Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What music do you like and why?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jackie123
Jackie123
quotePosted at 14:02 on 15th April 2013
Just me being curious...At the moment l love listening to Enya.l find her music so relaxing and lm always listening to it during the day. l think shes a very good song writer. l also like Clannad, which l was so happy my hubby took me to see a some years ago.  
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:44 on 15th April 2013
Big Springsteen fan, hence the avatar, been a fan since the 70's, also a big fan of Neil Young and the Glam Rock era in me still likes Slade and Roy Wood (Wizzard)
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:55 on 15th April 2013

Very eclectic love of music! Almost anything!  

At the moment I'm hooked on Blackmore's Night

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:59 on 15th April 2013

Artie Shaw,,Benny Goodman,Harry James,to name a few,also like Frank Sinatra Dean Martin,Don Cornell,and anyone who can sing. 

I dont mind some of Elvis,Ray Charles,but cant listen to the later stuff which does not appeal to me.Frown

Jackie123
Jackie123
quotePosted at 19:15 on 15th April 2013

l like Frank Sinatra too..went to see the 'Rat Pack' show a while ago and the guy taking off Dean Martin was very good.

lv just done some research about Enya that lm into at the moment and found out its a lady called Roma Ryan who's the song writer..l always thought Enya wrote her own lyrics.....still nice lyrics.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:34 on 15th April 2013
Oh i almost forgot   Frankie LaineSmile
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:22 on 15th April 2013

Tangerine Dream, Neil young, Iron Maiden, Rush, Sabbath and Purple, Jethro Tull, Magnum , Ronnie James Dio , Wishbone Ash , Free etc, Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre, Rick Wakeman / Yes-- the list goes on.  And like Cathy, Blackmore's Night goes down pretty well as well.

All are nearly catered for on Planet Rock, and at least with a Hi-Fi set up at work I can hear it over the noise of the machines at the back of the shop.

One of the things I often say is " I like my songs without words" that is Tangerine Dream for you and I also like tracks that are long, some limited to the side of a record in times past. And do not forget the concept album where a theme/story  binds the whole album into one entity.

Edited by: Vince Hawthorn at:15th April 2013 21:28
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:34 on 15th April 2013

Can listen to almost anything but much prefer rock, preference towards the Rolling Stones...been with them since the very early days. Could quite easily add loads to the list Vince has started. Needless to say from the Stones it leads to Blues and the likes of Muddy Waters and Howling Wolf. Janis Joplin....probably the best white blues belter that ever lived, unfortunately another talented life cut short, but she really knew how to put feeling into a song like no other white woman. I could go on and on but do have other things to do.........

Wish I could do Glastonbury with the Stones headlining...WOW!!!! 

That edit from Vince has just reminded me .....when I.m at home and playing stuff on the PC i have Absolute Classic Rock on DAB......never a repeated song through the day......

Edited by: Dave John at:15th April 2013 21:37
Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
quotePosted at 21:38 on 15th April 2013

Seems you & me have a bit more in common Vince .. ? Rush,Yes,Genesis are all old favourites of mine too .. seen them all many times. I can also highly recomend a fantastic Genesis tribute band called G2 who do all the early Gabriel stuff & are as good as the real thing.Just seen them for the 4th time last week.Remember Steve Hillage ?? 

Tastes vary as you get older & I like ambient electronica type stuff now as well like Ulrich Schnauss, Millieu, Flashbulb, Boards of Canada & bands like Snowmine,Cinnamon Chasers,Ochre, Abakus & Abyssal Plains.

Also love the musical scores of Thomas Newman. All of these can be found on you-tube if you get the urge ?

Jackie123
Jackie123
quotePosted at 22:31 on 15th April 2013
wow l must look up some of these bands, lots lv not heard of before.Hubby into rock type music &  years ago l used to go to concerts with him. No can do any more but he still goes to loads several times a month..Just bought his Black Sabbath tickets,l saw them yrs ago..Too heavy for me,but give me Genesis any day lol...