Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Close up of Fointain at Abbey front, Stapehill

Stapehill

in the county of Dorset

A picture of Waddington

Waddington

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "36"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 18:06 on 2nd November 2012

Lots of interesting reading above, thanks all!

Weather is quiet at the moment, whooppee!  But a wet weekend is promised!  Yuck!!

Hope you are all well and wish you a great day, evening and super weekend! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:30 on 2nd November 2012
Rain forecast here again to-morrow--not to worrySmile
Syd Harling
Syd Harling
Posted at 20:44 on 2nd November 2012

Hello James, you ok?

Rain forecast for here too. Grrr, we've 'ad enufff!Yell

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:51 on 2nd November 2012
Hi Syd  doing ok mate apart from a tickly cough-- and you??
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:38 on 3rd November 2012

Good evening everyone...well, the Holloween village hasn't been put away as of yet....but say...I bought myself my first Christmas present this year...an Bread machine...gotta do this buying when the price is right you know. My sister in-law said I could borrow her's.. it was an wedding gift she's never used. One at Walmart was $69...kind of pricey to me. Mine didnt' cost that much...but its an good one....Hamilton Beach.  I have the bread flour to get as of yet and might make some to take over to others in the family one of these days. I doubt I go into Bread baking...but some of these receipes sound good to me...like "Holiday Eggnog Bread"...reminds me of "Mitchie Tavern's" so called "Welcoming Bread" back in the 1700's...it's now part of an Inn still running back in Virginia. I figure when the hospital bills come rolling in here soon and I'm back to eating beans and rice...most likley....that maybe some homemade bread, good warm soup or stew and an crackling fire in the woodstove can help carry me through the New Year and Holidays. Gotta do something come when the Mayan Calendar turns another page here soon.

Talk about crazy driver's..tonight when we went out to pick up my grandaughter to stay overnight with us...there's this corner that's four way, but it's also an bend in the road more or less....so your naturally turning an curve as you come up to it...we had some bimbo pass uson the driver's side as we were all turning that curve. It's an busy road...we could of been hurt had another car been coming and this person had no way to know if there was an car coming. He would of smacked into someone straight on. I don't understand the logic of the diver's actions at all. Enough to want to make you eat your burrtio with red jalapeno's instead of green. We thank our lucky stars nothing happened.

Every year I buy something in the way of "angels" as I have an angel collection...this year's is kind of different....it's all the paintings ever painted of angels..it's listed as "Angels in the Old Testament".."Angels in the New Testament"....Secular Angels,..Angelic Musicians....and "Micheal and the Last Judgement"....I'll get into reading the book an bit later on most likely. Fantasic full color paintings though. Ever noticed that Mary always wears "blue" robes and Joseph always "brown" and I understand that most early christain "monks" wore gray. I best get going for now..do some "charting" on how I ate to much today...sighs*  

I lost most the "stictches" that were left in my mouth last night...so Iam feeling pretty peppy tonight. But I have that to take care of also. Have an good evening everyone.  

Syd Harling
Syd Harling
Posted at 06:30 on 3rd November 2012
On 2nd November 2012 20:51, james prescott wrote:
Hi Syd  doing ok mate apart from a tickly cough-- and you??

Same you James - tickly cough. Must be the weather.
Gonul
Gonul
Posted at 08:22 on 3rd November 2012

It's  lovely day here...a bit windy and sunny.So an ideal day for a walk.

Hi Syd and all.Hope you have a good day :)

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:44 on 3rd November 2012
Good Morning all    -a free day to-day no outside work-i may put the christmas decorations up in case i dont have much time later.Smile
Syd Harling
Syd Harling
Posted at 17:12 on 3rd November 2012

Hi Gonul and others. I had a good day. A good game of bowls this afternoon and now home for a quiet evening of telly.Doing ok. There was Storm which delayed bowls for a bit then it cleared and was a nice sunny afternoon.

Enjoy the weekend all.

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 19:05 on 3rd November 2012
Lucky us we have had a nice warm, sunny day - oh what a pleasure!  Good to see you all dropping in, hope you all have a great weekend!Smile