Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Rufford Old Hall, Lancashire

Rufford

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Who's for Tennis?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:52 on 15th October 2012

What a bad tempered, ill mannered 'look at me' spoilt bunch of brats they are.

They are supposed to set a good example for their sport aren't they? If you have been watching it, or at least seen the 'highlights' you will have seen them smashing their rackets on court.....because things didn't go their way.

B....y disgraceful, they should be fined, as should footballers who are forever spitting. Totally unnecessary in my opinion. No wonder the kids are walking around our Towns and Cities doing the same thing. Not something that my parents taught me so why does it happen?

Your opinion members?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Syd Harling
Syd Harling
quotePosted at 12:12 on 15th October 2012

I totally agree with you Ron. The people who set an example to the youth are doing a really bad job of it.

Bad behaviour on the sports field, or anywhere for that matter, should not be tolerated.

The "do-gooders" of the world (it started in the US) have caused a generation of ill-mannered louts by stopping teachers and parents from punnishing wrong doing.

The rot has reached SA now and the schools are becoming battle zones.

Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 14:16 on 15th October 2012

Personally I love tennis. My favorite sport. But smashing racquets is intolerable. Yes, Jimi Hendrix, the guitarist who died of dope in 1970 started the smashing of guitars and unleashed bad behavior here. Then John McEnroe was a bad example on court as was Jimmy Connors. But Pete Sampras was always a gentleman. And my favorites Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf were always good sports. Ivan Lendl was a mean brat but never smashed a raquet.

But not everything bad starts in the U.S. And we've taken steps here to stop this mad bullying craze. But I have to face the fact there has not been enough propriety in this country since the 1950s.

Anyway, how is Andy Murray doing? I haven't followed the highlights. 

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 14:20 on 15th October 2012
Regards Spitting, who saw the picture of the little 4year old girl in the Daily Mail today reprimanding her 2 year old brother for spitting, I thought they looked so cute, the dad put it on u tube.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:05 on 18th October 2012

Here I go again...going to show my "age"...how many of you remember during the so called "Cold War" with the Russians that Nika Krushev..(probably spelled the name wrong)...took his shoe off In the United Nations meeting and beat it on his desk in anger...been many years ago...but this kind of stuff has been going for an long time. Thank  God it was all he did though that  fateful day.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:56 on 18th October 2012
Overpaid 'prima donnas' in my opinion, and the violence in sport can only spill onto the streets of London and New York. After that it's game on for all...well he/she does it!
jc
jc
quotePosted at 15:46 on 18th October 2012

Good Day! Somelike Twenty years ago the ephasis of tennis was the talk over breakfast, remember the friends is heartbreaking! Enjoy the day!

Julia

Please login to post to this thread...