Bardney

in the county of Lincolnshire

Chichester Cathedral from  the city walls in Priory Park

Chichester

in the county of West Sussex

Kersey, Suffolk

Kersey

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Nice Profit or Total Stupidity?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:44 on 31st July 2012

According to the television news tonight certain London hotels have had to reduce their charges from £500.00 per night to £80.00 per night.

They obviously bumped up their prices because the Olympics was in town, and now they can't fill the beds, wonder why?

What a shame, I feel sorry for you, but you know what hoteliers you are no better than the greedy bankers who are getting their just rewards. The public are not stupid and will remember you, but not for the service you offer!

Serves you right you greedy b......s!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:33 on 31st July 2012
i see mr mc-cartneys payday was  £1million  not bad eh.Frown
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:58 on 31st July 2012

Are you sure about that James - the reports I saw say that they would only take 1 pound each and that was just to make the contracts binding. 

I presume you are talking about the Olympic Opening Ceremony? 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:34 on 31st July 2012

i have read it to-day cath--i will check it out --if i can think ehere i read it.

i just read about the £1 fee--but cant find the £1million storyFrown

Edited by: james prescott at:31st July 2012 21:20
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 22:42 on 31st July 2012
Yes, Ron, I agree wholeheartedly, I've just seen the TV news showing the deserted streets of London and the the reports of hoteliers slashing their grossly inflated prices. I am jolly happy that these greedy opportunists have had their fingers burnt. It made a grumpy old man very happy Laughing   
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 22:49 on 31st July 2012

I think it is stupidity - rather have full occupation at normal rates than empty at hugely inflated rates that the normal occupiers couldn't hope to pay!!  

The same thing happened here during the FIFA World Cup - it doesn't work!!   

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 23:14 on 31st July 2012
Stupidity is forgivable, Greed is not
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:38 on 1st August 2012

I think thats why the majority of things aren't selling these days, people have gotten to greedy...that and they have forgotten the word of "srvice" to their customers. I've heard reatil clerks say they don' tgive an dam if an coustomer is unhappy...they should be glad that they even speak to them..and I wonder why they think they are in business. Someone here awhile back told them that if they cut down on the people they hired, and raised rates/prices that they'd make the same money (profit) not having to serve as many people. So that's been the agenda...and of course people that can't afford higher rates can't use any of ther services for being to expensive. Plus if they go then to an less product, these people are buying inferior at the same price they use to get high quailty at. (China).The utitmate lineis theyeventually go "broke" for it all. But you guessed it, these CEO's knew where they would be headed down the road...they cushioned their income back then, while the going was good. So even I have no quick answers up my sleeve for fixing things most the time. AS we were taught in Business classes of my day that what is going on and has been is simply "bad business". We are backs to the days when there were two types of people, the so called European "businessman" and the "frontiersman" with basically "living off the land" or paycheck to paycheck. As long as they have the hispanics in town grouping up living together at low cost in any shed available...they get thier products out to market...when they get tired they will do one ot two things, either revolt and destroy our country or over take us...many are trying to do that politcally...esp the drug lords.. Nobody cares. Nobody has the money to care. It's one day at a time. Plus they also saw to it you can't go anywhere world wide and live for any less. Your either the priviledged class or an nothing.

But anyway...I went to the fabric store to get some fabric for an chair seat of an old dining room arm chair I had...think I mentioned it before(Tacoma Trash...recycled wood pieces in the 50's) The batting, the adhesive spray and the material came to $ 54.00...I saved $13.50.  By the time I get done, I could of bought an used upholstered chair I guess you know. Though it's true, it's still an over $100 chair or better bought brand new....and they are still making them these days. But I like to gasp at the price of the "on sale" fabric thse days.I see why everyone is going without and sitting on the floor. Yep, dad's right, all we really need is an table and an bed...but I'd like to think I lived in something bigger then an tipi....besides my "fire pit" is in the wrong place. The rocks were stacked an the end of the room.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:43 on 1st August 2012

I'm having trouble posting tonight...when I went into earthboppin. net...none of the posting showed up there...wondering whom monkeyed around with the web site and if it's coming back in again.

If it doesn't... will make web site number two I've been denied lately.

Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
quotePosted at 02:11 on 2nd August 2012

Hotels in London that inflated their room rates on the basis of the predicted massive influx of tourists dropped their prices because the very same visitors had been put off by the distorted costs.People refused to pay an outrageous price for a standard room.London is not as jam packed as they thought and there are more than 1080 hotels in London.

It is common practice for greedy London hotels.My wife and I stayed in a hotel in Kensington during the Queen's diamond jubilee celebrations and saw the hotel manager put up a piece of paper showing room rates had suddenly increased to 293 pounds a night.Fortunately,we had already paid for our room.

Edited by: Ken Marshall at:2nd August 2012 02:23