Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St David's Cathedral

Pembroke

in the county of Pembrokeshire

Lighthouse in Fleetwood, Lancashire

Fleetwood

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Red Nose Day

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

Toby Craig
Toby Craig
quotePosted at 05:42 on 11th March 2011

Red Nose Day Friday March 18th 2011

Edited by: Toby Craig at:11th March 2011 11:34
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:47 on 11th March 2011

Whilst a lot of people do a lot of good things on Red Nose Day Toby - raising many millions of pounds, I cannot help but feel that charity really should begin at home. There are too many living below the poverty line in this country alone to worry about giving it away to others. I for one will not be making a donation of any kind this year for this particular fund raising event.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:57 on 11th March 2011
you have hit the nail on the head ron and thanks for starting it off.                all this thing about charities is getting past a joke now why dont all these so called pop stars and overpaid sports stars throw a few quid in,i think i said before --the only charity i give is the blind and the life-boats i think that is enough,do you remember last year when a certain cd came out by 3/4 soldiers and proceeds went to the armed forces or should have--it went on sale i think for £9 ---after admin costs i cant remember exactly but somewhere in the region of £1 15p went to the charity and the same thing is happening with this red nose episode.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 20:01 on 11th March 2011
I know there are many in need and my heart goes out to them but honestly, right now I am my own charity. Being unemployed for more than a year has depressed my mood and my bank account. I am just a hairs breath from being homeless myself and it's very scary.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 21:13 on 11th March 2011

I think it goes all around for everyone these days pretty much...even those working. We need prices reduced in our staple everyday items.That's the way it use to be an people earned enough to save for the luxury items. What has been going on the last 20 years is just the opposite and it hasn't gotten us any where has it. First thing they need to do is stop interest rates and what people owe on credit cards down about half...people got in debt...  pay checks were not covering basic needs of families. I heard an econmist say last night....we no longer have the idea of true "democracy" running our government over here...everything we beleive in in the past has beren thrown out the door...oour government is now our "dictator" and until its removed or those in it..not putting the common needs of its citzens first that iswill be what it is...the "new" dictator...and he pointed out....are not most the third world countries ran by dictators? They give themselves first, last and always "the best" available...and to the people...they get to merely "survive" daily if they can. That in turn see's coups and miltary struggles..more deaths and more population problems as the lower class turns to itself in sex and drugs for its "happiness"...and the poverty becomes an cycle...one of real struggle  to over come. Crime becomes paramount...and God forgotten. The ills of the world are an "excuse" to be put up with and lived with as the justice areacan not imprison all of society on its own resources...and those up at the top are just as crooked as those at the bottom of the ladder. Likewise gang up together for support...and the "Blind lead the blind" indeed. An "dog" has recently told us how to be...without ever spending an dime...when he refused to leave his master...when he refused to let him go upstairs....when after he had his heart attack he wildly went to his wife and demanded she follow him to her husband...where she found him in an chair. They were able to save his life in time. Othewise..he would of went to bed and probably died in his sleep. The actions of the dog was not allowing him to go upstiars at all. Teh dog gets an "valor of the year" award for it's kindness...and what was it but an stray puppy someone dumped in the parking lot at an grocery store one time..he paid not an dime to own the dog. Because the man is on Social Security...he gets the dog food from now on for the dog for free.

With what happened last night in Japan...some possibly 88,000 people may have died...they don't know yet..but you know...less mouths to feed...the truly tragic "hard way" if they were one of your loved ones...to allow others an chance at living. Japan is one of the world's best prepared nations for earthquakes. I am this morning trying to get the "Jesus is coming" type people...and the rumor flying stopped, curtained down an bit...but most these type refute me in ways. It's not over yet either...we have March 19th...the moon is the cloest to the eath in years...and until 2016...remeber me telling you how Jim Berkland was rather upset over it making out his yearly tide charts. He was on "coast" last night asking people to prepare...and he means all over the world in ways...but particualrly if you live near or on the "ring of fire" areas.No matter how well built...its very hard to survive these monster disasters. CNN in wide screen really brought the horror of the situation last night in panoramic view. I go for now.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:17 on 12th March 2011

Jim said on the radio he had sent out this month's news letters..on the 9th..and I got mine today...it says...Puns aside, this may be a time beyond almost all of my previous warnings to BEWARE THE TIDES OF MARCH...regular readers are well aware of the main tidal forces that create ocean tides, solid earth tides, heightened subsurface fluid pressures, which combine to create conditions to increased word seismicity....for 2 dollars in an self stamped envelope you can read the rest of what he has to say....which does't sound all that good.  He left us an joke though...If an earthquake wrecks your tropical bird cage, it may well be the time to "re-parrot". In was watching an video tonight of the tall sky scrapers swaying in Japan. That alone is scarey. I am tryng to prepare though...it started off tonight by asking my sister how much food she had..could she make it to her next assistence check...she says...I got about one week's of groceries and $40 until next month. So I spent some my social security check tonight for her about two weeks of canned goods should anything happen the end of this month...and will be taking it out of my pocket...when my check comes in. I will try to come back tomarrow after taking this to her..as her car doesn't work and see if we have enough also fo rthe end of the month. Diana...my brother has not worked for two years now..for two years he's been living off unemployment checks...and he had an darn good job to begin with....It's gotten rediculous when an person can not support themselves these days. I now owe those dam anti-christ doctors more then what I have saved in an year's time..for "testing"...and simple dam blood an urine test back when I had shingles. I simply hate them..they do little these days in the world for people's health without driving them into bankruptcy. This money was AFTER our health insurance paid them also..since when is an blood test and an urine test woth $2,000...and maybe 3 hours wating for the test to come back...I go tthe release papers...we don't KNOW what is wrong with you...but here's four suggestions that might be...wait and see if you develope more problems and then maybe we will know better...(if your not dead by then maybe). GRRR!   I can see people now literally tearing that hospital apart if we have an emergency... like they are experiencing over in Japan. And did you see all thier new cars over there going over the dikes like they were rubber toys? it's been an most miserable week for me. Reember I'm the " sensitve" that gets to tell people like Jim "what" I'm picking up...and its been an week of feeling Like I had an sick stomach and naueated every day like I had an hang over from being drunk constantly...and my grandaughter just came in an said..Grandma..there's an fire truck just went up the streets with it's emergeny lights on...I better go. 

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 19:46 on 12th March 2011

Toby, I love what you did to your avatar.  I don't know anything about Red Nose day.  What exactly is it?

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:50 on 12th March 2011

hi ruth--red nose day is a day of the year where a little red ball fits on your nose and the proceeds of this sale go to charity and a big thing is made about it on television.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 20:02 on 12th March 2011

Hi James, old mate!  I don't think they have Red Nose Day here, James.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:11 on 12th March 2011
they probably call it     w   c    fields day over there old mate.Laughing
1 2 3 4 5 Next >