Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Prezzo, Food Restaurant. Colchester

Colchester

a Historic City in the county of Essex

Carlisle Rail Station

Carlisle

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

We have a Job Vacancy

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 06:25 on 12th November 2015

I refer to the job of England Coach for Rugby and would love somebody to explain to me why we need to spend £millions on 'he who might get it right' when as with all games of sport you cannot win all games, all of the time. In other words sacked England Coach Lancaster should have been given more time to turn his luck around, because that's what it is 'luck', you either win the game, or you lose it, meaning that you become a statistic. Statistics make up the league tables and the league tables change so why go overboard with a statement such as 'new England Coach required, money no object'. In my opinion stupid, totally uneccessary and ultimately adding cost to the game, or put it another way lining someones pocket until the next time, disgraceful!

What we really need is for the 'win every match culture' to accept that they cannot win everything...Chelsea FC a good example, Man Utd FC, Liverpool FC and so on, they have all had their moment of glory and will be back in due course.

What say you members? 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:38 on 12th November 2015
It is the same in my sport "Rugby-League" --far too many people who dont know a thing about the sport interfering instead of letting the people who know about the game letting them to get on with it.Smile
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 19:09 on 15th November 2015

True winners tend to have a ruthless streak. The England Rugby Union performance was, by all accounts a shambles. Thank goodness I was away on holiday. Players win matches. In general terms "nice guys" make great losers. As a boy I thought the runner Gordon Pirie was great. He won, was not too popular, probably because he had that ruthless attitude. Not very English but a real winner. 

I much prefer Rugby League to Union (well I am a northern guy, just given up woad)  but that is currently blighted by poor referees. However, I love the sport and have had a St.Helens season ticket for a few years now. 

i'm rambling........Nurse!  

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:35 on 25th November 2015

It must be bad when we cant find an Englishman for the vacancySmile

Good choice Rod.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:54 on 26th November 2015

Wonder what sort of pay deal he got James?

Strikes me all sports men/women including the coaching/training staff are being paid far too much, and who is paying for it, us! Well, not me in fact because I don't go to matches, but that said indirectly it costs me in other ways ie television advertising. Time to wipe the slate clean, get rid of the payment medication being taken thus far and see how they get on then, it's all beyond a joke.

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 10:54 on 26th November 2015

In the English Rugby Super League, players get "ordinary" jobs after they retire. They seldom if ever pretend to be hurt, they get dislocated fingers fixed on the pitch, and obey the referees. They live in "ordinary" houses and drive "ordinary" cars. But then, a seat in the stands for the spectators can cost less than £20. I once stood in a long queue waiting to buy a cup final ticket, and free cups of tea were offered via a huge urn on a trolly,

In the English Premier Football League, not one of the above is ever the norm.   

Edited by: Rod Burkey at:28th November 2015 13:32
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:48 on 27th November 2015

Exactly the point Rod and if we can see it why can't others?

There is no need for the greed that projects itself as a game of sport. They all need to take a step back and see what they are doing to sport, killing it!

I think 'Prima Donnas' describes them well, meaning very temperamental persons with an inflated view of their own talent or importance!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 23:07 on 28th November 2015

Anybody noticing what Oxford Utd FC are doing?

Could this be the year they get promotion, I think so!

Phil Jobson
Phil Jobson
quotePosted at 10:58 on 18th December 2015
On 12th November 2015 06:25, Ron Brind wrote:

I refer to the job of England Coach for Rugby and would love somebody to explain to me why we need to spend £millions on 'he who might get it right' when as with all games of sport you cannot win all games, all of the time. In other words sacked England Coach Lancaster should have been given more time to turn his luck around, because that's what it is 'luck', you either win the game, or you lose it, meaning that you become a statistic. Statistics make up the league tables and the league tables change so why go overboard with a statement such as 'new England Coach required, money no object'. In my opinion stupid, totally uneccessary and ultimately adding cost to the game, or put it another way lining someones pocket until the next time, disgraceful!

What we really need is for the 'win every match culture' to accept that they cannot win everything...Chelsea FC a good example, Man Utd FC, Liverpool FC and so on, they have all had their moment of glory and will be back in due course.

What say you members? 

I agree Ron. It's the same here in Australia if a football team (i.e. Rugby League or Union, not Soccer, sorry) does not perform to expectations (i.e WIN) the poor old coach is given the boot!! Hello!! Why?!

It is not as losing a game is a Capital Offence!!

Get a grip everybody! 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:18 on 19th December 2015

Hi Phil. Nice to hear from you, hope all is well with you and yours.

I also mentioned Chelsea FC in the above post and once again the 'chosen one' so called gets the boot because of a losing run. Like I say above, you can't win everything all of the time.