Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Snow on the beach Dec 2010

Cromer

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

Portland

Portland

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Thanks to you all !

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 04:17 on 4th April 2009

Kilt  Camera 3   Hi All,  I just wanted to say after joining this wonderful group and looking at all of the beautiful pictures you guys have really inspired me to take more pictures and try to take better ones. I am even going to look at  photo lab hardware to download, so if any of you have any ideas or tips for me let me know!! I have always loved to take pictures but i am not very creative at it so I am going to try to better and try differant things..

THANKS!!!!:_))))     Big Ben

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:03 on 4th April 2009
www.Pictures Of England.com (POE) for inspiration! Thanks Debbie for your comments re the wonderful group we have here, glad you are enjoying being part of the family. I am sure that the members will continue to offer their valued opinions.
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 13:02 on 4th April 2009
Well i know i've said it before, but photoshop elements takes a bit of beating. Its easy to get used to, and can be used just to crop adjust contrast brightness or remove dirt spots etc... right through to really playing with the image, its very versatile.
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 14:14 on 4th April 2009

I can't wait to see your photos Debbie! And it is really fun having you around the fourm too!!! Laughing

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 22:23 on 4th April 2009

Thanks Ron, Jason & Krissy!! I have really enjoyed this group.

Jason is photoshop elements something you can download or do i have to go purchase the hardware? I looked at your pictures and they are great!!  I will be thankful for any ideas from you all;-))))

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 04:22 on 5th April 2009
Hi Debbie:  I feel the same way.  This site has inspired me to do better photography as well.  I only hope I get the opportunity to get more pics I can post here.  I'm almost out of pics to submit.  I got a new camera for Christmas - a huge upgrade from my old camera, and what I'm finding is the best way to learn is to take it out and snap away.  Make a day of it.  Get a large disk that will hold many photos and maybe some long lasting lithium batteries.  The more you practice, the better you'll become.
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 05:40 on 5th April 2009

Hi Debbie---If you want to try something for free, here's Google's Picasa photo indexing software that also includes editing tools as well. When you first run it, it will go through all your photos and index them and automatically add new ones you take. You can download it here http://picasa.google.co.uk/

Photoshop Elements 7 that Jason suggested is for purchasing, though for what you get for your money will give you a lot of creativity to work with if you wanted, though Picasa will do a lot of what you're probably looking for initially.

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 11:34 on 5th April 2009
On 4th April 2009 22:23, DEBBIE ADAMS wrote:

Thanks Ron, Jason & Krissy!! I have really enjoyed this group.

Jason is photoshop elements something you can download or do i have to go purchase the hardware? I looked at your pictures and they are great!!  I will be thankful for any ideas from you all;-))))

I think you can download it, theres a free trial too!

http://tryit.adobe.com/uk/photoshopelements/?sdid=DMHGK

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 13:24 on 5th April 2009
Hi Debbie! I can't offer much help but I am certainly glad you have joined us. Laughing
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 23:15 on 5th April 2009

Thanks Ruth, Paul, Jason & Catherine!!! I will give each of these a look at, thank yall so much i am really excited about this, so maybe when we visit England i will have some ok pictures to share with you guys;-)))

I am glad i joined you all to CatherineWay Too Happy