems like he means business and I can only hope our next PM will do the same.

I see from your post above that the snow is with you, is that normal for you at this time of year?

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are. Has anybody heard from James, hope he's okay because it's been a while since he was here and/or on Skype, very worrying!

quote | editPosted at 07:59 on 4th February 2017

Glad to see you here Ron...yes, it has been extremely busy here lately...but it feels like some of it is kind of slowing down to normal  pace again....Yes. Trump...you know I'm not that much farther from my birthday then he is his, so we tend to have lots of simliar "vibes" going on. I found my book for correcting my painful leg problem, second day out and the pain was gone...but having other werid stuff going on....I don' t know who would want to program me, but I can tell they are trying too do it again...it resulted in bad vibes the other night and then some. Scared me so badly got up and turned on every light in the house. Just to make sure there wasn't anyone here.

Today us y sister's 70th birthday....and I invited her over for dinner and sleep over and maybe breakfast out tomarrow moring before she heads for her place again. I take my hearing device and not use it many times when I'm here by myself, and so it was about the time she said she was coming over...I tried to call her...no answer, so thought maybe she was headed here, better unlock the door. Opened the door and there she was sitting on my front porch under the canopy that the wind trashed last night....nearly sitting in ice herself. I guess she'd been out there fo ran half hour trying to think of how to get my attention....she looked cold also...I told her the next time to go over ot my nieghbor's house and have them call  me on the phone...as it lights up when it rings on the TV set as well as on the stand next to where I sit most the time....so we spent some time with warm tea and getting her unthawed today. The sstreets were supposed to be unthawed by the time she got here....but she said that theywere an sheet of ice all the way over to my house. This morning there was an car/truck pile up on one freeway, on another an huge truck went over the guard rail  on I-84 and over an drop off, and hit an tree and stopped, but at least he missed going into the Columbia River by just an small ledge at the bottom of the drop off, trees fell down also, and cars and trucks were shown walltzing all over the place on the news...schools were 2 hours late or generally closed.I think it surprised everyone when the ice didn't melt like they thought it would eariler. Lot of people fallling down also. Anyway, bundled up sis in an all white fax fur blanket and put her in the reclining chair...coughing up an storm out of pure stress I think. By the time I made her ..her birthday dinner....and she had her mineral bath and washed her hair, and crawled under and electric blanket...she wasn' t coughing any more, though she feel asleep and hubby made her an fire in the fireplace before she took her bath. So she got some pappering done for herafter the door opened. She also got an slug of pills to take for her health also. Zinc for her cold, Vitamins and mineral pills, 2 cups of Camoiile tea to relax her and warm her up..beef broth in the Japanese style dinner I made her...actually was an Paleo dinner....stip siroin steak pieces, small chunks of sweet potato, small bok choy pieces, and terriaki noodles with mushrooms on top them and fresh tomato quarters, in an beef/Soy broth...and Pecan Caramel Ice cream for desert. I could of used the deep fried shrimp with sauce, but we were running late to go pick it up at my favorite Chinese Resturarnt. I also gave her all day long my special bottles of water...9.5 PHthe Hydrates your body along with Flax seed carrot raisin mufins special made healththier also. Thsi water is ionized Alkaline water. Only one natural store sells it here in town. So..we see how tomarrow goes I guess. Shari's has an steak breakfast special I thought she might like going out to try. I know she will leave tomarrow, cause she has church Sunday most the day. Then comes dinner with Joyce and Randy.... and the Superbowl Football game.

That's my whole weekend, you see I told you things have been going rather fast here lately. But supposedly no more bad weather..... and I think everyone' s ready for that one. We are generally doing good if we have one week of bad weather with maybe 3 or 4 inches of snow, that melts quickly....this winter has been something else...more like they have back east.  Bad enough some place has been open to help people cope with heating bills in the area of 100 to 200 dollars adnormallly high this year. It's not to often, if ever...that I am stuck in my own house for 13 days in an row because of the weather....then I left with hubby..... cause we needed groceries....and came back straight home again afterwards. So the month of January left, with having lost 7 pounds...reading 850 pages in four books, taking down the Christmas decorations mostly by myself,...and getting an outrageous electric bill. I have now lost enought weight, my wedding ring is trying to fall off my finger, so I finally took it off but I need something for an replacement also now.  I guess I'll go looking around here if things get better outside.

I go for now...hope your family matters got resolved satisfactorily. Watching "Trump"...it leterally leaves you with an case of leadership jitters, first everyone says they need an wall... now they don't want the wall... but something needs to be done about the illegals...so let's all "sue" the President....I doubt it  helps the situation any.  The whole thing is simply crazy to watch what's going on in ways.

Oh, after going to Winco for groceries....I had to go to another store, well, here's this homeless man standing on the corner asking for  money for food...icey cold wind outside, he should of been in an warming center...but no, he's on the corner and he stepped down to the street because I've given him and another guy before "Pop top" soups from my trunk to heat up and crackers and candy bars in year's past, he apparently recongnized me....so I go to the other store and on the way back, stop at taco bell and get him soemthing to eat....so I'm at the corner signal light and he's across the street still begging for help, so he goes to this black car with two ladies in it...holds his sign up and gets down on his knees asking for help...they take this empty plastic bag....and start hitting the window at him to get away from them....so he gets up and goes over to  the corner and they take off quickly to get out of there....so I turned the corner, made an u-turn, and gave him 5 dollars and an "big box" from Taco bell with three different entries and nacho chips and an drink. Guy two cars back also hands an bill out his window...and I left, and I told him it was to cold to be outside, go some place warm...he left. I left and the world isn't any better with those two ladies in the black car. I suppose they go through life never helping others in need...hope not. I go for now and finsish off my weekend....have an good day tomarrow.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:20 on 5th February 2017

Well, sister took off to her house and if we get snow and how much is still pretty unknown, other then it should fall at the 1,000 foot level or above.... and downtown Portland is at sea level. WE go out to breakfast tomarrow morning with Joyce and Randy...so probably try to get to bed earlier tonight...and besides, not to much is going on, raining and alls melted out on the streets right now. Thinking of reading an bit more in my Paleo book maybe also...keep my mid focused on the diet. Nothing wild going on around here on an Saturday night. .I watched these people install their tv set downstairs so it would go upstairs and outside on an roof top patio on an electric pantry shute in an cabinet made for it on the roof top, nice...turned out very well. They had an livingroom set up on the roof also to relax and watch it and I noticed palm trees, not to much rain there..... where ever they were at.

I'm reading that baby bump for baby three is due to pop next month perhaps...but Price William is declaring Kate's health comes first these next several months over work agendas.  She says she don' twant any more babies after she's 35...she's 33 right now, but says there's a risk as you get older... she'd like to avoid. Smart woman.

So guess I go  for  now, talk later on....have an good week everyone.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:09 on 7th February 2017

What a day today......I spent this aftternnoon on the phone, I finally answerd the phone call from "anonmous" which 'turned out to be an man said he was from Publishers clearing house telling me I had won $10 million dollars...and all the details involved...but...there' s one stimulation, after they hand me the money...and an receipt,,,I have to send this other person $1,999.  So checking it out at the bank...they said "Scam"...Let them give you the money first and then come in for the so callled "registration" money....they can send it by wire in an few minutes. Five other people have told me the same thing...."internet scam possibly".....so I leave it for today. But it leaves me sadden because he sold iimself quite well for an possible scammer. It left me with the feeling that others think I'm not good enough to win anything in big money like that also. I'll let you know if the TV trucks show up and I'm given an check though...hubby thinks he will call me again probably an couple times and he said to hold firm, money first and ashier's  check later on. I can not tell you how winning money this time in my life would be an absoute "God send" for us also...let alone to be me that wins it. For when I was the executive, we were barely allowed the benefits of everyday people being women.  So it was, my glamore in my career was money wise "pauper's pay: in so many words.

Other then that...washing all my bed linens so guess I better go an attend to them if I want to go to sleep tonight.

Have an good day tomarrow everyone....talk later on. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 21:17 on 7th February 2017

It's trying to snow here right now...slurries, more must slides in west Portland, had an really big one yesterday besides another that had recently happen. Legs hurt me also today...I took some extra potassium, as I'm being told it this could be an possible definecency in it.  I've had simliar problems before on that one.

well, the excited of yesterday is pretty well over  on the big winnings so if it was true, it would indeed be an real surprise to me.  I've had 7 people now tell me its probably an hoax. So goes I guess. Easy come and easy go, but they asked me to stay home for an few days.....and that's an hard thing fo rme to do. They said if they drove up tomy home, they needed to know I'd be there. So, I am should I stay home or should I go about my business now.

You know I saw an black jaguar recently...I think something from beyond....and suppsedly an guardian over me also from an Shaman's point of few....telling me things I need to know...though I consider anything these days an possible message generated by someone else. In this case I was reading an excerpt from someone looking fo rthe John Smith legagcy came over and ran into Pocahantas. It comes from an "Smith/Hiatt" association. It basically says that they can' t find any information on him....to determine if he's an relative. But everything being said seeme to indicate maybe they were an "Whyte" name and it got sonstrued to "hiatt" instead. What it eventrually boils down to is an "Grace" name mentioned and the letters I.O. and for some reason I am wondering if this Grace wasn't an former wife of Rev. George Lawson...I think it's his son or grandson came to Jamestown in it's early years. If I remember....I. O. stands for Jesus also. Guess I would have to research it an bit more, but I could not leave information to this person concerning what I knew might be of help finding an connection. So goes.

Burnt yesterday's dinner being on the phone for so long talking to this guy callled me, so am working on todays dinner right now....tonight is scout night...it's an busy time for us. Besides the "Treasure at Oak Island" comes on tonight also.....getting closer all the time now. Talk to you all later on....not suppose to snow to much, flurries off and on and then the weather clears up and toward the end of this week, maybe some warmth and sunshine finally.   

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 21:29 on 7th February 2017

Oh,  on the geneaology of "Grace" up above....Ancording ot the Comp of American Gene. series book the Smith name was and female Lawson name....and that would be true if she was Grace Lawson. for rher first marriage.

I have an doucument where she was callled in after his death to return some church altar candles after his death, and this George was in mention to the "War of Roses" and was basically on the run for survival...and at the same time many of the Lawson's were banished from England by Henry VIII....including Percy's Warham/Larkin/ and Howard family. Could be why they can't find thier Smith family in records...they were all destroyed.  Only reason I have this document is several of his good (and powerful) friends went to bat for George when they confiscated his belongings...and church also I take it.  His obituary says he was an well loved man by many people for his manyacts of kindness he provided others.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:36 on 8th February 2017

Just an short bit more on George...I find he was an tmeplat knight in his earlier years, and it looks like his friend  was Sir William Ross of Roslyln chapel...he apparently went to Scotland with him and he was said to been carrying part of the cross of Jesus's Cruxification.  The Geroge Lawson I have over here arrived very early with the help of one Jer. Dodson...who more likely was an "Hobson" I looked over somr rather interesting information of thier connection earlier today. I also went to "Whose Who of Tudor Women" to find some ties with the women there also.

Watched "Tresaure of Oak Island", had to go to the bathroom and came back with them appparently have dug up some chunks of gold. They mentioned and Raph Sedley/Sudley sent over to the area for the Templar to bury treasuer also.  But they said tonight it's known there's Gold on the island, over the years 31 tons of it have been mined. They also said there was in FRench tonight suggestion there's in all.... 7 different spots of buried treasuer appparently. Also that the compass points to Oak Island in an very" Templar"  orinetated direction. 

I was reading some more in my "Pain Free" book and the excerises they want you to do in it also.....Interesting,as they say we can so easily throughout our day move our body in little ways to stop the beginning of most pain. The excerises are very simple ones also....things like staring at the ceiling to elevate" balancing" problems.

Brothers "ex" callled me to night fo ran favor...she said my brother was in the hospital the other night but didn't say from what...but she wants me to go to the store and get him some "Limited Edition" chocolate/Strawberry Oreon cookies. I sent hubby to do that, he said out fo two stores he hasn't found them as of yet. Maybe I go tomarrowto the store she suggested...if I can walk.  Felt better having taken the potassium though today. Evr so once in an while I lose my balance, and it if were not fo rmy entire house being one hand away from everything, I'd probably fall...but I stand up and go to move and do this wanting ot walk on the back of my feet instead of on the front of my feet and I end up stumbling backwards, as I holdl on to things to get myself straightend out going ahead. I was reading in the pain book tonight that is because, I'm having muscle issues...but also that the eyes, and ear canals and the head, positon has much to do with it also....with the eyes trying to over-ride the signals. He says all it takes is the head fallling ot the left or to the right to much.  People go to his clinic suspect maybe they have an tumor or brain problem to find out what they really have is unworked head muscles. It can be as simple has not having an proper pillow to lay your head on. So he has ecerises to do to stop it. He claims way before you feel pain or are sleep deprived, you most usual have an problem with how your doing things daily...need to change your routine.

I guess I go to bed, though wait it out 25 minutes so the picture puzzle on the I-pad changes over to tomarrow's puzzle......I like doing them, simple and short...and takes the day's activites out of my mind to sleep. Talk later on... 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 08:22 on 9th February 2017

Went to the store today for those cookies I mentioned yesterday...all I ran into is some new "Red Velvet" Oreo cookies, so I bought them for my brother, and then decided if he just got out of the hospital maybe some food that's easier to make for him would be nice also...so got him some steak cutlets, Beer Batter fish, twice baked potatoes, frozen green beans to steam, some new High Protein Italian Pasta, loaf of French bread, macaroni and cheese ,Progresso beef barely soup/chicken and noodle soup, crackers, an small chocolate cake with fresh strawberries on top, can of pears, can of fruit cocktail, bananas,  and some frozen cinnamon rolls with frosting to bake. I bought double portions of everything. I guess he went to the hospital having an severe allergy attack, they kept him for the day and checked him over and let him go back to his house.

While I went to the store today, I ran into "cold' heavy rainy weather I would consider to be survival type conditions needed, cause in scouts we would of said take cover until its over with..inside. It surprised me and I had to fight to keep the hood on my coat from blowing off my head constantly. I finally took off the scarfe on my coat and wrappped it around my head and tied th etop of the hood down. I wanted to go into the store and sit by an fireplace...which they happen to have in thier dining area...but didn't.. I spent most the day with three lights on just to see it was daylight outside..ot was so dark and gloomy outisde..We have two more days of this and it clears out, but leaving possible landslides in hilly areas and a lot of flooding.

My sister finally got her antibiotics this morning and was taking them, tellling me that she has an lot of phelm coming out of her now...so it means she's on the cure perhaps. I find it unusual when she went to her apartment she had this bad cold, when she came over here coughing and what not, after 3 hours she quieted down and stopped, after an mineral bath and hair wash and decent food and rehydrating water, lotions, potions and pills...she crawled in the top of my bed with the blanket over her and the electric blanket down below her providing warmth and slept 12 hours straight...then she got up and had one of my diet breakfast meals, with yogurt, raisin nut bread, scrambled eggs with fresh tomato, spinach and turkey sausage, and cheese on top, and fresh orange slices also. Looked great. Took her about the second day back at her palce... and she suddenly had this nasty cold again...I hope the anti-biotics finally get rid of it.  

Asked my granddaughter to stop by tomarrow on her way home from work, I haven't seen to much of her lately.

It's also the grand opening of the Sandy Goodwill Store also...brand new store at that. They generally go all out on this event and bring in extra nice things...giving away an new 48 inch tv also. So guess I better head in, while you all wake up for the day...talk later on. Be nice if we could go out for lunch tomarrow..  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 00:34 on 13th February 2017

Been busy last couple of days...but squared away on Valentine's days with my grandkids....three small "I love you"balloons in an small vase with white and red carnations....centerpiece, surrounded with an dozen frosted cinnamon rolls on one side..one dozen highly decorated small cupcakes in front, and an fancy decorated box of Stover chocolates on the other side. Happy VAlentines Day cause oldest grandson and hubby have "Scouts" that night. 

johnL.... in "earthboppin" is explaining to me how pulley's work and left me an link to read for the elevator idea I'd like for my house this summer.  It's basically an motor that pulls an mental chain back and through it, going up one side for going up and goind down one side for going doing...attached to an box to stand or sit in. Would have to have an strong motor though....but do-able.  Then I'd like to wrap it in an enclosure and make the side that opens down on the ground with an emergency ladder along side of it going up the house.  So I would probably need to find someone that could make all this. Get the permits necessary and what not else. Why they did not build them into two story houses already is beyond me.

well, an couple of phone calls and this weekend is finished...so guess I better get to them. Have an good week head," kiss" your special valentine...at least twice...if you get the chance...three days later it is my 51 wedding anniversary. Talk later on....