Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Michael & All Angels Church, Pinhoe near Exeter in Devon.

Pinhoe

in the county of Devon

A40 Ross on Wye

Ross-on-Wye

in the county of Herefordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 15:45 on 10th November 2016
Good afternoon to you all, hope this finds us all doing well.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:09 on 11th November 2016

Well, night number 3 out there protesting, but say..the elections are over with...time to give up unless he makes an mistake while in office that he's accountable for....kind of getting tired of the news media playing this up in ways also. Might be good tomarrow night that it starts raining. But anyway made an really good dinner tonight...Pork riblets so tender the meat fell off the bones...topped with Hickory beans, coleslaw and homemake biscuts with sugar free blackberry jam. Just the right portions to make one ymmmy plate for dinner. I was shopping all day today again, but finished off with sweaters for the boys and PJ's for all of them also....sissy included. These six gifts will be under their tree at their house. Macy's announced that the downtown store in Portland is quitting business...so I wonder if they will continue the Christmas Parade every year also. They still have an store at the Clackams Mall I think though.The Christmas Tree downtown arrived today also for Pioneer Courthouse Square....they will set it up and light it over Thanksgiving. So not to much going on now, time to chill out an bit and enjoy the evening....hubby took off to Round TAble(Scouts) to hand in the re-charting papers for next year tonight. That shouldn't take to long either. Would sure like to see some good times around my area?...how about all of you?  Talk to you later on...weekend is nearly here and time is going fast. I still have to go and look up the scientific reason why that is for Ron. It has to do with our thoughts out of sync. if I remeber correctly. Anyone heard any good Christmas jokes for this year as of yet?   Guess it's time to get going for now...have an good evening. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:49 on 11th November 2016

I think that's it exactly Shirley, they are now playing up to the camera's. The 'other side' need to recognise that you had a vote and they lost, just as here in the UK with so-called Brexit.

Definitely a case of too late, the underdog won so now get on with it.

I happen to think the US will be a better place for the Trump win. He may well have things to calm down somewhat, but hey ho, we shall see

Christmas joke? Not this way Shirley, but it's getting nearer day by day and that's no joke!

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 12:38 on 11th November 2016
Good afternoon to you all, it is always a good thing to be able to drop by and be amongst all.🍁
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 16:52 on 11th November 2016

Oh Ron, I wish before Trump opens his mouth on what he's getting rid of, he'd tell us what he's replacing it with for others....and stop the fear of an "parent" going to spank his kids. He had better take a look at his popularity also, cause 45 per cent of the nation did not vote in this election....of those whom voted, only about 23 per cent chose him, while the rest went to Hillay Clinton and the other two canidates running for the office. Last night here turned into an riot....when the protestors stopped the major freeway traffic and bus services, the Mayor callled out the riot police, and the people took it into breaking store windows and an Toyota car dealershipting dumpsters on fire...breaking car windows, they got tear gassed and 29 were arrested. This was not the whole city as others had "hug ins" to promote peaceful ways amoung city citzens.  I watched this one woman though as she climbed on the roof of McDonald's downtown and started doing an hooker type pole dance on the roof...perhaps because they like to park their "pot" stores next to kid's restruants to begin with....at anyway, she was out there shaking her butt into the crowd out front.... before they got her down.  "pot" stores were recently sactionized by way of  our local Goverment... in order to make them pay them income taxes, and forcing them to accept state regulations in order to run them.Rain is coming in, as it was an blazing red sun rise this morning.

For the most part people are starting to turn to Christmas, such as the Toy Drives in hope to get people into something else.  Christmas programs going on also.  Grocery stores smacked it into us but good on the pricing of turkey's but they were probably losing money last year as chicken has been less cost to buy. So it will be hard to help the church over by me with "free" turkey's this year...I was driving down the street with an Food Bank Truckat my side headed to Troutdale. But the Food Bank unless someone donated Turkey's usually only collects canned foods...not fresh meat. At my best, I could only donate maybe one Turkey...and that will cost me 30 dollars. ButI might do that as my sister gave me 60 dollars...buy them an turkey and give her back 20 dollars, and buy some yams for dinner...for her her contribution...as hubby said his boss would be giving us an free turkey this year...I hope it's big enoguh to feed 10 to 14 people.  My contribution is dinner here at my house. Without the free Hams and Turkey's...there goes my Christmas gift to my sister and brother thsi year also. My pay off in that was the 100 dollars spent at the store to get these items for free. So all of us could have an start into January with food to eat. A case of everyone helping each other though. I wonder what happeened this year to change things, cause anything the store loses money on, they can generally claim an loss on it and recover their expenses. Everyone but the consumer can write off their expenses.

So it is, I can now deliver the Toys this year to the kids for Christmas today. People were extremely generous last year in this area.  I can't find any Christmas puzzles out this year..zippo....I love to build those 100 piece small puzzles while baking cookies...but I can' t find any in the stores this year. Hubby and I have at one time had  a contest to see which of us could build ours the quickest...esp the ginger bread man, as we ate cookies just baked fresh from the oven.  They use to cost us an dollar per puzzle at the dollarama store. To bad they never made them small enough you could seal them and hang them as ornaments also. I guess I should get going, no, this gal is not going downtown to Portland with the riots...even if they stop...I finished things yesterday, except for the TV set for hubby and downstairs. I was hoping to enjoy Christmas this year ....rather then dodge rioters. Talk to you all later on....Have an good day!

quote | editPosted at 03:18 on 13th November 2016

Hum. lost my post when my computer just went out on me.....just went black completely. I am having communication problems going on....I've lost contact by way for phone now for three important calls, and fourth person my kids and the 5th, I've not heard if Judy received her Christmas boxes either.  Just an bit ago, POE was the 6th vicitm I just suddenly "lost" by way of computer.  Not much going on right now...and we do have rain out there, so guess maybe I'll get going...OH, lack of getting ahold of my sister was person number 7 earlier tonight.  Try this tomarrow, but I missed an really important business call on the 13th for Rich's Tree Service. This makes about four calls we have missed'trying to get ahold of each other. So will talk later on I guess. Today I got our "Turkey" for dnner in an week or so..they lowered prices also today. So let you go for now..enjoy your evening.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:16 on 14th November 2016

Hi everyone....well, Reddit.com/pics...is showing an open letter to Donald Trump from the American Civil LIberties Union saying they are fully staffed to see to it he does not harass good hispanic citzens, Gays, same sex marriage, and women's rights amoung others after he get into office. They said that they follow our country's consitutional; laws in doing that also. 

I am getting other reports from people in my area telling me they are having communication problems also last 48 hours....and the most powerful of "Super Moons" is strongest on Nove 14th...not only is is an big moon, it's the closest for th emoon to earth. Maybe our problems?....in the meantime New Zealand had an very powerful qauke this morning....some say up to an 7.9 quak..others lower...some that it was two quakes not one...so far only 2 fatalities, but lots of damage....centered north of Christ church If I rember rightly. 

I was out this morning finishing up an big box of Chocolate and an smaller one with Christmas decorated candies in it...for ALL the Parishioners of the church over here by me.  I will be done with helping them after I deliver it for taking care of my own needs for Thanksgiving, but may go to church services perhaps. I think they can make it now much better. Grandsons were here today also, but went back home...dark out now, stil have school to attend.I beleive they said Christmas VAcation starts the MOnday before Thanksgiving.  WE went out there so they could check out Black Friday sale ads....wich starts at 5 pm Thnkasgiving Day...so they asked for dinner to be no later then 3 pm. I'll send them home some leftovwers to eat...pie after the shoppin gis over with. Brand name 48 inch TV....$300 off....$199....I told hubby to go get one for the downstairs if possible. So rest time now...talk to you later on....have an good week!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:19 on 14th November 2016
See the problems in th epost above, none of them were there when I hit the post button.....sigh*
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:54 on 15th November 2016

Hi there, well finally heard from Judy..she got her Christmas boxes, claims I out did myself this year, but is enjoying all the gifts she received, sending loves and hugs our way.....and this makes the second time my hubby has come home to catch me sleeping....and he doesn't wake me either....sits in the other chair and observes me though before I wake up on my own.  Just finished watching the semi-finals of Dancing with the Stars...next week is "it" I guess. I am am a bit worried about my nieghbor being gone all day long today...today she was suppose to get her report on if she was going to have an heart pace maker put in....I wonder if they did...as they were gone early this morning...all day long....like one would if they were having day surgery. I can't tell if both cars are there todnight, but even if they were, I'm sure they wouldn't let her leave so early.  What ever is going on, hope everyone is doing just fine .I'm about to stay up tonight and start the last of the ornaments...the one for the Reverand and his wife. I went out today to get the necessary items I needed for it. Hope it goes well. So for tonight, I'd best get going...it may be an long night. First thing I do is make an template to use. Talk to all later on. 

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 15:06 on 15th November 2016

Good afternoon to all Poe People. all is quiet here in the Rockies, I trust all is well across the pond.

is it me or is another year gone swiftly by ?!?