Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Marylebone, London

Marylebone

in the county of Greater London

Water Shortage???

Preston

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Bob Diamond - Head of Barclays is Laughing!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:36 on 1st July 2012

He was shown on a television clip yesterday laughing, he clearly doesn't give a s..t about what has gone on within the bank.

I say what about the poor (now really poor) people who have lost their homes, and their businesses as a result of the actions of the greedy bankers, and who are now probably having to rely on handouts from the Government that we the poor are going to have to fund?

It just doesn't make sense to let him away with it, the man should do the decent thing and resign, and if he won't then the shareholders must decide his fate. On top of that all those who have participated in the fraud should lose 'their' homes and businesses as well. C'mon lets get real here they are a bunch of immoral, scheming, coniving, money grabbing b......s and need to be brought to book, but guess what, it appears there isn't any current law to deal with their rigging of the LIBOR rates. A case of ah, the Law doesn't cover abuse of the LIBOR market so lets crack open another bottle of Bollinger, but now Cameron says we will make changes to the Law.

Typical and probably what we knew would happen anyway, they are going to get away with it!

I suggest there probably are existing Laws in place to get these people, just a case of finding them, but find them we must. Above all, bank customers who have lost out over this must be compensated.

Bl...y disgraceful and I am sick of it, what say you members?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 10:04 on 1st July 2012

It doesn't surprise me that this went on... Both Labour and Conservative parties were guilty of permitting it to happen, by approving of 'light touch' regulation of the banks. The bankers are the new barons, wallowing in greed, with many politicians of both parties sharing the trough. As to compensation, there are individuals who will be winners and losers, and no doubt many companies will spring up offering to pursue compensation claims on behalf of individuals who think they have lost out.

Maybe I am old and cynical, but I doubt anyhing more serious will happen than the naughty boys will get a token caning from Mervyn King, who will carry on in his usual way like the amiable old headmaster of the banking world.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 17:25 on 1st July 2012

Bible says.... it is easier for an camel to go through the eye of an

needle.... then it is for an rich man to enter heaven.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:13 on 1st July 2012

I could name a couple more cheating, lying crooks Shirley. Brothers who have done very nicely by dumping on everybody who stood in their way.

I still hope to get even with them one day. They know who they are and if by pure chance they read this post, then look out 'brothers' I'm not finished with you yet!

They are not POE members I might add dear friends, but nice to know I won't be meeting them there Shirley.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:21 on 1st July 2012
Marcus Agius is to resign on Monday as the Chairman of Barclays following the issue referred to above. Good riddance, and who will be next Mr Diamond?

quote | editPosted at 15:19 on 2nd July 2012

Ron.  You say that Agius has resigned, and indeed he has.  Loss of job will not equal loss of money and a life time of hardship.  If I have read it correctly his severance pay will be £6M, no doubt he has a pension etc as well.

Unlike you and me, and no doubt many others, he seems to have good health.  Given good health and £6M there is no way that I would stay on and work every day !!

What punishment is walking out now ?  unless his career would have given him more than £6M.  No doubt it would have done.  If I had £6M to come then I would not even think about what might have been !  Will he live in shame now, no chance,  he can buy a lot of Kleenex to wipe away the tears.   

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:25 on 2nd July 2012
Wonder if he will pay the appropriate amount of tax on that sum Mick?
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 18:27 on 2nd July 2012

Seems to be the same old story...never pay restitiution for the original crime of bilking many out of millions.  There are only 8 hours in the working day supposedly..who determines that one man should make the minium..... while another makes millions. True some jobs are harder...but are they worth huge sums is the question. I was watching an house on tv the other day..someone where over here...but it was an estate and was called an castle..it had five rooms in the ground that were huge and palatial to say the least...and the man said that they rented this "castle" for $36,000 an month....and all I could think of looking at it's blowling alley...its huge acracde game..lounge...and sports room ..on and on..spa and pool...is this is the kind of thing that Sandusky's 45 children he molested... were  subject to "downstairs" nightly...because he "loved them so"...he didn't hink he was doing anything wrong...making him rub his penis as they showered together...etc..... 10 years old...one his own adopted son also... .today's sense of ethics and useage of money when you have it..is pure "sicko" and an waste of humanity very often. One can not respect  today's leadership very  much....it lacks substance over-all.

quote | editPosted at 07:48 on 3rd July 2012

What a Diamond geezer !!!  he has gone. 

Will be signing on for dole money now.

If only the entire establishment had gone with him. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:13 on 3rd July 2012
On 1st July 2012 22:21, Ron Brind wrote:
Marcus Agius is to resign on Monday as the Chairman of Barclays following the issue referred to above. Good riddance, and who will be next Mr Diamond?

Yes Mick....Bob Diamond has resigned!

Who will be next to go?

How many people do Barclays (and other banks) still employ, fiddling us daily, albeit they have probably now gone very quiet and visit the toilet a bit more often! I say sack the lot of them and then pursue them through the Courts. This isn't over yet, and more banks will be hit over the coming weeks, they have been cheating us for years, and now it's PAY BACK TIME!